BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

28 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't. You just ask me to justify a trade I made by acknowledging that my team got better. Do you see how stupid/cowardly/soft that seems? Who makes trades to make their team worse? Who trades the current MVP for the former MVP at the same position and gets heat for it? 

If I hadn't won the title this year, this trade wouldn't matter. Whether you intended to or not, you just made that really clear. That's the point of it. We have one approval, one retracted approval (even though if you weren't here you can't see Counselor editing his original approval) and one guy on the committee saying this trade is a detriment to the league and literally one of the most "disheartening moves you've ever seen". 

I'll withdraw the trade. 

Jackson is on the block for picks, guys. Sorry Xmad. You'll get by with Mahomes though. 

I liked the pickup

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm fine with that. 

Now what is this? Not even close to true. I was made at how quickly A BRAND NEW LEAGUE MEMBER with zero concept of the value of QB's in this league immediately traded a potentially huge asset. Him and I hadn't even exchanged offers. When he posted Mahomes was available, I asked what his asking price was. By the next day Mahomes was gone for peanuts, and no one here wanted to protect a new league member and get him real value. 

To be fair. The trade was made with Mahomes only making 6 starts. One guy got Mahomes the other got TJ Watt. Watt now has 27.5 sacks the past two years.

Edited by PR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PR said:

To be fair. The trade was made with Mahomes only making 6 starts. One guy got Mahomes the other fot TJ Watt.

But everyone in the league knew Mahomes worth, except the guy trading him. The committee did nothing to help him. When Mike asked I excuse myself from responding to the trade because of potentially trading for Mahomes, I did. And we let him trade Mahomes for TJ Watt and a cap dump. I won the title with Maxx Crosby and Ngakoue on the edges. Where is the team with TJ Watt currently? Where is the team with Mack and Garrett? Where is the team with Von Miller and Kerrigan? The team with the elite QB beat the team with Nick Bosa, Josh Allen and Cam Jordan rushing off the edges.

Positional value is extremely real in this league, am I wrong? 

Either way, that's in the past. As bad of a trade as it was, it doesn't matter now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

But everyone in the league knew Mahomes worth, except the guy trading him. The committee did nothing to help him. When Mike asked I excuse myself from responding to the trade because of potentially trading for Mahomes, I did. And we let him trade Mahomes for TJ Watt and a cap dump. I won the title with Maxx Crosby and Ngakoue on the edges. Where is the team with TJ Watt currently? Where is the team with Mack and Garrett? Where is the team with Von Miller and Kerrigan? The team with the elite QB beat the team with Nick Bosa, Josh Allen and Cam Jordan rushing off the edges.

Either way, that's in the past. As bad of a trade as it was, it doesn't matter now.

To be fair Mahomes also wasn't in the BDL playoffs this season.

The QB you have is equal importance to the receivers you have. Your team ultimately won because you had both receivers and a QB. Every team you faced along the way lacked one or the other. NO lacked a QB. Singspore lacked the receivers (and a running game) Berlin lacked consistency at both. The true testament to where edge players come into play is when you get late into the season when there is oline attrition. That can be game changing in the playoffs. Edge can make or break on whether the voters think your QB will have time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PR said:

To be fair Mahomes also wasn't in the BDL playoffs this season.

The QB you have is equal importance to the receivers you have. Your team ultimately won because you had both receivers and a QB. Every team you faced along the way lacked one or the other. NO lacked a QB. Singspore lacked the receivers (and a running game) Berlin lacked consistency at both. The true testament to where edge players come into play is when you get late into the season when there is oline attrition. That can be game changing in the playoffs. Edge can make or break on whether the voters think your QB will have time.

See @WFLukic you have no QB

53 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm fine with that. 

Now what is this? Not even close to true. I was made at how quickly A BRAND NEW LEAGUE MEMBER with zero concept of the value of QB's in this league immediately traded a potentially huge asset. Him and I hadn't even exchanged offers. When he posted Mahomes was available, I asked what his asking price was. By the next day Mahomes was gone for peanuts, and no one here wanted to protect a new league member and get him real value. 

30 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Letting people take advantage of newbies? In this league? Gee, what a surprise. I wonder why that happens!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Slow down capt.  

Mahomes was traded to a team that we all know isn't the best game planner/writer..sorry xmad I mean no disrespect.  How many games has Portland won in the past two seasons with Mahomes?  Not enough when a better game planner with the same roster would be in the playoffs.  

Lets not pretend that you and Ted were looking to protect the new guy....come on now...haha  You guys wanted him then and you want him now.  Both of you guys weren't offering me much in the way of talent but draft picks mainly and not high ones.  I needed edge talent in exchange for a position group I considered at the time stacked.  Rivers was having a career year and Mayfield looked promising as a rookie.  Even if the value was there and you guys were offering me what I wanted in return, I couldn't trade him to either of you because both of you are two of the better writers in bdl, it would have been suicide to trade him to either of you.  Something that Xmad obviously hasn't considered but I get it he's frustrated because the best QB in the league isn't making his game plans any better.

Where is my old team?  It was handed over to bdp and I was refused ownership of the team when we all knew that bdp wasn't going to be involved.  Even "begged" Ted to get the team back to me and was flat out refused.  Honestly it sickened me to watch that team fall apart after being the top seed the previous year.  

So you can claim it was a bad trade all you want it worked out really well for me and the team I traded him to it really hasn't worked out for him at all otherwise he wouldn't be looking to trade him to you.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Slow down capt.  

Mahomes was traded to a team that we all know isn't the best game planner/writer..sorry xmad I mean no disrespect.  How many games has Portland won in the past two seasons with Mahomes?  Not enough when a better game planner with the same roster would be in the playoffs.  

Lets not pretend that you and Ted were looking to protect the new guy....come on now...haha  You guys wanted him then and you want him now.  Both of you guys weren't offering me much in the way of talent but draft picks mainly and not high ones.  I needed edge talent in exchange for a position group I considered at the time stacked.  Rivers was having a career year and Mayfield looked promising as a rookie.  Even if the value was there and you guys were offering me what I wanted in return, I couldn't trade him to either of you because both of you are two of the better writers in bdl, it would have been suicide to trade him to either of you.  Something that Xmad obviously hasn't considered but I get it he's frustrated because the best QB in the league isn't making his game plans any better.

Where is my old team?  It was handed over to bdp and I was refused ownership of the team when we all knew that bdp wasn't going to be involved.  Even "begged" Ted to get the team back to me and was flat out refused.  Honestly it sickened me to watch that team fall apart after being the top seed the previous year.  

So you can claim it was a bad trade all you want it worked out really well for me and the team I traded him to it really hasn't worked out for him at all otherwise he wouldn't be looking to trade him to you.

You the man Mike

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Slow down capt.  

Dude I literally never made you an offer. I PM'd you that day asking what you were looking for. By the next morning he had been traded. 

And none of this even matters to the trade that has now been withdrawn, aside from the fact that Counselor decided to bring up something old, and factually incorrect despite what you think you remember, I never even had the time to make an offer.

47 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Who initiated the trade deal?

I did. 

Really dont have an opinion on the Mahomes/Jackson trade. The truth is unless you have a star, no one is gonna take your team seriously. Even if its statistically better.

BIG NAMES = Votes. To deny it is... well just spare us the waste of time. 

I'd frankly welcome LJ in my decision. Wrecking his life twice a year would be fun.

But as far as ppl speaking out against them, last I checked this league doesnt allow vetoing Trades. Unless we are once again making rules up as we go.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Really dont have an opinion on the Mahomes/Jackson trade. The truth is unless you have a star, no one is gonna take your team seriously. Even if its statistically better.

BIG NAMES = Votes. To deny it is... well just spare us the waste of time. 

I'd frankly welcome LJ in my decision. Wrecking his life twice a year would be fun.

But as far as ppl speaking out against them, last I checked this league doesnt allow vetoing Trades. Unless we are once again making rules up as we go.

Not vetos but it requires approvals