BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You know how many close matchups have gotten votes based on "well in the end, it's Brady/Rodgers/Brees vs the other QB so that's where my vote goes." Can honestly say I've never seen anyone swing a vote like that based on WR's.

Brady/Rodgers/Brees are not the many QBs who get grouped into the same tier

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

FTR I think they're both really good too.

I didn’t give a personal opinion on them and most of my Evaluation begins post combine.

Why didn’t they lead Ole Miss to anything significant this year is a good question, imo.

Just now, Whicker said:

And Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are this year's Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel.

We get it, you aren’t quite fond of the top defensive guys here. 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You should go QB at 2 and if you like the Haskins then obviously do that

Nah, I got Brady.  I like Bosa or Quinnen at 2 more.

That said, I like how you are approaching this mock.

Edited by Ragnarok

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Brady/Rodgers/Brees are not the many QBs who get grouped into the same tier

You're not addressing the point I made that 99% of the time the QB sways the vote in a close game more than any other position and it's not even close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I have like the 15th best QB in BDL. I sign Robert Woods, draft DJ Moore, and Adam Thielen breaks out and all of a sudden I'm 2nd seed.

Cam Newton isn’t the 15th best QB when healthy, lol. He wins differently but he’s around 6-8 best.

Patrick Peterson and Von Miller help. Tuitt and your LB position wasn’t a liability per usual. Plus you’ve always had a good team, your OL was crap (couldn’t field 5 starters in 2017) is why you had a bad season in the first place.

Just cause I haven't really posted this in quite some time.

Singapore Trade Block

RB Elijah McGuire - 7th rounder

WR DeVante Parker - 7th rounder

WR Ryan Switzer - 7th rounder

WR Trent Taylor - 7th rounder

OG Josh Kline - 6th rounder

Edge Taco Charleton - 5th rounder

INT Linval Joseph - 5th rounder

S Marcus Maye - 3rd rounder

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Cam Newton isn’t the 15th best QB when healthy, lol. He wins differently but he’s around 6-8 best.

Patrick Peterson and Von Miller help. Tuitt and your LB position wasn’t a liability per usual. Plus you’ve always had a good team, your OL was crap (couldn’t field 5 starters in 2017) is why you had a bad season in the first place.

The winning differently is part of it. I can't simulate him in BDL. If I do, I get crap about how I can't do it for too long or else he'll get hurt or break down or something. I can't do short passes because that doesn't play to his strength. I can't deep pass because he's not accurate.

In 2017 even when I had a full, pretty good offensive line, I couldn't do anything on offense. My receivers were basically the equivalent to Wichita's this year who also couldn't do anything on offense except the game where Goff had 6 TDs

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Lol if we removed the QB position, @Whickeryour team is still awesome. If Von Miller or Pat Peterson got hurt you might be surprised at how much less those receivers help.

I disagree. I was like the 15th in Ted's/Lukic's power rankings during the offseason. Everyone thought my team was terrible and I still had to go like 5-0 before I got rated #1. My WRs kept producing IRL and I kept winning. Thielen and Moore cooled down and i lost steam.

7 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I disagree. I was like the 15th in Ted's/Lukic's power rankings during the offseason. Everyone thought my team was terrible and I still had to go like 5-0 before I got rated #1. My WRs kept producing IRL and I kept winning. Thielen and Moore cooled down and i lost steam.

You have some great points. Imo it’s a subjective ordeal. Cam’s health was an issue while Thielen was stuck between average-high end BDL #2 coming into the year. Just bc Ted isn’t a major fan of Newton doesn’t mean it was generally accepted across the leauge. In any event you started strong and added strong pieces. Ultimately, you’re entitled to believe that and after some Kelvin Benjamin arguments it’s hard to say you’re incorrect.

There is more a BDL team than QB/WR though and that is fact.