BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Cleveland has Emmanuel Ogbah on the trade block now(Olivier Vernon) ,  hoping he gets traded to a team that needs a starter. 

Ogbah was good enough to be 50% of the trade the got Pat Mahomes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WFLukic said:

I was thinking of Micah Hyde.

Yes you can 3 Up Hyde. It would just be 75% of his Spotrac Average ($6,100) for whatever remaining years he has (3 years) . It would replace his current BDL deal.

PR did something similar with Greg Olsen last year. You'll be paying him more money though. Hell with that cheap of a deal I'd almost just 100% extend him and use the 3 up somewhere else.

Edited by SirA1

23 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Thought you were a co-owner, remembered you got your team back, went to check the teams, your team is gone, forgot teams have their owner names on the spreadsheet. It was a whole thing.

1.12 for Njoku, he's that good.

Cuba is willing to offer the jerseys with Dingos  crossed out and replaced with "Cuba Strugglers" for Njoku.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Yes you can 3 Up Hyde. It would just be 75% of his Spotrac Average ($6,100) for whatever remaining years he has (3 years) . It would replace his current BDL deal.

PR did something similar with Greg Olsen last year. You'll be paying him more money though. Hell with that cheap of a deal I'd almost just 100% extend him and use the 3 up somewhere else.

Which part of our 3 up rules does this fall under?

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Which part of our 3 up rules does this fall under?

The year round 3 Up rule part. How else can you sign someone during the season? 

Edited by SirA1

29 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The year round 3 Up rule part. How else can you sign someone during the season? 

This isn't during the season. Wouldn't he have to wait until the season actually starts and then it would be a 2020 3 up? 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

This isn't during the season. Wouldn't he have to wait until the season actually starts and then it would be a 2020 3 up? 

It's year round. Not sure what the problem is here as Hyde is getting a pay raise. I did the same with Griffen last year and Snacks both of whom had 1 year left on their BDL deals.  Because of BDL FA we are going to have contracts that don't align with players RL deals.

This is one of the reasons I am looking to tighten the 3 Up rules for next year though as obviously it is confusing to some people.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

1. He's still under BDL contract.

2. He's BEEN under RL contract. This isn't like he just received a new deal and his BDL deal needs updating. 

He doesn't fall under any of the parameters of a 3 uppable player at this point, no matter what was loopholed in the past. 

At this point he should be eligible for a 100% extension and that's it. 

If you can't 100% extend a UFA you probably shouldn't be able to 3 up a player currently under contract.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

1. He's still under BDL contract.

2. He's BEEN under RL contract. This isn't like he just received a new deal and his BDL deal needs updating. 

He doesn't fall under any of the parameters of a 3 uppable player at this point, no matter what was loopholed in the past. 

At this point he should be eligible for a 100% extension and that's it. 

If you can't 100% extend a UFA you probably shouldn't be able to 3 up a player currently under contract.

Here was my reasoning for Greg Olsen. this is one of the reasons why we need to clarify the 3 Up rules this summer and make them air tight. We've allowed this many times over the years it's not something new.

I believe this satisfies the rule below so will approve. Upcoming Free Agent is ambiguous enough to include players with 1 year left on their deals.

If the player is an upcoming free agent that is not coming out of his BDL rookie deal, he can be signed at 85% of the value of his remaining IRL contract

• Like 1