BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Also I think the Hooper deal at $5K+ is fine. He's a young starting TE and that is what he will get on the open market. In RFA you have to make the price just high enough to make the original owner make a hard decision.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Technically 100% extensions are restructures.

Restructure is moving the money around the contract in the same amount of years.

Extensions are extending the contract by years (and generally money).

That said since we use the average per year we don't restructure anything.

14 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Also I think the Hooper deal at $5K+ is fine. He's a young starting TE and that is what he will get on the open market. In RFA you have to make the price just high enough to make the original owner make a hard decision.

Stupid to bid on anyone at all, actually. That much IS proven.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Stupid to bid on anyone at all, actually. That much IS proven.

I could argue that at the price tag of a 7th rounder it's worth the double use of resources for the proven commodity if you get him on a cheaper deal. That said you generally shouldn't be able to get cheap deals in RFA soooooo...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I could argue that at the price tag of a 7th rounder it's worth the double use of resources for the proven commodity if you get him on a cheaper deal. That said you generally shouldn't be able to get cheap deals in RFA soooooo...

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I am fully prepared for the possibility of this to not work out.

It's not my data, but I was told it's been proven.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You are quite feisty today 

Just returned back to work today, the day after St Patties day, after having a month and a half off for paternity leave(a week of which was spent in Jamaica). To top that off my keycard didn't work so I had to go through the main entrance and then I didn't have access to my systems for the first half of my day and I was just assigned a project that is already 5 weeks past due.

• Like 2