10. Black Rhinos- Devin Bush

11. Intimidators- Brian Burns

12. Wolves- Jonah Williams

13. Hood Rats- Christian Wilkins

14. Soul Reavers- Dwayne Haskins

15. Eternals- Nasir Adderley

16. Night Marchers- Greedy Williams

17. Wolves- Byron Murphy- Fits perfectly in my heavy zone scheme

18. Blitzkrieg- Jeffery Simmons- Mocked him to himself here and would form a scary duo in year two with Quinnen

19. Smugglers- Rashan Gary- They need an edge presence and Gary has untapped potential 

20. Intimidators- Jawan Taylor- Carolina can go all BPA in this draft with no real weakness on this team. Taylor could be an IRL top ten pick so value here.

21. Hippos- Dexter Lawrence- Struck out on two attempts to add a NT in RFA, so fills the big need here with a big potential player.

22. Blitzkrieg- DeAndre Baker- Still need bodies opposite Conley even after trading for Joshua Jackson.

23. Smugglers- AJ Brown- Receiver help is needed for Cuba.

24. Jazz- Andre Dillard- Some have him as the top T based on athleticism and pass pro production. Would be a good addition to an oline that needs players.

25. Jazz- Cody Ford- Ability to play inside or out and more beef on that line to pave the way for Elliott.

26. Blitzkrieg- Garrett Bradbury- One C on the roster, and while he is a good player he is a 7k contract. Berlin looks towards the future and gets what most consider the top C in this draft. 

27. Dragons- Jerry Tillery- They need an inside presence on the INT and Tillery was right up there in pass rush production with Q. Will. Watch the Stanford tape to see what his potential could be.

28. Soul Reavers- Noah Fant- Graham is old and they could use a young weapon for their rebuild. 

29. Hood Rats- Erik McCoy- One C on the roster and they could use an upgrade here with the athletic McCoy

30. Wolves- Clelin Ferrell- I need a fourth edge to combine with Jordan, Flowers, and Hubbard. Ferrell May drop due to athleticism questions but I will end the fall here.

31. Eternals- Jonathan Abram- Added the ballhawking free safety in the first now get the punishing strong safety in the second to form a fearsome safety duo for years. 

32. Wolves- Hakeem Butler- I have three WR on the roster and Butler presents as a size matchup who can run. I am higher on him than many so I snag him here.

• Like 3

Good Evening, Welcome to BDL Prime Time News; I am Wes Redzone, this evening I am going to share with you some BDL Interviews I had the pleasure of conducting over the last week.

First before I get to the interviews, some news.

We have already seen some big events occur this offseason. The arrival of new owners and co-owners, the trades of guys like Lavonte David, David Johnson, and Davonta Freeman.

The release of prime time talents like Cam Newton.

With the draft not but a few weeks away, I can only imagine what the news is going to be like next week.

Stay tuned… and now the interviews.

Anchorage Wolves / Counselor

First and foremost, how long have you been an owner in BDL? This will be my third season

You've completed a few trades this offseason so far, what has been the one you feel will give your team the most impact? Losing Aaron Rodgers

Makes complete sense, losing an elite level talent like Aaron Rodgers will always have an impact, but a good Owner can always recover from such a move.

Are there any impacting changes that you think will be more significant than others beyond the obvious shortened season this year? Not really

Not concerned evolution beyond his own. I can dig that.

The draft is rapidly approaching, how prepared do you feel you are? I am so ready

Aren’t we all!

Who do you think the weakest teams in the league will be this upcoming season? My own team I expect to finish first. I’m tanking for Tua

That is an interesting bit of information I find myself surprised you have shared?

What about the Strongest teams? Orlando has no weaknesses 

Orlando? *Looks around, doesn’t see an Orlando*

Do you intend to be active in free agency? You know it

All I heard was “High Roller!”

Record Prediction for Anchorage? 2-10

Ouch...

Carolina Intimidators / BDP

As one of the two newest members of BDL, what do you feel the biggest strength is that you bring to the league and to the Carolina Intimidators? Knowledge of the game, value of team needs and wants, I have always had the philosophy off making things work long term. So I guess you can say I like to build through the draft. Instead of signing a big time RFA or go bidding war on a UFA.

Strategically rebuilding or maybe just reloading, I can appreciate that approach

With the Draft rapidly approaching, can we expect any last minute surprise trades? Anything is possible during the draft.

I like it, a little mystery here, maybe even a little anticipation!

Do you feel confident you are properly prepared for the upcoming draft?  Of course, (not being cocky) just have faith in myself and Oldie.

Let’s be honest, if you don’t believe in yourself, there’s not much point. You’re off to a good start.

You have a strong roster, if there's one position you'd have to point to, what do you feel the biggest weakness is on your roster? I will not share that with the league at this moment but one thing is backup depth on the Defense would be a plus.

Diplomatic response. I can respect that, don’t want to show your hand before it’s dealt.

Who, in your division, do you feel is your least threatening opponent? Any team at anytime can be a threat, so you have to be prepared at all times.

Might be the smartest thing I’ve heard anyone say this week.

Do you believe you will be a playoff team this season? Barring any major injuries, I believe with a good draft, maybe pick up a FA or two. Carolina should make a deep playoff run.

I really like the makeup of your roster so I cannot possibly disagree with you.

Camden Hoodrats / JLash

First of all, how long have you been an owner in BDL?
I've been an owner since the 2012 season I believe? I've been a lucky owner once when I won the BizzBowl.

Congratulations on that. Must be exciting of course, the fans have had positive things to say about the team.

How long have you been a good one?

I was a good owner the following year when I got back to the title game and fought valiantly with a devastated roster! Aside from that, it's all smoke and mirrors.

You didn’t even mind the snark there, an honest to God response, I love it!

Secondly, a comment on your roster, how confident are you with Lamar Jackson at the helm?  He looks a lot like a RPO QB, Mason Rudolph has not gotten an opportunity yet, do you feel that Lamar takes the next step in 2019?

I don't know what steps Lamar takes. People hated him so hard in this league. They said he's a WR playing QB, blah blah blah. I've been very vocal about my desire to acquire all the black QB's in the league because I believe in the underdog story and one of them will pan out. I'm looking at you Dwayne Haskins!

I admire your commitment to making history.

Do you feel that this is a fair statment?; "The Offensive Line will make or break the success level of Camden"

My season literally hinges on Lamar Jackson. That's it. Very simple. BDL is a QB league undoubtedly.

I can’t possibly disagree with that.

What, if anything, do you feel recently acquired Shaq Lawson adds to your defense?
What was it about Vic Beasley that you didn't like?

Lawson is a guy I liked coming out of Clemson but he's struggled with injuries. I was happy to get him for just a swap of another underachieving pass rusher. I like Lawson and hope the best for him. Beasley seems like a good guy but I think he plateau'd and just hasn't developed at all since.

Personally I really like the addition of Lawson to your roster, I feel he has a strong future ahead of him.

Who do you believe will have the weakest roster in 2019?

I don't know who will have the weakest roster, but I hope it's Gotham because I like whooping that old mans arse.

A rivalry, I love good rivalries!

Where does Camden end up this season

I think if my young offensive players step up I can make a playoff run, it all hinges on them 100%. My defense is tailor made to contend.

I agree with this as well. That offense might very well have championship potential as long as it holds up.

Rome Eternals / BCB

First and foremost, how long have you been an owner in BDL?

I started this expansion franchise in 2014

Sounds by the tone of your voice like it’s been a fun five years.

Secondly, looking at your roster, it's a strong roster, but what do you feel your weakness is?

Safety is a concern and just depth at a couple of positions

My predetermined opinion falls in line with what you’ve said here.

What do you feel the long term future is at QB with Rome? Do you envision a rebuilding period in the future given that you have Drew Brees on contract?

Well we are hopeful Trubisky continues to takes steps forward this year so we do not need a rebuilding period. We fell into Brees a few seasons ago and it's been wonderful having such a great leader and qb.

Trubisky does look the part in the early stages of his career.

Who do you feel will be the best team in 2019 in BDL?

Rome of course

No modesty here I see.

The Worst?

Too soon to tell with free agency and the draft still to come

That was very Roman Diplomat of you.

Is Rome going to be a playoff team?  If not, what keeps them out?

We should be. Injuries can derail anyone's season

The unfortunate truth that always seems to rear it’s ugly head.

Where are you going in the draft? C'mon spill those beans!

No beans to be spilled. I haven't really looked at many prospects in depth yet and generally go highest player's on NY board anyhow

BPA, seems like a sound approach to me.

How active will you be in free agency?

I don't see us going to after any big time names more just pieces we feel can help in certain subsets and for depth

Bargain shopping, sounds like a plan for poverty.

Portland Horned Owls / Xmad

My first question is how long have you owned a team in BDL?

3-4 years? I took over for the former owner Sanchopanza after a trial run as an owner after swag quit.

A trial run following ego and failure? I’m not sure if that’s accurate but that’s what I heard ;)

How confident are you in the strength of your roster?

This roster is held together by duct tape and string cheese, but our QB is the reigning MVP so we'll be fine.

So...you’re hopeful based on a singular player? Yeah, that sounds like scientific logic to me!…..

What do you feel the weakest positions are right now on your roster?

RB/WR by a decent margin, everywhere else I have solid starters. 

Those might be two of the 3 most significant positions on offense, so I guess it’s no secret where you’ll be going in the draft...oh wait..

Do you believe you will be a playoff team?

I have to believe otherwise the fans might figure out the team isn't that good.

Fan bases can turn on you quickly indeed.

Who do you view as the weakest teams in the league?

It rhymes with "Soklahoma" Berlin is up there as well.

Well I suppose there is no secret that you think you’ll walk right over OKC and Berlin.

If you had to place money on who'll become the worst Owners (team quality wise), who would they be?

Probably one of the newer guys, it takes a year or two to get acquainted to BDL and familiar with the grind that is the BDL regular season. But Hokkey won the BDL cup in his 2nd season so...

I think that’s a pretty fair statement.

With the upcoming draft, I'd ask you if you were ready for it but since you don't have any picks, we can skip that question.

I'm ready to trade away all of my draft picks only to trade back into the draft for Kyler.

You’re ready? Or you did already trade them away...

Do you plan to be a big player in free agency?

I'll make a signing here or there but I'm not gonna spend all of my cap on it.

No picks, Not planning to be a big spender, I mean I suppose given that you traded multiple picks to greatly increase your cap costs it makes sense.

Anything else you would like to add?

Buy Portland merchandise, if you don't the owls that built our stadium will starve.

Did you just plug on my news station?

Oklahoma City EF5s / Whicker

First and foremost, how long have you been an owner in BDL?

This will be my third year as a full time owner. I co-owned for a year and half before that.

I'd think OKC is damn scary and even if they overpaid, they filled one of their weaknesses

I agree, they are overpaid.

Let's talk a moment about your most recent trade. Obviously WSR inquired about Rodney Hudson but with him being one of the leagues best Centers, upon renegotiation it simply came down to a pick for a player.  if you weren't directly involved in this trade, how would you evaluate it?

The Peters trade made sense to me in a number of ways. CB is one of the few weak spots on the team and I've long struggled to field an effective one across from Peterson. Peters is on a cheap contract which is important for me this year. With a lesser QB, my surrounding talent has to be that much better than the opposition, and with Von, Peterson, Bakhtiari, and Kerrigan all on premium contracts, I'm on the lookout for any bargains

Seems like a logical approach with a team has solid as yours.

Given that you were directly involved who did you evaluate it and how do you see it working for both parties?

. I think of this trade similar to the Eagles' trade for Golden Tate midseason. They spent a bit of draft capital to get a "test drive" of a player on an affordable contract and get first crack at negotiating an extension if it works out. I'm now the one who gets to decide what Peters is worth next offseason, and with his cap hit and expiring contract, I'm taking on basically zero risk. The only thing I lose is the 2.12 when I'm not as trusting of my scouting as I am on strategy/contract theory, and I already consider this a weak draft class anyway. Patrick Peterson doesn't have too much longer and his contract demands he's elite. I already have plans to jettison him next off season, and Peters gives me security that I'll have the corner to replace him.

I hear from WSR that there may be plans to seek out your negotiations next season.

Cam Newton obviously is a quality QB, but given how poorly Josh Rosen played last season, do you truly believe he is the right man for the job?

Josh Rosen had a typical rookie season which was further marred by a poor team. OKC has full confidence in him as their QB of the future, as evidenced by our recent release of Cam Newton.

Better you than me.

Who is your dealer? Can I have his #?

His name is Stuart.

I think he might be my neighbor...

If there is one, what do you feel is the weakness of your roster?

After the Peters trade, I'm very happy with the talent I have.

The roster is solid, there is no doubt about that...actually some doubt has rosen..

Do you feel OKC will be a playoff team? Yes

Are you ready for the draft?

I get to skip the draft this year! :)

Skipping the draft? That sounds boring!

Do you plan to be highly active in Free Agency?

I plan on signing zero people during free agency.

Planning ahead for you is like a lame first date apparently.

Who do you feel will have the worst record in the 2019 season?

I'm super unlucky so probably me

A thought had rosen but I can’t remember what it was.

Berlin Blitzkrieg / Ragnarok

First and foremost how long have you been a good owner in BDL?

I was one of the original BDL owners and believe I have contributed to the league in a positive way since joining.

...I said a good one 

Secondly, when I look at your roster, my initial feeling is that your weakest position has the potential to be running back, dependent upon health, would you agree?

I suppose that is possible, however; we added Aaron Jones this offseason to add to our overall depth as well as give us a bit more explosion in the run game.  But any position can be decimated by injuries if they happen to pile up at once.  Which is why building depth is so important.

It seems most peoples’ biggest concern is injuries so far.

Your depth on Defense is solid top to bottom, how confident are you it will hold up through the treachery of the season?

I am very confident in our depth in the front 7 on defense.  We could stand to build more depth in the secondary, but adding Josh Jackson this week helped in that regard.  We also have a number of 2nd year players up and down our defense that we expect to make a big impact this year.

Yes, I meant treachery.

Who do you think has the potential to end up with the worst record in the league?

Whoever suffers a season-ending injury to their starting quarterback

...I think I heard him whisper OKC..

What team in this league poses the least amount of threat to your team?

Whoever suffers a season-ending injury to their starting quarterback.

Or maybe I heard WSR...

Do you feel that Berlin will be a playoff team?

We would not have brought Tom Brady on board if we did not think we were ready for a deep playoff run

I mean, that’s a fair point but Tom Brady isn’t invincible.

Do you plan to be heavily active in free agency?

We are rarely very active in free agency, but I expect us to bid on a couple players to fill any gaps that are not met through the draft.

What is with all these bargain basement owners? HoodRats live in basements..yuck!

Are you ready for the draft?

We have put many hours into the draft and we are absolutely ready.  We are just doing some final tweaks to our big boards.  But there could be another trade or two that come to fruition before we get to draft day.

Prepared and ready to go! I like it, I like it a lot! (in my best Jim Carey voice which isn’t very good)

Cuba Smugglers /MD4L

How long have you been a proud owner of BDL?

I’ve been around since 2012, the good ole Buffalo Chargers days.

Good, Buffalo, and Chargers in the same sentence...whatever helps you sleep at night.

Dare I suggest Tight End might be the weakest position on your roster, would you agree?

I think center is the biggest weakness as we’ve got no one at the position presently. We could add help at TE soon, though.

I guess not having a player at a position would make it the biggest weakness.

What position do you feel is your strength?

I’m not quite sure. I liked our receivers before dealing Marvin Jones. We’re going through a transition period at RB, which was an asset last year. I do believe DeShaun Watson can be a high level QB in a 16 team league so we’re looking to build around his skill set.

I can appreciate that, it is a smart way to approach team building.

Besides Injuries, what obstacles must you overcome this season to succeed?

I am interested in how the realignment situation will play out. Last season we were an older team and didn’t win. That means you want to improve the culture and also become more plenish our youth. If we can build around Watson, it’ll help regardless of who we play or division we end up in.

I like the positive outlook, deal with the cards you get no matter who is dealing them.

What teams pose the biggest threat to you?

Rome has made the title game a couple years in a row. We’ve had success against them until last year at home. You get the feeling if we’re ever going to be highly regarded we have to beat them. Going 0-2 vs Ivory Coast wasn’t ideal either. Ultimately, we’re the biggest threat to ourselves. We need to be mentally tough during the year and more prepared than we were last season.

Learning from past mistakes, something too many people don’t do. Lessons learned are lessons not repeated.

What teams do you feel pose the least challenge league wide?

Nobody. We embarrassed the reigning champions and lost vs multiple non playoff teams. You need to bring it regularly and worry about what we can control.

You’re right and the only thing you can control is your own teams performance.

Are you properly prepared for draft day? 

Yup. Lot of options and possibilities.

Isn’t that the truth.

High roller or bystander in free agency?

We’ll do what is in the best interest of our team. Cap space will dictate it a bit but there’s a thing called reckless spending. We will avoid doing so.

The conservative rebel approach typically serves well.

What is your own teams record prediction for this season?

It’ll determine itself on the field. We’ve got moves to make and players to add, thus that is the time of the year. Can’t go further than that.

Faith in self and opposition alike, you have to respect that.

Singapore Sentinels / SirA

How long have you been an owner here in BDL?

Founding Member in 2011.

The man who started it all.

Were there any periods of your ownership that were harder than others?

All the years when I was the Commissioner and did everything.

I’ve been there in other lives, I understand where you’re coming from.

Looking at your roster, you've made a few moves, where do you feel your strengths and weaknesses lie?

DL, RB, S, WR. No room for weaknesses.

So what you’re saying is, you’re a force to be reckoned with.

Do you feel ready for the draft?

You can never be too ready.

I completely agree.

Is there any position you're targeting more than another?

Not really. I usually go BPA. Draft picks in the BDL are not year one contributors.

We seem to think alike.

What's your personal style of approach to trade negotiations with other teams?

Fair deals for both sides.

What are you a car dealership?

Do you view yourself as being a big player in free agency this offseason?

Nope. FA burned me last year. 3 out of 4 signings on IR before the season started.

The scars still hurt is what you’re saying.

What team do you feel has the biggest chance of finishing with the worst record?

The one with the most injuries.

Sensible response.

Who wins it all this season?

Anyone but Rome.

At least we know who your enemies are.

Seoul Dragons / Ted Lavie

How long have you been an owner in BDL?

6 years

Heading into the season, what do you feel your teams weaknesses are?

I have no QB

Well, that seems like it could be a problem.

How can you overcome them?

Sign Cam Newton just to prove Whicker you can win a championship with Cam

I like it! I think releasing Cam Newton in favor of Josh Rosen was a mistake, time will tell.

What do you feel your strengths are on your roster?

The owner/GM/Coach

Not modest at all are you?

Do you feel they will in any way give you a false sense of security?
5 years, 5 playoff apprearences, 3 division wins, 2 Bizz Bowl appearances, 1 Champhionship

False sense? Heck no

So you’re the team to beat?

Draft day will be here before we know it, are you prepared?

I have scouted 25 players. My first pick is 26th. I guess answer is no

Well….I think you better stop talking to me and get to work.

Is there any prospects that really stick out to you as potentially elite talents?

Kyler Murray, maybe Nick Bosa, Montez Sweat or whatever his name is, Rashean Gary, Quinnan Williams and a couple of others DLinemen. And DK Metcalf of course

Yes, that list screams you better keep scouting.

Do you intend to take any big gambles in free agency?

When you're not interest in drafting, you gotta be active in FA

I suppose that makes sense.

Have you completed your last trade for the offseason?

When you're not interest in drafting, you gotta be active in trading

All eyes will be on you in the trade market for days to come.

Who will have the worst record at the conclusion of the season?

Anchorage

No love lost for the Alaskans huh?

Who will have the best?

Carolina

New guys gonna run wild huh?

Who wins the championship?

giphy.gif

I have no words. (other than to say I have no words)

Hawaii Nightmarchers / Hockey

What brought you to BDL and how long have you been here?

Good Morning Wes, I am the Current BizzBowl Champion and GM of the Hawaii Nightmarchers, Hockey5djh (Or Dave if you prefer)

Good question….no idea. If I were to speculate @jlash (played by Chris Farley in this story probably caught a glimpse of my awesomeness in the Eagles forum and I probably gave him the look (me played by Emanuelle Chiriqui in this story) and the rest was history. Just a guess though.

giphy.gif

^^@Jlash

giphy.gif

^^ Me

How long have I been here?

giphy.gif

Co GMed Orlando 2 years ago (and by Co I mean I ran Orlando and Footy popped in every once in awhile to tell me how awful I was doing) then took over Compton relocated them to Hawaii and won the BizzBowl last season.

You added Bryan Bulaga to your offensive line, where do you envision him fitting in this season?

I envision Bulaga fitting right into an already awesome, championship winning offensive line. He’ll fit into whatever open hole there is.....or force his way in, either way.

What would you say is your rosters' biggest weakness prior to the draft?

822ktkpTURBXy9iMTFmMDg0ZTMyZDg3NTZmZjc1O

Fresh off a BizzBowl Victory I don’t believe there are any weaknesses on this team but I will continue to add to the roster in an effort to start my dynasty. I’m kinda like 2001 Brady, nobody expected it but now I’m here.

Do you feel that your team has an undeniable strength?

Confidence….and alcohol tolerance. It gets me through the BDL a majority of the time.

giphy.gif

Draft day can get crazy, how psychotic are you feeling right now?

I’m feeling like Kevin Costner in Draft Day right now after I just traded away all my picks, Imma get them back though.

giphy.gif

PerfectCaringDaddylonglegs-max-1mb.gif

Do you intend to be a big player in free agency?

I didn’t intend to be last year and I ended up with Ziggy Ansah…ya never know. In hind sight I guess I shouldn’t have.

05qFr2T.gif

Who would you say your biggest rivals are this season?

Hawaii is still new to this racket so we don’t have many deep rivalries yet but I’m sure I’ll figure out how to ruffle some feathers by continuing to do things like shutting down @whicker’s stupid idea to cut the playoff teams, pushing @bcb’s 14 team vote to 12 teams, or forcing @MD4L to relocate his division.

tenor.gif

What team do you think will be drafting #1 overall next season?

Wes my man, why would you ask that question? Are you looking for motivation? I know its probably a cop out as you started with the worst team but I think Williamsport is picking first overall next year pending some SERIOUS upgrades in the draft and FA. On the positive you didn’t trade your first round pick for next year yet and fully understand that not every manager can go from worst to first in one season like I did. (working on that rivals thing)

Care to make a record prediction of your own team?

I expect nothing less than another Bizzbowl victory. That said even the Patriots let the Jets win the division in Brady year two, falling short of expectations due to injuries on the defense. I will learn from their mistake and make sure I build enough depth to sustain the injuries that may happen this season.

tenor.gif

Thank you.

New Orleans Jazz / WF Lukic

First and foremost how long have you been an owner in BDL?

I've been an owner for 3 and a half seasons now. I started taking over the Sacramento Gladiators from Jepg towards the end of the 2015 season and then re-branded as the Jazz and relocated to Louisiana. It was a team devoid of talent and any identity, failing to make the playoffs under Jepg since it's existence so turning it around into one of the BDL's powerhouses was fun. 

It honestly sounds like fun and you’ve done a great job with the roster I must say.

You seem to have made a living by taking advantage of less knowledgeable owners and acquiring high draft picks as a result; how do you pick your victims?

Haha, I'm actually not a fan of having these high draft picks given the salary and risk attached to them and my team has been built by good drafting, scramble picks up and free agency work. With that said I would agee with the first half of the statement - I'd like to think I'm knowledgeable and one of the best GMs in the league so I'm always going to exploit the lesser GMs. Out of the 3 high first rounders I have this year, Xmad was the only one I specifically targeted the season prior as that Portland team was awful and was guaranteed to be a top 3 pick. Mike giving him Mahomes for a below average BDL pass-rusher almost messed it up, but whatever. The trades with Dingo and Sir A are on them - Sir A was unlucky with Garoppolo's injury while Dingo's was just another of a myriad of terrible moves. 

I think it’s fair to say that any GM with good knowledge and experience, is going to take advantage of guys that aren’t as good at what they do. Those that say they would, are probably lying.

What do you plan do with all of those picks?

Probably taken Bosa and Allen, then see what happens with 1.4. I'm quite frustrated because I should have had 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4, which would've let me taken Williams too but MD4L deliberately losing a game to Xmad gave him a cheap win. I'm not enamored by the idea of having over $15,000 tied up in 3 unproven players. 

That kind of money being risked at what could really be a make or break point in your teams history, given the uncertainty of outcome with newly arrived GM’s and shifting of alignments, I can understand how that could be frustrating.

What would you say your weakest position is on your roster?

It's offensive tackle at the moment because I've only got some 2nd year players under contract in Noteboom and Mailata. In an ideal world it would be linebacker - it's definitely the least important position in football/the BDL excluding special teamers, closely followed by running back. 

It’s always good to be self-aware none the less of your weaknesses heading into a key point in the offseason though. Being able to accept a weakness allows you to move on in finding a solution to fixing it.

agree with you, it's totally wide receiver.

I'm actually quite strong at WR I think. Thomas is a top 5 receiver, Watkins is very good when healthy and Foster, St. Brown and Jones are a young trio that have some potential. I may also 3 up Tyler Lockett who's established himself as the best deep threat in the game.

I like the confidence. I respect that.

What do you think is your biggest strength? 

Yeah it's cornerback. It's the best cornerback trio that the BDL has ever seen and by far. There's legitimately 3 all-pros there. I was at a loss when I was losing some games with them all on the field because no passing attack would've had success, especially considering the pass-rush I had with JPP and Ford. 

I can’t really disagree with your sentiments on your CB depth.

I again agree, I feel very strongly that it is Cornerback.

Do you plan to be heavily active in Free Agency?

Yes - Louisiana is a desirable destination for free agents and part of the New Orleans ethos is building through free agency to acquire talent at a discounted rate and fill any holes that we've failed to address from the draft and our internal development. It isn't a great FA class but there's always some good deals available.

It seems most people like the possibility of bargain shopping.

Are you properly prepared for the draft?

I have a bunch of prospects I like, so I should be good up until about the 3rd round but I think I'll struggle a bit the later I go. I'd lean towards no, but I'll ramp up preparations as we get closer. 

Again, willing to admit weaknesses. I have a lot of respect for that approach to things.

How good will New Orleans be this season?

It's a retooling year now that Brady has moved on after the most successful 2 1/2 year period in the BDL but I think we can make the playoffs and compete for the title. Obviously it rests on Darnold's and Allen's shoulders to take the next step in their development. The team is as talented as any other outside of the QB position though.

It really doesn’t matter who is at QB, we have seen teams featuring Aaron Rodgers falter in the grand scheme of things due to injury in the past. It’s a risk, but I think history has also proven that an QB can succeed with a strong supporting cast.

What team will have the worst record?

I think Wichita and Williamsport are good candidates. Not much cap space for either and fairly uninspiring rosters with some grossly overpaid players.

I must admit, I find it interesting that Williamsport made your list. They have spent a lot of time reducing their cap costs while improving their overall roster flexibility. But they are new to the league so I don’t think its an unfair statement.

-------

Williamsport Soul Reavers / Wes Gabriel

How long have you been an owner in BDL?

I’ve been here for a few minutes I suppose; not long, seriously about a month.

Wow...so you’re literally the owner with the least tenure?

When you say it like that, you make it seem like a bad thing. This isn’t my first radio, I’m not afraid of competition.

What would you say your teams weakness is right now?

I think that’s open to opinion. Right now I’m confident in my starters across the board, I feel my biggest weakness might be overall depth.

You have seemed to sacrifice a lot of that in order to open up cap space.

Who do you feel the biggest competition will be for you this season?

There isn’t just one team. I’m new here, it’ll take time to learn everyone’s strengths and weaknesses as opponents. It’ll be a difficult first season.

Smart approach to a rookie season. Anticipate difficulty, hope for ease.

Are you prepared for the draft with it being very close right now?

Honestly, I scouted over 120 prospects, but no, I’m still not ready, there’s never enough time to scout all of the prospects. I’ll be ready enough though.

You did what??

Do you intend to be a big spender in free agency?

I opened up more than $40,000 in cap space, there are several very good players in free agency. What do you think?

Enough said.

You got rid of several very talented players the most significant of which was Lavonte David, do you have any regrets?

It’s always hard to move on from proven stars, but with the quality of the roster, I had to get drastic. I don’t have a single regret. Lavonte will be a big part of his new team and that’s okay with me. I made the decision to make a trade and they’re always risk/reward. This is no different from any other trade.

Standing by your decisions good or bad. Wise move.

If there is one thing you could say to the more seasoned owners, what would it be?

Please underestimate me. I dare you.

This season is going to be very interesting, I can feel it.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 6