BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

Rosen has a lot of learning to do but he wasn't the problem last year. We were decimated by injuries offensively, using 10 different O-line combinations. Our stupid Front Office also brought in 2 Vets (Bradford and Glennon) so honestly given the restricted practice snaps counts in place nowadays I'm even sure how many practice snaps Rosen saw! Once he finally saw the field he made some stupid throws yes (as expected for a rookie) but he also did some great stuff and had a good rapport going with Christian Kirk until we also lost Kirk for the season.

The coaching last season was also abysmal. We took some flack for getting rid of the HC after one year but the play calling on offence was so uninspiring it was quite frankly pathetic. We fired Mike McCoy and hired Byron Leftwich who quite frankly wasn't much better and also got his marching orders at the end of the year. A perfect example of this ineptitude is the following stat. 'The Cardinals ran David Johnson up the middle 156 times in 2018. To put things into perspective, Zeke was 2nd with 89 carries up the middle.' To put that in perspective we ran 902 offensive plays, that means that 17.3% of our total plays were Johnson runs up the middle or as a fraction more than 1/6 lol. Unsurprisingly we were last in the league in points, first downs per game and most other offensive categories.

To compound this our inept front office (which has clung onto its jobs despite a pathetic draft history and off field incidents that HAVE seen players lose their jobs) decided to play a stupid game of chicken in an attempt to trade out of the #1 slot. Instead of embracing the franchise's first #1 pick since 1958 and encouraging fans about the future of the team, they have created huge uncertainty INTENTIONALLY around what was supposed to be the future of our team. I feel reasonably confident that we will not take Kyler Murray on draft day and will go Nick Bosa but still seem to think some team will be stupid enough to trade a ransom to come and get Murray, which will not happen. All we have done is created a huge, stupid story and more pressure on a coach, who frankly shouldn't be coaching in the NFL, and a young QB who honestly has a reasonably bad rap that is mostly media driven (I mean what specifically can you remember Rosen doing / saying without using a media source to describe it?).

In summary, Rosen is actually still a good, young prospect...but he's going to be ruined by our stupid FA and coaching staff. Hopefully they will be gone by 2021 so we have a chance to reset, although then we probably will get offers and trade out of the #1 pick because we are dumb.

(Rant over, sorry)

You had time for this but where are the grades

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

You had time for this but where are the grades

1. there are lots of rounds and I am playing around with a potentially fun, slightly different format. I want to do all the teams though rather than just a few so everyone gets the fun not just a one owner at a time

2. the Masters - soooooo good

3. I'm English so need to make a cup of tea regularly which slows down point #1

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

1. there are lots of rounds and I am playing around with a potentially fun, slightly different format. I want to do all the teams though rather than just a few so everyone gets the fun not just a one owner at a time

You should just get a Tea IV put in

Montez Sweat
Greedy Williams
AJ Brown
Dexter Lawrence
Mack Wilson
Hakeem Butler
Tytus Howard
Amani Hooker
David Montgomery
Damien Harris
Kahale Warring
Jalen Hurd

I came into the draft knowing I liked this class more than all of you, and that people would be willing to move out altogether. I did not however expect to end up with 12 picks not including PFA. I'm very happy with the guys I got though. Drafted 3 WR's over 225 lbs somehow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Montez Sweat
Greedy Williams
AJ Brown
Dexter Lawrence
Mack Wilson
Hakeem Butler
Tytus Howard
Amani Hooker
David Montgomery
Damien Harris
Kahale Warring
Jalen Hurd

I came into the draft knowing I liked this class more than all of you, and that people would be willing to move out altogether. I did not however expect to end up with 12 picks not including PFA. I'm very happy with the guys I got though. Drafted 3 WR's over 225 lbs somehow.

They can put a body on everyone 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

The Masters have been great this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have 2 questions.

1. Are we still allowed to use 3 Downs?

2. If so, is anyone willing to work out some sort of swap to use a 3down they might not otherwise use, on Bud Dupree or Kiko Alonzo?

Yes until right before FA starts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have 2 questions.

1. Are we still allowed to use 3 Downs?

2. If so, is anyone willing to work out some sort of swap to use a 3down they might not otherwise use, on Bud Dupree or Kiko Alonzo?

Yes until the final day before FA (may 31st?)