BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Carolina - 1.11 Clelin Ferrell - 2.4 Christian Wilkins - 3.14 Taylor Rapp - 3.16 Johnathan Abram - 4.3 Jace Sternberger - 5.13 Kelvin Harmon - 5.14 Anthony Nelson - 6.4 Miles Sanders - 6.14 Yodny Cajuste - 7.13 Terrill Hanks - 7.15 Will Grier - PFA

Overall Grade B- - Carolina could basically sit back and just go BPA which they did on occasion.  Ferrell provides a solid 3rd edge rusher and Wilkins will be a great pairing with Clark for the future.  I loved the Nelson pick as a versatile DL.  They needed a safety with all three safeties on the roster on one year deals.  However, I didn't get taking both Abram and Rapp who are both better in the box and shouldn't play deep.  Jace is a nice TE that they can hold onto while they see if either Jonnu or Gesicki develop.  Harmon seemed like a luxury pick as WR is not a need at all.  Sanders was a great pick and should be a very nice #2 for Kamara.  Backup OT is a need in case a starter goes down, but I don't know if Yodny helps fix that.  They needed another LB and Hanks looked good on tape, but his 40 time is very concerning.  He does play faster than that though.  I didn't get the move up for Grier as he could have been gotten in the shark tank.  And they have Rivers and Mayfield.

Areas Addressed - DE, DT, S, backup TE, WR depth, DT depth, backup RB, backup OT, LB depth, 3rd QB

Areas of Concern - TE - Will any of their young guys step up?  OL Depth - While the starters are great, if one goes down, they could be in trouble.  DT Depth - Clark is a stud and I like Wilkins a lot, but Suh waited until the playoffs to show up and they have little else.  LB - Wagner is awesome, but who else do they have?

Overall - Another stacked team, there were not a lot of holes to fill.  They had some very nice picks, but a few that left me scratching my head as I thought better value/need options were available.  That said, they did attempt to address needs and generally got solid value.  Getting another PFA should help them address further concerns.  

Rags, I applaud your effort to dig inside my team and give your thoughs. Now let me walk you through some things that you have incorrect or missed. First off, I was not here last year as you already know. But after reading through the forums and asking questions about my roster when I took it over from the former owner. Did he not have to make a in season trade for a Safety because of a injury? Correct, he did. Did he have to over pay for this player? Correct, he did. Why my double dip at safety? 1st the value was too good to pass and 2nd it was a need not on one of the Safeties but both. Abram is going to be one those types that with given a chance he will prove that he can play either spot at the position. Now to the Harmon pick, you call it Luxury pick. I call it a replacement pick because if Sterling Shepard lights it up this year in NYG. There is NO way we are keeping him at his price. (so get ready at the trade deadline folks) Now to the biggest and funniest part of it all. My OLine, you stated that if one starters goes down my depth was a concern. Really? My OLine depth is better than most of the other teams starters. My weakest spot on the team is my LB depth, this was a crappy year for LB's. Again I do applaud your effort but I wont agree with some areas of it. Even the "Grade" is off but I will give you a like for trying. ;)

7 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

because if Sterling Shepard lights it up this year in NYG. There is NO way we are keeping him at his price. (so get ready at the trade deadline folks)

If he lights it up isn't that more reason to pay him?

1.5 -  12:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss
1.7  - 2:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
2.9  - 4:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Andre Dillard LT, Washington State
4.7  - 2:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
5.5 -  12:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Andy Isabella WR, Massachusetts
5.12  - 7:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
6.3  - 10:00am - Wichita Woodpeckers - D'Andre Walker, Edge, Georgia
6.7  - 2:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - LJ Collier, EDGE, TCU
6.9  - 4:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Connor McGovern, OG/OC, Penn State
6.12  - 7:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois
7.3  - 10:00am - Wichita Woodpeckers - Oshane Ximines, Edge, Old Dominion
7.5 -  12:00pm -  Wichita Woodpeckers - Emmanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

Gained New Orleans: 2020 5th

No picks lost. No players gained until after draft with the 2020 4/5 swap with Patrick Chung

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PR said:

1.5 -  12:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss
1.7  - 2:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
2.9  - 4:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Andre Dillard LT, Washington State
4.7  - 2:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
5.5 -  12:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Andy Isabella WR, Massachusetts
5.12  - 7:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
6.3  - 10:00am - Wichita Woodpeckers - D'Andre Walker, Edge, Georgia
6.7  - 2:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - LJ Collier, EDGE, TCU
6.9  - 4:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Connor McGovern, OG/OC, Penn State
6.12  - 7:00pm - Wichita Woodpeckers - Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois
7.3  - 10:00am - Wichita Woodpeckers - Oshane Ximines, Edge, Old Dominion
7.5 -  12:00pm -  Wichita Woodpeckers - Emmanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

Gained New Orleans: 2020 5th

No picks lost. No players gained until after draft with the 2020 4/5 swap with Patrick Chung

My least favorite pick is Metcalf...i feel strongly he isnt gonna live up to the hype, but value is still an A.

My favorite pick is Oshane Ximines. I feel he is a sleeper in the draft