BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Tf?

I have 4 ILBs, 7 OLBs NOT including Dupree

Over the duration that’s not much bc injuries are real. My only precaution is trading for another’s trash resulted in one more guy you’ll be eager to cut. 

Just now, Counselor said:

What I thought. Just soap boxing to soap box. Been there.

We had a nice group discussion, some opinions out in the air, and no one is personally offended. Can’t ask for much more.

Hungary - 1.5 DK Metcalf - 1.7 TJ Hockenson - 2.9 Andre Dillard - 4.7 Amani Oruwariye - 5.5 Andy Isabella - 5.12 Darrell Henderson - 6.3 D'Andre Walker - 6.7 LJ Collier - 6.9 Connor McGovern - 6.12 Khalen Saunders - 7.3 Oshane Ximines - 7.5 Emanuel Hall - NO 2020 5th

Overall Grade - B+ - Hungary's main goal was to surround Goff with weapons and they did a good job of that.  Metcalf has a lot of developing to do, but he has elite potential.  Hockenson is a perfect replacement for Olsen.  Isabella and Hall are two talented prospects with speed.  I loved the Henderson pick as a pass catching 3rd down back was a huge need.  This team is hugely different with a RB that actually does something on 3rd down.  Wichita's second biggest goal was to infuse their edge rush with youth, and once again, they got talented players by taking Walker, Collier, and Ximines.  And all three could very well be solid rotational guys at the worst.  Dillard and McGovern have all the potential to be the LT and OG of the future, so well done there.  Amani and Khalen were both nice value players at positions that needed help.  Khalen in particular was a fantastic choice.  

Areas Addressed - WR, TE, LT, backup OG, CB depth, WR depth, 3rd down RB, Edge, DT depth

Areas of concern - DT depth - Yes, they have Robinson and Allen, but if Suanders needs a year, they have zero depth.  LB - One are they did not address, they have nothing aside from Luke.  WR - If none of their rookies don't step up soon, they'll remain stagnant on offense.  Edge - Graham is great, Key could be good, but they are relying on 3 rookies to reinvigorate their pass rush.  It might take a year.  

Overall - I actually really liked this draft.  Hungary tried to build around Goff while adding a pass rush.  They might not be all the way there, but this looks like a team that will be better than last year.  I just don't know if they are talented/experienced enough at LB, Edge, or WR to make an impact this year.

• Like 4

1.1 DE Nick Bosa 

1.3 DE Josh Allen

1.15 OT Jawaan Taylor

2.5 DT Jeffery Simmons 

2.8 OT Jonah Williams

3.2  WR Parris Campbell

3.10 DT Dre'Mont Jones 

3.13 S Darnell Savage 

4.1 WR Deebo Samuel

4.2 QB Drew Lock 

4.6 DE Chase Winovich

Trade: OG Kevin Zeitler

Edited by WFLukic

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

1.1 DE Nick Bosa 

1.3 DE Josh Allen

1.15 OT Jawaan Taylor

2.5 DT Jeffery Simmons 

2.8 OT Jonah Williams

3.2  WR Parris Campbell

3.10 DT Dre'Mont Jones 

3.13 S Darnell Savage 

4.1 WR Deebo Samuel

4.2 QB Drew Lock 

4.6 DE Chase Winovich

Trade: OG Kevin Zeitler

Any picks gained or lost for next year?

15 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

Rags, I applaud your effort to dig inside my team and give your thoughs. Now let me walk you through some things that you have incorrect or missed. First off, I was not here last year as you already know. But after reading through the forums and asking questions about my roster when I took it over from the former owner. Did he not have to make a in season trade for a Safety because of a injury? Correct, he did. Did he have to over pay for this player? Correct, he did. Why my double dip at safety? 1st the value was too good to pass and 2nd it was a need not on one of the Safeties but both. Abram is going to be one those types that with given a chance he will prove that he can play either spot at the position. Now to the Harmon pick, you call it Luxury pick. I call it a replacement pick because if Sterling Shepard lights it up this year in NYG. There is NO way we are keeping him at his price. (so get ready at the trade deadline folks) Now to the biggest and funniest part of it all. My OLine, you stated that if one starters goes down my depth was a concern. Really? My OLine depth is better than most of the other teams starters. My weakest spot on the team is my LB depth, this was a crappy year for LB's. Again I do applaud your effort but I wont agree with some areas of it. Even the "Grade" is off but I will give you a like for trying. ;)

First, don't care about the last owner.  Second, yeah, so I strongly disagree that Abram can play either spot.  He and Rapp are box players.  Nothing wrong with that type of player, but let's not pretend Abram is something he isn't.  Even if Shepard isn't kept, you still have two top tier WRs, and I think the pick would have been better spent elsewhere.  Now to your funniest defense.  If Lewan or Lane gets hurts at OT, you have jack crap behind them.  At OG you have Nelson and Corbert/Ragnow, so you have one depth player there.  But Lamp and Williams are street trash, so are unreliable.  Martin is okay, but Pouncey is basically useless because he has been hurt for years.  I owned Pouncey for every year in BDL before this one.  He is done.  Ragnow or Corbert are the only functional backup you have and that's just that.  You could survive a single OG injury.  That is not depth.  

You don't have to agree.  I'm okay with that.  But I am right.  

• Like 1