BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Anchorage - 1.6 Ed Oliver - 1.8 Dwayne Haskins - 2.10 Garrett Bradbury - 2.12 Noah Fant - 3.3 N'Keal Harry - 3.4 Dalton Risner - 3.11 Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - 3.15 Justin Layne - 5.9 Julian Love - 5.10 Christian Miller - 5.11 Sean Bunting - 7.4 Joe Jackson - 7.9 Dru Samia - 7.11 Ben Kurr-Kirven - 7.12 Dawson Knox - 2020 2nd - 2020 4th - 2020 5th - 2020 7th - 2020 1st Lost Taven Bryan, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd - Lost Mike Williams, Bradley McDougald, Isaiah Crowell

Overall Grade - A - Oliver was a great first pick as ANC needed a pass rushing presence on the inside.  I personally like the Haskins choice as they can sit him behind Cousins to take over in a year or two and Haskins is the best QB prospect in the draft imo.  They also got one of the top C prospects who should start from day one as they had no one at the position.  Fant is a great compliment to Kittle as a flex-TE.  I'm not as high on Harry as some others, but he could turn into a Mike Williams-type WR in the near future.  I loved the Risner pick(we were strongly considering him with our next pick) as he is a tough, versatile OL who provides depth right away.  CGJ is a versatile piece capable of playing slot or safety so it'll be interesting to see where he is played IRL.  I also love the Layne pick as we would have chosen him if not for Rock.  Love was an even better pick for the value as he should be a very good slot CB for a long time.  Miller I didn't love as much, but they need someone proven on the edge, so the flier here is okay.  Bunting I honestly didn't look at very deeply during the draft, but after looking at him more, this seems like a solid choice.  I like Joe Jackson as a 4-3 DE that they can stash for a year or two while he develops.  Samia was a great value pick as I liked every prospect from that OK OL, it was a great unit.  BKK was a solid choice, but I don't know if he ever turns into more than a RL special teams player.  Knox was a very nice high upside choice and he did hit on Kittle two years ago.  I included the Mike Williams trade because it happened right after the draft and that trade would bump this grade from an A- to an A for me.  Getting a 1st rounder for RL #2 is a great move and helps recoup some of the lost capital.

Areas Addressed - DT, QB, C, TE x2, Edge x2, LB, OG x2, S, CB x3

Areas of Concern - WR - Kupp is coming off injury and they will need Harry, Boyd, or Taylor to step up very quickly.  OL Depth - They added some players I really like, but they need to grow up or an injury could derail their season.  And can they really rely on George Fant? - LB - This is the biggest weakness on this roster as they might not have a real difference maker on the roster.  #1 CB - They added a ton of bodies to the secondary, but who is their lockdown guy?

Overall - Anchorage came into the draft with plenty of capital and made the most of it, wheeling and dealing throughout the draft.  They filled holes with talent, added youth and depth, and set themselves up nicely for next season with plenty of draft capital.  They do have a few areas to address in FA, specifically WR and LB, but this team is set for success quickly.  However, this season they can only go as far as Cousins takes them.  It might take two season for Haskins to become a legit BDL QB, but if he does, they should be a BizzBowl favorite.  A deep playoff push this year is not out of the question.  

• Like 3

Camden - 1.9 Montez Sweat - 1.13 Greedy Williams - 2.3 AJ Brown - 2.13 Dexter Lawrence - 3.12 Mack Wilson - 4.4 Hakeem Butler - 4.14 Tytus Howard - 5.4 Amani Hooker - 5.6 David Montgomery - 5.16 Damien Harris - 6.13 Kahale Warring - 7.6 Jalen Hurd - Lost 2020 1,2,3

Overall Grade - B - I am a big fan of Camden's 1st four picks.  Sweat has all the athletic ability to be a perennial double digit sack guy.  Greedy was my #3 CB, but he should excel in a press man system.  AJ Brown was the 2nd best route runner in the draft, has a great catch radius, and can play slot or outside.  Lawrence was one of my favorite players in the draft and will at worst be a top tier run stuffer.  I'm not as high on Wilson as some others, but I'm interested to see how he is used in the NFL.  Butler is another big body WR that can win contested balls on the outside.  Tytus is that small school OT who will become a franchise LT is coached properly.  Hooker is a guy I think we will all look back at and wonder how he fell so far as he is extremely versatile.  Montgomery and Harris are two great value RBs that will compliment Sony nicely.  Warring is a late round flier on an athletic TE.  I'm not a Hurd fan as I think he is soft, but that may be UT bias.  I had to ding this grade from an A- to a B due to losing their top three picks next year.

Areas Addressed - DE, CB, WR x3, DT, LB, OT, DB, RB x2, TE

Areas of Concern - QB - How far Candem goes will be determines by how much Jackson develops as a passer - C Depth - Roullier has turned into a fine C, but if he goes down, they have a problem.  Edge Depth - Their top two guys are great, but they need a 3rd guy to step up to keep them fresh. DT Depth - Even if they re-sign Grady, they need Dexter or Phillips to be ready this year or their top two guys will get gassed.  LB - Who is going to start next to Leonard? 

Overall - Camden did a great job adding value players at positions of need.  I absolutely loved them drafting in two big WRs to help Jackson along.  This offense is set up to support Jackson how I think helps him the most(if only the Ravens could do this).  Their defense is top-to-bottom as good as any in BDL, but there are a couple spots where injuries could derail them.  However, this year will come down to if Jackson becomes a true threat in the passing game.  if he doesn't, they don't have the draft capital next year to address QB.  

• Like 4

Singapore - 3.1 Erik McCoy - 4.5 Zach Allen - 4.9 Lonnie Johnson Jr. - 4.10 Isaiah Johnson - 4.13 Michael Deiter - 6.2 Riley Ridley - 6.11 Ben Banogu - 6.16 Chuma Edoga - 7.1 Nate Davis - 2 PFA picks - Lost 2020 2nd

Overall Grade - B - Not picking until 33, Singapore got a starting OL who can play anywhere on the interior.  I love Zach Allen, but my major concern is a team playing him in the wrong spot.  I really liked them addressing outside CB, a huge need, with two big, tall CBs.  Deiter was another great, versatile OL pick as I think he is being underrated compared to some other guys.  I cried a bit when Singapore took Ridley as he was my #3 route runner in this class despite not being the most athletic WR.  I'm not the biggest Banogu fan as I think he has hit his potential, but he should be a solid rotational pass rusher.  Edoga is another good value OL pick who may become a franchise LT.  Nate Davis was probably my favorite pick of their draft as we were eyeing him at 7.2.  He is gonna be good.

Areas Addressed - OL x4, DL, CB x2, WR, Edge

Areas of Concern - RB Depth - Until Hunt comes back, Connor is going to have to carry a lot unless Elijah becomes something.  OL Depth - I mention this only because they could be relying on rookie OL real quick if someone gets hurt.  TE Depth - Ebron was a revelation last year, but they have no one else to rely on.  Edge - Everson has his issues, so who will get pressure aside from Danielle? - DT Depth - Who is going to keep Snacks and Donald from having to play every snap? - CB - The Johnsons could fix this, but probably not this year, and they don't have a lot of other trustworthy guys.

Overall - I do like that Singapore came in with the idea of drafting OL and protecting Rodgers, but they did so at the expense of addressing some other areas of need by drafting four OL.  Rodgers should take them to the playoffs, but an injury or two at key positions could knock them out early.  That said, this team may look at a deeper push the year after once some of these guys develop a bit.  Having 4 PFA choices will really help that.  

• Like 3

On 4/14/2019 at 6:58 AM, Taylor091 said:

Berlin

1st Rnd / Pick 2 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select *Quinnen Williams - DT - Alabama                                               

1st Rnd / Pick 12 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select *Byron Murphy - CB - Washington                                                       

2nd Rnd / Pick 2 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select DeAndre Baker - CB - Georgia                                                      

2nd Rnd / Pick 6 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select *Marquise Brown - WR - Oklahoma                                                      

2nd Rnd / Pick 16 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select *Irv Smith Jr. - TE - Alabama                                                      

3rd Rnd / Pick 5 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select Juan Thornhill - SS - Virginia                                                

3rd Rnd / Pick 9 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select Rock Ya-Sin - CB - Temple                                                    

6th Rnd / Pick 1 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select Blake Cashman - OLB - Minnesota                                                

7th Rnd / Pick 2 - Berlin Blitzkrieg select Trey Pipkins - OT - Sioux Falls                           

Gains: DT Taven Bryan ; DT Leonard Williams ; 2020 4th(ANC)

Lost: LB Kiko Alonso ; 2020 4th; 2020 4th(ANC)

Summary:

Berlin signalled their intent this season early in trading for Tom Brady and that aggressiveness to improve quickly has carried into the draft. The interior of the defense is now set long term with the 'Williams Wall'. Defense was clearly the focus coming into the draft and it is unsurprising that 4 DBs were selected. It was also an astute move of Rags to let Tyreek Hill go for pick 1.8 (avoiding that 17k/yr cap hit) and picking up Marquise Brown at 2.6. It is unrealistic to expect Brown to be a like-for-like replacement but the offense keeps its speed threat while freeing up approximately $14.5k less per year.

Favourite Pick: Quinnen Williams (1.2) – Murphy and Brown came close but any time you pick up the best player in the draft it is my favourite pick.

Least Liked Pick: Rock Ya-Sin (3.9) – DB was a need coming into the draft so I don’t disagree with focussing on the position but Ya-Sin is such a similar type of player to the previous 2 CBs this pick feels a little redundant.

Grade:

giphy.gif

I basically agree.  With both B Williams and Daniels hitting FA next year, I needed to rebuild my DL.  Hand, Leonard, Quinnen, and Taven should set me up for a few years.  DB was a huge need with Darby and Bouye moving on, but I do disagree with Rock being like Byron and Baker.  I think they can play multiple schemes both inside and out, while Rock is a bit more of an outside CB for me.  Thornhill was my top safety in the class and should pair very nicely with Kazee.  Marquise was the one player I probably keyed on more than any other as he gives me that shifty, elite speed threat and he was my top route runner in the class.  

Appreciate the feedback though.  

Carolina Intimidators Trade Block

WR- Chad Williams -  player swap/2020 late pick

WR- Josh Reynolds -  player swap/2020 late pick

C- Mike Pouncey -  2020 pick

RG- Forrest Lamp 2020 pick

Edge- Tanoh Kpassagnon -  player swap/2020 late pick

EDGE- Carl Lawson 2020 pick

LB- Jeremy Cash -  player swap/2020 late pick

CB- David Amerson -  player swap/2020 late pick

S- Barry Church -  player swap/2020 late pick

6 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

u didnt do me.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Post up your draft choices and the picks you added and lost for 2020.

Actually, I have all your draft choices.  Just need the picks you added and lost for 2020.  

Louisiana - 1.1 Nick Bosa - 1.3 Josh Allen - 1.15 Jawaan Taylor - 2.5 Jeffery Simmons - 2.8 Jonah Williams - 3.2 Parris Campbell - 3.10 Dre'Mont Jones - 3.13 Darnell Savage - 4.1 Deebo Samuel - 4.2 Drew Lock - 4.6 Chase Winovich - Lost 2020 6th

Overall Grade - A- - The main goal for LOU in this draft was to rebuild their front 7 which they accomplished.  Bosa has all the tools to be a great pass rusher like his brother.  J Allen gives them a versatile piece who can play the run, rush the passer, and even drop into coverage.  Winovich was a nice value as he is more athletic than previously thought and provides depth.  Simmons might need time to heal, but I love him.  Dre'Mont is underrated imo and should provide inside pass rush quickly.  OT was another huge need and I do think Jonah can play OT, but the concern is that the NFL team that drafts him may start him out at OG.  However, I love Jawaan and he can play either spot.  Campbell and Deebo will give the LOU QB speed elements which they needed to open things up for Thomas and Ertz.  They make the offense much more explosive.  Safety was another big need and Savage has flown up draft boards as a versatile playmaker on the back end.  With two second year QBs, Lock was a luxury pick.  However, if LOU hits on these QBs, they can move one or two for a hefty return.

Areas Addressed - Edge x2, LB/Edge, DT x2, OT x2, WR x2, S, QB

Areas of Concern - QB - Which QB becomes that top tier BDL guy?  Backup RB - Can Hines carry the load if Zeke gets hurt?  WR Depth - Watkins is what he is, so how quickly can these young WRs contribute?  OT - If Jonah plays OG IRL, they only have Jawaan and will have to sell Jonah at one OT spot.  Edge Depth - They will be relying on rookies to make an impact quickly to get any pass rush.  DT - They have Sheldon, but with Simmons being hurt to start the year, they need Dre'Mont to step up quick.  S - Hyde is still very good, but Savage needs to make an impact this year.

Overall - Louisiana came into this draft with a lot of high end draft capital and they knew where they needed to target.  They acquired a number of good value players at impact positions.  However, most of these guys will need a year or two to really pay off.  That is fine with LOU as they are still building around their 3 young QBs and can wait a year for that strong playoff push.  

Edited by Ragnarok
  • Like 1