BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

57 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm not sure we are speaking the same language right now tbh 

Just proving the point that just because you can be difficult doesnt mean its necessary (that was the censored version of my point)

Edited by wwhickok

16 hours ago, Ragnarok said:
16 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

@Ragnarok Help me understand your issue with the 75%? While yes, its a steep discount to the IRL contract of many top players we also overpay for depth players in the league as we only have half the teams of an NFL squad.

How often to guys actually take a hometown discount?  It's really rare.  I think that 85% was more than fair for the owners as we do have higher priced guys because of the rosters are condensed.  Dropping it even more comes across as self-serving on our end.  

That said, I could have expressed my thoughts on the matter in a more productive manner last night.  So that's my bad.  

Is your concern really because we upped the cap space amount and lowered the 3D percentage in the same offseason and now you're like scrooge mcduck and don't know what to do with all your gold coins?

Again I really think that the 3D is just a way for the BDL to counteract the fact that while we mimic the NFL salary cap even though our league is half the size. IRL people don't take "hometown discounts" as much but IRL teams also don't have to pay for all stars at every position like we do in the BDL.

I mean, My Gawd, there's been so many issues this year with 3Ups.  We should definitely let the guy who changed the rules last year to his benefit overhaul the system this year.  I'm sure it will be just and unbiased this time.

• Like 2