BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

12 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Thanks,

So we're looking at March at best for the owner's meeting, pending on TCMD if some of you are in it

Appreciate you thinking of tcmd when considering a time frame for this meeting, we run a pretty structured scheduled so I don't see anything that would keep the guys here from being 100% involved with this meeting.

Someone give me the cliff notes for events over the past 2 weeks and 50 pages.

From what I gathered:

1. I got tagged and voted yes on a meeting

2. Some (potentially overpaid?) trade happened on a guard - i got two, come at me

3. Mike is quitting?

4. New committee members

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@ny92mike  @BringinDaPain

You should work out how you want to transition. Just let us know when BDP is to be considered the acting Orlando owner so he can approve Orlando trades etc.

Mike, can't stress enough how glad I was to have you on board, as a co-owner and as a fellow owner. Your old Seoul co-owner seat is still open if you miss us

BDP, welcome again. Don't hesitate if you have any question on anything, we're all here to help

We spoke a little today, and had planned to meet again this evening, but I may of scheduled our meeting too late, he's old and crusty and is in bed by 10.

I think this group will be pleased with @BringinDaPain, he's a longtime member of the forum and has always been on board to help me out with tcmd.  Great integrity and a team player.

Glad he joined because I was stressing it a little leaving you guys short an owner.  

The plan for me was to remain the owner for the duration of the off season, with BDP providing his input on each transaction.  He'll have a huge say in how we decide each move in the draft and free agency with him officially taking the title of Owner after I feel he's got a solid handle of the daily operations of bdl.  If everything goes as planned, I'll be around to assist him in the first couple weeks of the season and after that will only be around if he needs me.

I'd love to stick around if the season schedule was shorter, and may join a team in the future as co-owner if the schedule ever decreases, but for now I'm going to focus on helping BDP get acclimated to bdl and focus on tcmd.

If you guys decide to use the workbook for the shark tank get with me this summer at least a couple weeks before the start date, so that we can get everything ironed out.

Appreciate you allowing me to join and had a great time being part of this sim, not only with managing my team but helping create the new workbooks.  Speaking of, I need to transfer ownership of it to one of you guys, just let me know who wants that responsibility and either grant me editing rights or give me editing rights when or if you need formula help.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We spoke a little today, and had planned to meet again this evening, but I may of scheduled our meeting too late, he's old and crusty and is in bed by 10.

I think this group will be pleased with @BringinDaPain, he's a longtime member of the forum and has always been on board to help me out with tcmd.  Great integrity and a team player.

Glad he joined because I was stressing it a little leaving you guys short an owner.  

The plan for me was to remain the owner for the duration of the off season, with BDP providing his input on each transaction.  He'll have a huge say in how we decide each move in the draft and free agency with him officially taking the title of Owner after I feel he's got a solid handle of the daily operations of bdl.  If everything goes as planned, I'll be around to assist him in the first couple weeks of the season and after that will only be around if he needs me.

I'd love to stick around if the season schedule was shorter, and may join a team in the future as co-owner if the schedule ever decreases, but for now I'm going to focus on helping BDP get acclimated to bdl and focus on tcmd.

If you guys decide to use the workbook for the shark tank get with me this summer at least a couple weeks before the start date, so that we can get everything ironed out.

Appreciate you allowing me to join and had a great time being part of this sim, not only with managing my team but helping create the new workbooks.  Speaking of, I need to transfer ownership of it to one of you guys, just let me know who wants that responsibility and either grant me editing rights or give me editing rights when or if you need formula help.

You the man 

• Like 1