BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Actually it looks like the form increments is wrong...sorry.

Bidding Price Ranges

• For Contracts in the $350-$1,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $25.

• For Contracts in the $1,001-$2,500 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $50.

• For Contracts in the $2,501-$5,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $100.

• For Contracts in the $5,001-$10,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $250.

Is anything increment change above 10k range?

Just now, Whicker said:
  • For Contracts in the $350-$1,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $25.

• For Contracts in the $1,001-$2,500 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $50.

• For Contracts in the $2,501-$5,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $100.

• For Contracts in the $5,001-$10,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $250.

I honestly don't know the rules 1000%, but I don't see where it should go up to $1000 per bid. If anything I'd argue it should remain $250 based on the above

Right was just looking at that too.

Does the reg FA rules change from this...just trying to figure out how I bumped it up to 1000 dollar jumps.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Right was just looking at that too.

Does the reg FA rules change from this...just trying to figure out how I bumped it up to 1000 dollar jumps.

Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years. 
Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary
To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500
To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.

For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.

For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000

Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

For every extra year added you must add at least 85% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. 

For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

Perhaps you got it from the "For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000"

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years. 
Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary
To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500
To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.

For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.

For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000

Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

For every extra year added you must add at least 85% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. 

For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

Perhaps you got it from the "For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000"

I think you're right...when I was building this, it was originally being designed for this event and not the shark tank.

If we can get a ruling on the min bid offer for over 10k in the tank I can correct the form.

Edited by ny92mike

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I'd vote just to make it for any contracts over $10,000, offer needs to be beaten by $500. That way we have no change in the current bidding.

This would be a simple fix as no change would be required of the form.  I'd still need to make a quick change to the wb, but I'd need to change this regardless, just don't wanna change anything just yet until we figure what the rule change will be.

27 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I honestly don't know the rules 1000%, but I don't see where it should go up to $1000 per bid. If anything I'd argue it should remain $250 based on the above

I agree with you. I'll try to load more fixed bids in the form within a couple of hours

Edited by TedLavie

22 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Is this something that requires a vote?

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'd vote just to make it for any contracts over $10,000, offer needs to be beaten by $500. That way we have no change in the current bidding.

Who's on the Ryan bidding?

Cause if those bidders all agree on this, I see no reason to object and we can make a quick ruling. What do you think @bcb1213 @SirA1

I'm seeing plenty of ways to improve this next season by getting rid of the ticky tack $25 bids and making the floor for vets/rookies higher to start.

Also the 24 hrs will help as well. But that's a topic for an Owners meeting.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Cause if those bidders all agree on this, I see no reason to object and we can make a quick ruling. What do you think @bcb1213 @SirA1

I'm fine with this. We have never had this many QB's in the tank before so most of the time you won't see this.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

If we can sort this out, it's an easy fix.  

Just need to know what the amounts to outbid someone is gonna be past 10k.  If it's 500, it's been updated.  If it remains 250, then I need to make a quick change.

If you take a look in the League Information sheet Ted, cell range B22:C26.  This is the reference for displaying the next bid amount based on the previous bid.