BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Understand why some want to beef up their game plans with more detail but too much wordage tends to muddy what you are trying to convey.  When does it become too much?  When the reader decides to stop reading it.   

The issue is, you're penalized for not being specific and then when you get specific, you get penalized cuz no one reads it.

I lost last week because I'm the new guy. 15-0 no way around it, no other explanation, only other shut outs were on sides game plans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You can't write 4 pages of information and then get offended when the reader is bored with it. 

I needed to quickly run a SQL command to update a single row in an Oracle DB table at work. To my horror, it came back with “–2,378,231 rows affected.

Horror can be short and simple, detailed stories need length and detail. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

The issue is, you're penalized for not being specific and then when you get specific, you get penalized cuz no one reads it.

I lost last week because I'm the new guy. 15-0 no way around it, no other explanation, only other shut outs were on sides game plans.

No offense man, but Williamsport lost because they faced a better opponent that week.  Mahomes and McCaffrey both had exceptional games that week.  It happens.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how well you write up a plan of attack, the lineup trumps a lot of the times.

You've got 15+ voting on 16 games, and not everyone is looking at the same things.  I felt Singapore last week got dinged for a few things that I didn't agree with it happens.   

Personally, I'd love to see some structure with the game planning.

9 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I needed to quickly run a SQL command to update a single row in an Oracle DB table at work. To my horror, it came back with “–2,378,231 rows affected.

Horror can be short and simple, detailed stories need length and detail. 

I stopped reading this when I got to Oracle...haha

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It’s the opposite dude. You lost because we don’t treat you differently. I literally spent an hour on EACH matchup with my vote. Why should I do that if you think my vote is predetermined based on bias? Do you realize you are discouraging the very thing you are advocating?