BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

I'm working on this sim of mine and I'm liking the data I'm seeing currently, well at least the first and third week, was sick last week and wasn't able to record the numbers.

Anyway, I could use some help, you don't really need to do anything but I'm looking to use your rosters just to see what the results of this sim would look like.  If you wanna see the results cool, if you'd rather not that's fine too.  

Basically just letting you guys know this is what I'm doing.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I'm working on this sim of mine and I'm liking the data I'm seeing currently, well at least the first and third week, was sick last week and wasn't able to record the numbers.

Anyway, I could use some help, you don't really need to do anything but I'm looking to use your rosters just to see what the results of this sim would look like.  If you wanna see the results cool, if you'd rather not that's fine too.  

I have personally seen the results of this sim and I will say I’m extremely impressed with it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I have personally seen the results of this sim and I will say I’m extremely impressed with it

Thanks....Now I know that you guys aren't gonna want to adjust offense and defense sliders and I get that.  This is also for my tcmd sim so please don't think I'm pushing another workbook on you guys.  Basically just saying if you'd like to assist in helping me test it out by reviewing the results either publicly or privately as I don't want this information altering any bdl matchup votes.  This is just for tcmd, so those interested and willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks....Now I know that you guys aren't gonna want to adjust offense and defense sliders and I get that.  This is also for my tcmd sim so please don't think I'm pushing another workbook on you guys.  Basically just saying if you'd like to assist in helping me test it out by reviewing the results either publicly or privately as I don't want this information altering any bdl matchup votes.  This is just for tcmd, so those interested and willing to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what this really is tbh but I'll help out for sure

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Not sure what this really is tbh but I'll help out for sure

It's part of the Keeper League you joined a while back.  Just wanna test this system out one last time, to see if I can't find any more kinks within the system.  It'll be a few days before I have it set up.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

It's part of the Keeper League you joined a while back.  Just wanna test this system out one last time, to see if I can't find any more kinks within the system.  It'll be a few days before I have it set up.

I meant the system and sim parts

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I meant the system and sim parts

Ohhh...lol

So the skinny on the system is it's stat based.  It uses current stats to determine scores.  

Now this isn't a projection of games that haven't been played, it's just converting stats to scores basically.  Week one, what was it @Whicker 70+% can't remember the exact number that it picked the winner, but week 3 it nailed a 93.8% accuracy rate, missing one game NO vs SEA.

Here are the results if you're interested.

IRL Scoring Simulated Score
Away Score Home Score Winner Proj. Score Proj. Score Proj. Winner
TennesseeTitans 7 JacksonvilleJaguars 20 JacksonvilleJaguars 17 19 JacksonvilleJaguars
NewYorkJets 14 NewEnglandPatriots 30 NewEnglandPatriots 7 29 NewEnglandPatriots
BaltimoreRavens 28 KansasCityChiefs 33 KansasCityChiefs 26 27 KansasCityChiefs
DenverBroncos 16 GreenBayPackers 27 GreenBayPackers 19 24 GreenBayPackers
CincinnatiBengals 17 BuffaloBills 21 BuffaloBills 21 27 BuffaloBills
MiamiDolphins 6 DallasCowboys 31 DallasCowboys 21 28 DallasCowboys
AtlantaFalcons 24 IndianapolisColts 27 IndianapolisColts 16 23 IndianapolisColts
DetroitLions 27 PhiladelphiaEagles 24 DetroitLions 26 16 DetroitLions
OaklandRaiders 14 MinnesotaVikings 34 MinnesotaVikings 17 28 MinnesotaVikings
NewYorkGiants 32 TampaBayBuccaneers 31 NewYorkGiants 23 21 NewYorkGiants
CarolinaPanthers 38 ArizonaCardinals 20 CarolinaPanthers 23 21 CarolinaPanthers
PittsburghSteelers 20 SanFrancisco49ers 24 SanFrancisco49ers 7 34 SanFrancisco49ers
NewOrleansSaints 33 SeattleSeahawks 27 NewOrleansSaints 19 27 SeattleSeahawks
HoustonTexans 27 LosAngelesChargers 20 HoustonTexans 29 23 HoustonTexans
LosAngelesRams 20 ClevelandBrowns 13 LosAngelesRams 25 17 LosAngelesRams
ChicagoBears 31 WashingtonRedskins 15 ChicagoBears 28 24 ChicagoBears

Edited by ny92mike

Just now, ny92mike said:

Ohhh...lol

So the skinny on the system is it's stat based.  It uses current stats to determine scores.  

Now this isn't a projection of games that haven't been played, it's just converting stats to scores basically.  Week one, what was it @Whicker 70+% can't remember the exact number that it picked the winner, but week 3 it nailed a 93.8% accuracy rate, missing one game NO vs SEA.

Yeah 75% week 1 and all but one game in week 3

23 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

To add; so the end result is it's converting offense and defense from each team into a letter grade to generate a score based on the results of those same groupings from last seasons irl numbers.

How is it against the spread?

Just now, Ragnarok said:

How is it against the spread?

This was something I used several years back for just that.  At least that is what it was originally built for, however it wasn't a great help.  It's been a long time since I picked it back up and I'm doing things a bit different now by using individual stats vs team stats so it never really accounted for injuries in the past or really didn't even account for who was starting, it just looked at the overall team stats, so who knows how it would play against the spread.  There are several things we could do to see how we could improve it against the spread if that's something you'd like to look into.  .  

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I want to see