BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Sunday AM, Saturday PM. You made the trade before game plans were due. He’s not on your team. 

Or you know we could institute a rule that prevents and/or clarifies this situation. 

The reason I consider him being on the team is because he was not in any way shape or form added to Camden's game plan J lash in South appears to consider him still a member of anchorage

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The reason I consider him being on the team is because he was not in any way shape or form added to Camden's game plan J lash in South appears to consider him still a member of anchorage

That’s fine. You can consider it however you want while voting. 

I personally will not consider Kupp active for Anchorage. 

And we should implement a rule that clarifies the situation so it’s handled the same way every time 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

You guys can decide if you view him on the team or not that’s fine. I’m not going to argue it. 

What’s the cutoff, in your opinion, for when a player leaves a roster? If 12 hours before the game is still cool, what about 13? 14?

That’s fine. You can consider it however you want while voting. 

I personally will not consider Kupp active for Anchorage. 

And we should implement a rule that clarifies the situation so it’s handled the same way every time 

That's fun and like I said in another thread unrelated thread I'm not telling anybody how to vote I'm just telling you the into BCB how I see it you don't have to see it that way

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

What’s the cutoff, in your opinion, for when a player leaves a roster? If 12 hours before the game is still cool, what about 13? 14?

Once the trade is approved. Because if it never gets approved the player never moves teams. 

My opinion is a player doesn't switch teams until the trade is approved. If it hasn't been approved I think they should still be on their original team. If the trade hasn't been approved by 1:00 pm sunday, when writeups are due, then that player is still on their old team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Once the trade is approved. Because if it never gets approved the player never moves teams. 

Okay so I trade with you Saturday night. Everyone just happens to be on and approves the trade. I get to rewrite my plan with the new player. 

Then I turn around the next Saturday and trade with someone. But this time only two people are on to approve the trade. I don’t get to rewrite my plan. 

Either guys are put on some kind of “hold” when a trade is posted until approval or we should avoid this situation entirely. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

My opinion is a player doesn't switch teams until the trade is approved. If it hasn't been approved I think they should still be on their original team. If the trade hasn't been approved by 1:00 pm sunday, when writeups are due, then that player is still on their old team.

So if I make a trade on Saturday it’s a coin toss on whether or not the parties involved get to use their players 

Just now, Whicker said:

Okay so I trade with you Saturday night. Everyone just happens to be on and approves the trade. I get to rewrite my plan with the new player. 

Then I turn around the next Saturday and trade with someone. But this time only two people are on to approve the trade. I don’t get to rewrite my plan. 

Either guys are put on some kind of “hold” when a trade is posted until approval or we should avoid this situation entirely. 

It’s whatever you want to do. You asked me my opinion. Trades have fallen through in the past because of the trade council. 

So if I make a trade on Saturday it’s a coin toss on whether or not the parties involved get to use their players 

In my admittedly limited experience, trades don't get approved that quickly.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I agree with this. I’m of the party that says trading for guys on a Friday during the week of a game is rather unrealistic they'll develop into a full time role. Particularly WRs, QBs, and off ball LBs.

• Like 1