BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So may I interpret that as you base the vote on skill integrated into the gameplan rather than stats?

I don’t understand your question. I vote based on who I think would win the game. Nothing more or less. Nothing fancy about it 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I don’t understand your question. I vote based on who I think would win the game. Nothing more or less. Nothing fancy about it 

What I'm asking is when you read the game plan do you consider the statistics or do you consider how you think a players will perform based on their individual skills with in that game plan?

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What I'm asking is when you read the game plan do you consider the statistics or do you consider how you think a players will perform based on their individual skills with in that game plan?

Why is this an or question?

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Fair enough. Just trying to learn a little from everyone. You guys have more experience here than I do

Stats matter for a one game sample. Some of the time, a one game sample can weigh a ton. Most of the time, it’s just a drop in the bucket. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

So my 1st, 5th, and 7th round pick from 2017 and a 2021 7th have netted me...

A 2020 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 2021 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th 

When the draft rolls around might be enough for Mahomes. 

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can I ask you all something about voting? I wanna find out what the acceptable etiquette is for voting style.

I know at least some of you base your votes on production. I've kind of started leading rhat way but at the same time I feel like I want to consider who those players are playing with and how I think they'd perform in that roster makeup which might contradict their RL production.

How do you guys see it?

I value gameplans>IRL play>matchups>injury considerations>coin toss as my voting method. 

There's no one answer to voting but gameplans are the most influential IMO. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Whicker said:

I use all relevant information I have access to to determine the winner of the game 

Same. Week-of stats are probably the last thing I look at because the matchups are almost always different.

I look at scheme fit for certain players (ie people knocking Sira for having Donald play on the edge) and how that would impact them. Then I look at how they matchup vs their current opponent and how that player(s) is being used.

• Like 1