BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If y’all going to veto my trade don’t expect me to participate any longer more than draft and free agency. I won’t be trading anymore or commenting on the board or posting mocks or anything. I’ll keep it just business if that’s how we want to go about it. WW isn’t a rookie he does Gm mocks. 

for the record, i'm not saying we should veto anything, but let the guy have some time to get accustomed to the rules a bit.  I'm sure whatever is fine just i know he still has some questions via PM i'm trying to answer

• Like 1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

for the record, i'm not saying we should veto anything, but let the guy have some time to get accustomed to the rules a bit.  I'm sure whatever is fine just i know he still has some questions via PM i'm trying to answer

You are more professional about it appreciate it

Just now, Jlash said:

You just threatened to quit again, for what the 5th time? After a few people expressed concern over letting someone still get a handle on the league make deals, not necessarily the validity of the trade. So to me, that constituted crying and hence my 'here we go'. 

I didn’t threaten to quit at all

Regardless of perceived fairness of a trade, I do think that it is wise to let new people get used to trading mechanisms and how value is perceived here.  I would recommend at least having them look through old trades so that they get a sense for what value is.

IIRC, Mike Evans went for a 1st not too long ago, so the optics of an established owner acquiring such a player for a lowered cost is not ideal.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Regardless of perceived fairness of a trade, I do think that it is wise to let new people get used to trading mechanisms and how value is perceived here.  I would recommend at least having them look through old trades so that they get a sense for what value is.

IIRC, Mike Evans went for a 1st not too long ago, so the optics of an established owner acquiring such a player for a lowered cost is not ideal.  

Is Mike Williams that good though?