BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, Jlash said:

Is Mike Williams that good though?

Not close. Injury prone too. I gave him the 45th pick in the draft. Hargreaves is a what if I guess with his contract but he started to play well in the nickel. Barrett is going to sign a deal to become a starter in a 3-4 most likely in FA. Which he is converting his defense to. Watch Barrett get 8-10 sacks next year. I wasn’t trying to rip him off and if that is the notion as someone who clearly got less than they were worth for Rodgers and Hopkins that’s pretty unfortunate. I care about this league and the integrity of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

That's what I meant by perceived fairness of a trade.

Just now, TedLavie said:

Obligatory mention of @Whicker after the word quitting has been said

I don't think Mike Williams is that good, but a low 2nd rounder would be a more fair value, imho. Still, it's not as egregious as other trades we had in the past

It's really not, and that was my point by me saying I've fought trades in the past that no one else has cared about so this one didn't matter. My point was threatening to *quit participating fully* immediately after some people thought the trades were just very fast for a new guy, not the actual trades themselves is something that's gotten really old.

Dan Feeney stinks and I think even taking on a potential 3 down in Hargreaves that the 45th overall pick was pretty good for Williams.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Not close. Injury prone too. I gave him the 45th pick in the draft. Hargreaves is a what if I guess with his contract but he started to play well in the nickel. Barrett is going to sign a deal to become a starter in a 3-4 most likely in FA. Which he is converting his defense to. Watch Barrett get 8-10 sacks next year. I wasn’t trying to rip him off and if that is the notion as someone who clearly got less than they were worth for Rodgers and Hopkins that’s pretty unfortunate. I care about this league and the integrity of it. 

You don't have to sell me, the trades weren't vetoed.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It's really not, and that was my point by me saying I've fought trades in the past that no one else has cared about so this one didn't matter. My point was threatening to *quit participating fully* immediately after some people thought the trades were just very fast for a new guy, not the actual trades themselves is something that's gotten really old.

Dan Feeney stinks and I think even taking on a potential 3 down in Hargreaves that the 45th overall pick was pretty good for Williams.

Swole called the trade sketchy. 

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think you were trigger happy here in cancelling this trade.

The trade wasn't that bad and likely would have been approved. I mean I've seen much worse deal approved by the trade committee. I do think it's fair though, whenever someone jumps in, to discuss the value of the trades, at least to help him out so he get a better grasp of what is considered a good deal or what is not.

I have no say on the matter as I'm not a part of the trade committee, but I do believe it's fair to discuss the value of it in the main thread. Doesn't mean it affects the competitive balance of the league

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

I think you were trigger happy here in cancelling this trade.

The trade wasn't that bad and likely would have been approved. I mean I've seen much worse deal approved by the trade committee. I do think it's fair though, whenever someone jumps in, to discuss the value of the trades, at least to help him out so he get a better grasp of what is considered a good deal or what is not.

I have no say on the matter as I'm not a part of the trade committee, but I do believe it's fair to discuss the value of it in the main thread. Doesn't mean it affects the competitive balance of the league

It’s fine. It’s done now. 

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@DingoLadd will confirm you that but off the top of my head you can resign Dak through restricted free agency.

Piece of advice: don't commit too much money on a QB if you don't envision him as a future very good QB. We are in a 16 team league so guys like Flacco, Dalton or Alex Smith are usually available on cheap 1yr deals in the end of offseason. Only backups that command big money in BDL usually are QBs on rookie contracts. I think the only exception is Gotham who has Stafford backing up Wentz.

Yep if you want a cheap backup QB, just give Dak a 1st or 2nd round tender. 

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

That Mike Williams trade is kinda sketch, agree with Bcb. 

Eh I've seen worse, and done worse.

37 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm so happy I resigned from the trade committee.

Thanks for letting me take your spot.

30 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Is Mike Williams that good though?

He's an up and comer on a good contract, though the trade value for what he is right now is solid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Portland should have my 2020 7th

My bad. Corrected now thanks.

Also, I've noticed some player out of position, mainly front seven guys (3-4 DEs listed as edge and 4-3 OLBs listed as edge as well).

I corrected a couple of them, but if you see cases where one of your players / free agents listed at the wrong position, just holler at the roster bros, we will correct it

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

My bad. Corrected now thanks.

Also, I've noticed some player out of position, mainly front seven guys (3-4 DEs listed as edge and 4-3 OLBs listed as edge as well).

I corrected a couple of them, but if you see cases where one of your players / free agents listed at the wrong position, just holler at the roster bros, we will correct it

De’Vondre Campbell, Nick Vigil, Shaquem Griffin all listed as edge. Should be LB