Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

This whole 3 tags = late 1st = 3 3rds is really, REALLY bad math

I didn’t see you answering the question with a different answer. And it seemed others agreed with the cost. So I don’t know what to tell you.

Just now, Tk3 said:

why not let people overpay? particularly when the people who do so are the contenders?

A thought

Overpay? I assume you’re missing where I think that the cost of 1 and 2 tags are too low. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Or we could have discussions about these things.

A thought. 

Are you suggesting that the price for 1 tag is too low?

Or that the price for 3 tags is too high?

The truth of it all is, any buyer SHOULD be looking at it through the lens of "what is the DRAFT VALUE of the player I am trying to keep?" as opposed to any sort of predetermined price

Any seller SHOULD be looking at "what is the most I can get for this asset?" as well as "if I don't move this asset, what is the DRAFT VALUE of the player I would be forced to keep?"

Which is exactly why prices vary. Some years I would gladly pay a 5th for a tag if I couldn't find a better option.

Some years I wouldn't even pay an 8th.

That doesn't mean the market is ineffective... if anything, it means it is operating correctly

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Then do that. 

So what will all your fighting for 3 tags to be worth more have done when people start refusing to buy three tags at once because you inflated the value of 3 tags without increasing the value of the others?

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I didn’t see you answering the question with a different answer. And it seemed others agreed with the cost. So I don’t know what to tell you.

If a late 1st = 3 3rds, I will do that deal every single time..

Is anyone actually willing to accept it though?

Until they do, your math is bunk

Just now, Tk3 said:

If a late 1st = 3 3rds, I will do that deal every single time..

Is anyone actually willing to accept it though?

Until they do, your math is bunk

Literally other people said they would accept it. So how is the math bunk?

Just now, pwny said:

So what will all your fighting for 3 tags to be worth more have done when people start refusing to buy three tags at once because you inflated the value of 3 tags without increasing the value of the others?

Three tags = a first

Two tags = a third 

One tag = whatever folks would pay

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I might think about it. But it depends on the draft.

but in the context of this conversation, you have to make that decision before the keepers lock, not once we are 16 picks in and you know exactly who is still available.

Just now, Tk3 said:

but in the context of this conversation, you have to make that decision before the keepers lock, not once we are 16 picks in and you know exactly who is still available.

Is anybody making big trades like that before the draft? We're not the Jets desperately moving for any QB.

If we're five picks in or so and someone offered that for my 10th-15th-ish pick, I'd definitely consider it. I'm only falling back 20 picks and gaining three additional picks.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Three tags = a first

Two tags = a third 

One tag = whatever folks would pay

Why would anyone in their right mind buy three tags at that price when you can buy them extremely cheaper separately? 

I can't believe I am dumb enough for being in this conversation instead of sleeping.

I have zero stakes in any of this.

If you think the price is too high, then don't sell it. If you need the tags, then offer lower and see if someone is willing to budge.

I fully agree that these "set norms" are dumb. EVERYTHING should be done on a market/needs basis.

But trying to rally folks to change their mindsets at 2 AM during week 11 of a season is so baseless

I still don't see why the guy doesn't sell 3 tags and buy 3 individual tags if he thinks this is an issue

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

But trying to rally folks to change their mindsets at 2 AM during week 11 of a season is so baseless

I’m sorry. Wanna let me know when I can post things so I can schedule this discussion then?

Archived