Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

22 minutes ago, Glen said:

Before trading him to Pwn Matthew Stafford [7 GS]: 133/222 (59.91%, 86.56 Rating) for 1,561 yards, 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 7 carries for 26 yards (3.71 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 2 fumbles

After Matthew Stafford [5 GS]: 102/157 (64.9%, 106.36 Rating) for 1309 yards, 11 touchdowns, 3 interceptions. 5 carries for 14 yards (2.8 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumbles

Scale of 1-10 on the disheartening factor, that's a solid 8 or 9. Kinda just want to take a few seasons off from the sim now.

collude with me before you go please

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

collude with me before you go please

I'm like 99% sure the trade deadline has passed and this is a clearly a joke.

Ab, juju, hunt, mg3 and 12 tags for your 3rd???

35 minutes ago, Glen said:

Before trading him to Pwn Matthew Stafford [7 GS]: 133/222 (59.91%, 86.56 Rating) for 1,561 yards, 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 7 carries for 26 yards (3.71 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 2 fumbles

After Matthew Stafford [5 GS]: 102/157 (64.9%, 106.36 Rating) for 1309 yards, 11 touchdowns, 3 interceptions. 5 carries for 14 yards (2.8 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumbles

Scale of 1-10 on the disheartening factor, that's a solid 8 or 9. Kinda just want to take a few seasons off from the sim now.

I'm sorry you feel this way but overperforming and underperforming will happen, and it's not just the Sim. It happens in the NFL too. Statistically speaking, one actually expects certain data clusters to streak (if you flip a coin 10 times for example it will almost certainly not go HTHTHTHTHT). Part of this difference could be supporting cast and schedule, but you can also see this at work in Stafford's real stats last season, albeit reversed:

Stafford's first 7 games (including his Week 1 game that was arguably his worst career game):
171/253 1912 14 TD 6 INT 98.46 Rating

Stafford's remaining 9 games
196/302 1865 7 TD 5 INT 82.73 Rating

Truthfully, Stafford is probably neither as bad as he was in the last 9 games of the season nor as good as he was in the first seven.

Especially in a results sets with such a small sample size of seven, and given that football is a team sport and even individual statistics are not representative of that player in a vacuum, one can't fully assume attributes based on statistics from seven games. While most players in the NSFL (and the NFL for that matter) produce statistics similar to how good they actually are, there's definitely groups of overperformers and underperformers, and nothing can really be done about this because it's simply how the world works. If I were to sim 1000s of games, these statistics would even out and be a better representation, but football being what it is, there will always be the issue of sample size when looking at any statistic.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm sorry you feel this way but overperforming and underperforming will happen, and it's not just the Sim. It happens in the NFL too. Statistically speaking, one actually expects certain data clusters to streak (if you flip a coin 10 times for example it will almost certainly not go HTHTHTHTHT). Part of this difference could be supporting cast and schedule, but you can also see this at work in Stafford's real stats last season, albeit reversed:

Stafford's first 7 games (including his Week 1 game that was arguably his worst career game):
171/253 1912 14 TD 6 INT 98.46 Rating

Stafford's remaining 9 games
196/302 1865 7 TD 5 INT 82.73 Rating

Truthfully, Stafford is probably neither as bad as he was in the last 9 games of the season nor as good as he was in the first seven last season.

Especially in a results sets with such a small sample size of seven, and given that football is a team sport and even individual statistics are not representative of that player in a vacuum, one can't fully assume attributes based on statistics from seven games. While most players in the NSFL (and the NFL for that matter) produce statistics similar to how good they actually are, there's definitely groups of overperformers and underperformers, and nothing can really be done about this because it's simply how the world works. If I were to sim 1000s of games, these statistics would even out and be a better representation, but football being what it is, there will always be the issue of sample size when looking at any statistic.

Yeah, makes sense. Not blaming you or anything lol.

Just assumed after week 7 that Stafford was given an over aggressive nerf & that he would continue to perform at that level.

As far as supporting cast I'm honestly not sure what more I could have done other than possibly just ignore the defense and taken elite offensive linemen earlier. But even with them I tried to do my due diligence and take guys who were highly rated per PFF. Truthfully I don't watch much of the NFL anymore, and certainly not offensive linemen so for me its kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.

Either way, there's always next year. Incredibly disappointing following a taco bowl appearance & 12-4 record with a season like this. Especially after I believed to improve my team everywhere sans offensive line & what I believed was going to be a small nerf to Stafford(which may have been the case given your opinion on his season thus far).

44 minutes ago, Glen said:

It was a dumb trade to begin with.

Just now, Glen said:

Yeah, makes sense. Not blaming you or anything lol.

Just assumed after week 7 that Stafford was given an over aggressive nerf & that he would continue to perform at that level.

As far as supporting cast I'm honestly not sure what more I could have done other than possibly just ignore the defense and taken elite offensive linemen earlier. But even with them I tried to do my due diligence and take guys who were highly rated per PFF. Truthfully I don't watch much of the NFL anymore, and certainly not offensive linemen so for me its kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.

Either way, there's always next year. Incredibly disappointing following a taco bowl appearance & 12-4 record with a season like this. Especially after I believed to improve my team everywhere sans offensive line & what I believed was going to be a small nerf to Stafford(which may have been the case given your opinion on his season thus far).

I mean, Stafford definitely was nerfed based on his 2019 season. I don't think that should surprise anyone - his 2019 stats speak for themselves as well as the metrics that the sim uses. The difference wasn't as big as I think you thought it to be, however.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, Stafford definitely was nerfed based on his 2019 season. I don't think that should surprise anyone - his 2019 stats speak for themselves as well as the metrics that the sim uses. The difference wasn't as big as I think you thought it to be, however.

Yeah I assumed it would be a 90 -> 89

Felt like the first 7 games were 90 -> 86

If you get what im saying

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good game @Tk3.

Those two Barkley fumbles in the second half were huge.

Also, I was almost positive I lost the game when you recovered the onside kick and started driving. Can't believe my defense managed to run the clock out without giving up a touchdown.

Tough loss. Inexcusable play call there tbh

Tough to have that kind of offensive production and not be able to score over 30. 

Continue to have 3rd down issues

Very plausible we meet in the playoffs. Can you beat me 3 times?

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Yeah I assumed it would be a 90 -> 89

Felt like the first 7 games were 90 -> 86

If you get what im saying

I know what you're saying. Just wanted to add my thoughts on it - things like that happen. Can be exhilarating when you have a player like Biesel blowing it up somehow. Can be deflating when RNG goes the other way.

Ultimately I think this is why football is so engaging though - the feeling anything can happen.

33 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm like 99% sure the trade deadline has passed and this is a clearly a joke.

Ab, juju, hunt, mg3 and 12 tags for your 3rd???

release them all, and i will quick snnatch them up.

and i will give you a 3rd for 12 tags after the season

Just now, Malfatron said:

release them all, and i will quick snnatch them up.

and i will give you a 3rd for 12 tags after the season

how the hell do you guys think this is funny? like why even bring this garbage in here?

Just mocking what we all know about that girl scout crew yall running.

Archived