Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pastor Dillon

2019 FA TALK!!!

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given the money that's being paid out, I'd rather wait. JuWan James just got $32mm GTD, that's not a good contract for anyone. 

The only player I'd consider paying would be Amos or Thomas. Maybe Daryl Williams. 

Juwan James would be the best tackle on our team. 

We had money to spend, front loaded this season and next before we are giving out some really big deals. 

Instead we are sitting it out again so we can overpay this years Aaron Colvin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm holding out hope for Adrian Amos, Haha Clinton-Dix, Bradley Roby or Ronald Darby, Pierre Desir - any combo of these five would be a save by Gaine.

Earl Thomas is also a guy that could define this off-season, injury history be damned. 

Morris Clayborn or Jason Verrett would also fit in the profile as one year guys. Jason McCourty is another name to watch for.

There's some good names to be had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm holding out hope for Adrian Amos, Haha Clinton-Dix, Bradley Roby or Ronald Darby, Pierre Desir - any combo of these five would be a save by Gaine.

Earl Thomas is also a guy that could define this off-season, injury history be damned. 

Morris Clayborn or Jason Verrett would also fit in the profile as one year guys. Jason McCourty is another name to watch for.

There's some good names to be had.

Amos to Green Bay.

Texans pushing for Tashaun Gipson. Significant downgrade from Mathieu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Texans pushing for Tashaun Gipson. Significant downgrade from Mathieu.

Definitely a downgrade, but still a solid player that could be a good value signing potentially considering what some safeties are getting. I’d like it if it allowed them to throw more money at Darby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Definitely a downgrade, but still a solid player that could be a good value signing potentially considering what some safeties are getting. I’d like it if it allowed them to throw more money at Darby. 

I'm still wary - Gipson had big years in Cleveland, but was a slightly above average guy in Jacksonville, with the top CB in the game and a top 10 CB at the #2 spot. 

At this point, Gipson feels like a product of his supporting cast with a limited ceiling. If he's got good CBs, he'll be good. If he's got great CBs, he'll be good. If he's got bad CBs, he'll be bad.

That's just my feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Definitely a downgrade, but still a solid player that could be a good value signing potentially considering what some safeties are getting. I’d like it if it allowed them to throw more money at Darby. 

Schefter reporting a deal is done. Tashaun Gipson is now a Texan.

Not very inspired by this, but supplementing this with two CBs would make me feel better. Darby and Roby would have me geeked out.

Also - what is the deal with signing scraps from Jacksonville? First Aaron Colvin, now Gipson? If this can lead up to Jalen Ramsey one day, I'll feel better about it, but not until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Schefter reporting a deal is done. Tashaun Gipson is now a Texan.

Interested to see the money for this deal. I'm thinking it's going to be around what Weddle got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Interested to see the money for this deal. I'm thinking it's going to be around what Weddle got.

3/$22mm. No word on GTD.

That's actually not bad, $7mm AAV. Half of what the market has been dictated at, and while Gipson isn't as good as Mathieu, he's certainly not half of what Mathieu was to this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with it. Remember Hal was out a good part of the season. Essentially he is the replacement for Mathieu.  And Reid for Kareem as he wasn't the starter at the start of the year. By the time Reid and Hal were both playing Kareem had moved off safety and to corner. So now we have Hal and Reid as the starting safeties instead of Mathieu and Kareem. That is a reasonable enough change. Gipson the backup but may be in on clear run downs. JJoe and Colvin as the corners. So if we get one corner to play outside and kick Colvin to nickel (where he should be anyway) we aren't that much worse off than last year. In fact I'd be willing to say I like our safety corps. It is our CB corps that is a problem.

I know we have a lot of money but I hate this notion that we should spend too much for someone just because we can. That is how bad teams operate. It's also a good way to screw ourselves down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Amos deal isn't bad, kind of wish they did this instead of Gipson. Amos is better and 3 years younger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marco79 said:

This Amos deal isn't bad, kind of wish they did this instead of Gipson. Amos is better and 3 years younger.

You make it seem like it is only our choice and he has no say.  Amos will start for the Pack. He may not have for us. And we can't say for sure whether we approached him at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mse326 said:

You make it seem like it is only our choice and he has no say.  Amos will start for the Pack. He may not have for us. And we can't say for sure whether we approached him at all.

He would have most definitely started and it was reported that the Texans were interested in him. I'm just saying I would rather have Amos at 9 mil a year than Gipson at 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marco79 said:

He would have most definitely started and it was reported that the Texans were interested in him. I'm just saying I would rather have Amos at 9 mil a year than Gipson at 7.

I don't think he is clearly better than Hal or Reid. So definitely not "most definitely" starting for us. And us interested was exactly my point. We may have been on him but we couldn't offer him something GB could like an obvious starting spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I don't think he is clearly better than Hal or Reid. So definitely not "most definitely" starting for us. And us interested was exactly my point. We may have been on him but we couldn't offer him something GB could like an obvious starting spot.

Would you rather have Amos at 4 years 37 or Gipson at 3 years 22?

All I was saying was that would prefer the former. Not saying anything else besides that. 

Well, that and that Amos is definitely better than Hal. Nothing against Hal though, I think he is a good player too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad we didnt throw crazy money at the secondary spot. Im not impressed by Gipson but feel fine with him supplementing Reid & Hal on the back end. Now we can go after corner, Oline, another playmaker on offense and preferably an interior pass rusher. I wouldn't mind Justin Houston on a discount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×