2019 FA TALK!!!

Pastor Dillon

58 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If those rumors are true then the scenarios are...

Rams if they offer their first round pick, (31st overall).

Seahawks if Frank Clark gets traded elsewhere and they offer their first, (20th overall), OR they just swap Clark for Clowney straight up.

Arizona if they offer their second, (33rd overall).

Missed opportunity for sure.

what about bills swapping 1st rd picks for clowney and bills 2020 2nd round pick? 

9 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

Well at least we will see what a healthy Seantrel Henderson can do. 

I guess this is the crux of our OL improvement. If Henderson can solidify our right side, we can probably see some significant improvement. He didn't play but 10 minutes last season (if that) and his departure led to a ton of shuffling from that point on - Davenport to RT, Rankin at LT, then Davenport at LT, Lamm at RT - you can't get any consistency if this is the case.

I'm not buying Seantrell as the answer to our OL woes, but it looks as if this is step one of the process. Next up, I'm expecting Cody Ford or Dalton Risner at 23 to take over for Senio Kelemete, then Kelemete/Rankin as the swing T/G. Davenport will stay at LT (which is arguably the dumbest decision ever - guy is a penalty machine and not good unless he's holding someone).

My instinct tells me that LT won't be addressed until the 2020 draft. Andrew Thomas out of Georgia, perhaps?

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I guess this is the crux of our OL improvement. If Henderson can solidify our right side, we can probably see some significant improvement. He didn't play but 10 minutes last season (if that) and his departure led to a ton of shuffling from that point on - Davenport to RT, Rankin at LT, then Davenport at LT, Lamm at RT - you can't get any consistency if this is the case.

I'm not buying Seantrell as the answer to our OL woes, but it looks as if this is step one of the process. Next up, I'm expecting Cody Ford or Dalton Risner at 23 to take over for Senio Kelemete, then Kelemete/Rankin as the swing T/G. Davenport will stay at LT (which is arguably the dumbest decision ever - guy is a penalty machine and not good unless he's holding someone).

My instinct tells me that LT won't be addressed until the 2020 draft. Andrew Thomas out of Georgia, perhaps?

I wouldn't be surprised if we move up in the draft for Dillard or Jonah Williams or Taylor.  All are considered potential 1st year starters. 

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He’s better than Branden Weeden. 

Not by much. Guy had 48 turnovers in 24 games, or something like that? Two turnovers a game is AAF level QB play.

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We know he can game manage and make the AFC championship with a good D.

That was a historically good defense, not just a good defense. 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Idk of any other back up options that good 

I personally think Tyrod would have been good, and wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Trace McSorley as a priority UDFA - but if we spend money on a backup QB after NOT spending money on everything else, I'll have a stroke.

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He’s better than Branden Weeden. We know he can game manage and make the AFC championship with a good D. Idk of any other back up options that good 

I didn't respond initially because I thought you were trolling. Bortles is completely inept

• Like 1

I really like the Gibson deal. He can be cut next off season and save us 3 million. He can be cut after two years with basically no penalty. 

What are the odds that 

JJoe/Roby/Colvin/Gibson/Reid

just click and we have an amazing secondary? Ok probably not good but I’m not sure we can be much worse. 

22 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I really like the Gibson deal. He can be cut next off season and save us 3 million. He can be cut after two years with basically no penalty. 

What are the odds that 

JJoe/Roby/Colvin/Gibson/Reid

just click and we have an amazing secondary? Ok probably not good but I’m not sure we can be much worse. 

I'm thinking there's a rookie that'll be joining this group. Trayvon Mullen, Amani Oruwariye are both guys who fit our profile - good size and length, athletic, maybe not the most instinctive guy - but in a rotation with Joseph, I could see that working out.

I'd like to think we'll get one in the 2nd. Maybe both, who knows.

Part of me thinks the FO is trying to get a compensatory pick next year? 

Trying to sign players who were cut by other teams (so they don't count as free agent signings)

If we do trade Clowney, Jamie Collins is sitting out there to be signed.