GameDay Thread: Patriots vs. Chargers

DoleINGout

Just now, DoleINGout said:

It helps that Rivers is the least mobile QB in NFL history...

Yup, going to be a whole other game plan next week.

We blitz as much as we did today and Mahomes will escape more often than not and kill us.

45 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

What's everybody's early feelings on the game next week, other than musings about how it would've been in Foxborough if Gronk wasn't on the field?

toss up. I'd feel extremely good if the Miami miracle did not happen

2 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

What's everybody's early feelings on the game next week, other than musings about how it would've been in Foxborough if Gronk wasn't on the field?

Roughly the same as last year against the Jags but for the opposite reasons. There's no way to really gameplan against a QB like Mahomes. You just have to execute on a fundamental level and hope he doesn't do too much of the superhuman stuff he's capable of. 

Pats will get theirs on offense but I have a feeling it'll be another shootout like the week 6 game.

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

feel good about how they played the chargers and we beat kc already. pats are better now and with reid on the other sideline i like our chances.

The Pats are the underdogs next week, including by my model:

NFC Championship Game - 3:05 PM

New Orleans Saints (54%) 33-31 Los Angeles Rams

Kansas City Chiefs (55%) 30-27 New England Patriots

Super Bowl LIII Probabilities:

New Orleans Saints vs. New England Patriots: 24.30% chance of occurrence, Saints 13.05% chance of winning

Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots: 20.70% chance of occurrence, Rams 10.70% chance of winning

New Orleans Saints vs. Kansas City Chiefs: 29.70% chance of occurrence, Saints 15.10% chance of winning

Los Angeles Rams vs. Kansas City Chiefs: 25.30% chance of occurrence, Chiefs 12.90% chance of winning

Hopefully the numbers and Vegas are wrong, but if our away record is any indication we could be in trouble.

Archived