Around The League V.2

Totty

45 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I think being traded to the NYG after getting married to one of the LV Aces players took away a lot of his motivation to play.  I couldn't imagine getting married. and then having to move across the US to play for a team I never agreed to play for.  My heart wouldn't be in it either.  Especially if I knew I didn't really need the money.  Which at this point, I don't think he really does.  I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before finishing his contract extension.

What are you talking about? He had zero motivation the two years before that and would milk any injury. 

11 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

What are you talking about? He had zero motivation the two years before that and would milk any injury. 

Yeah.  True.  Dude is getting paid just for being 6'6" and able to run the 40 in 4.40 seconds.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah.  True.  Dude is getting paid just for being 6'6" and able to run the 40 in 4.40 seconds.

Gruden was his best friend, man. Only guy that could ever motivate him and make him stay off the stuff. He was a junkie before that and probably a junkie now. You don’t get a head tattoo unless you’re on one. Not to mention his grumpy attitude since Gruden left, inconsistent mood swings. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

My goodness, I know we all know it but Micah Parsons is an absolute phenom as a pass rusher. That inside stunt he ran was just so fast. He reminds me some of Derrick Thomas, just electric out there. What a player!

Exactly what you expect from a top pick imagine that and you don’t have to wait 2-3 year either lol

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Gruden was his best friend, man. Only guy that could ever motivate him and make him stay off the stuff. He was a junkie before that and probably a junkie now. You don’t get a head tattoo unless you’re on one. Not to mention his grumpy attitude since Gruden left, inconsistent mood swings. 

Pretty disingenuous that you would speak of someone this way who you worked hard to reach sobriety. 

Edited by big_palooka

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly what you expect from a top pick imagine that and you don’t have to wait 2-3 year either lol

If Wilson is a beast pass rusher in year 2 and an all-pro in year 3, you still going have a problem with the pick because they didn't meet your instant gratification? 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

If Wilson is a beast pass rusher in year 2 and an all-pro in year 3, you still going have a problem with the pick because they didn't meet your instant gratification? 

Bruh whatever you smoking pass it over here lol. I’d love to see it would be the greatest comeback story ever. Dude is like a Ferrari kit car you order on Amazon and we know how those turn out. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh whatever you smoking pass it over here lol. I’d love to see it would be the greatest comeback story ever. Dude is like a Ferrari kit car you order on Amazon and we know how those turn out. 

It's weak 2. He was out for 11 months and missed 80% of camp. 

Your expectations are ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Your excuses are amusing 

Excuses? Those are facts. He broke a foot in college, had surgery and wasn't cleared until the last couple weeks of camp. 

Done with this conversation if you can't recognize the obvious disadvantages he's faced starting out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

There is no evidence he is on drugs or a “junkie” anymore. Simmer down. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

There was never evidence while he was one, either. But the signs are there now, and were there on the Ravens. 

Injury is not a sign of drug abuse. There is NO evidence. It is all speculation now and low brow speculation at that. 

The 2020 QB class might go down as legendary if Love can keep this up all season. He hasn’t even had his #1 WR Christian Watson either, who I love a lot. Doubs is a JAG imo. Jayden Reed and Luke Musgrave will also be amazing, but it’s their rookie seasons. Going to be an explosive offense for years to come. I admitted defeat on Herbert after a full season. I won’t claim victory on Love until I see a full season. But he’s looking pretty solid so far. 

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Hurts. It was the year to draft a QB. And we had the capital to get one. I wanted to trade up for Tua so damn bad. Most of my mocks were Tua trades. Damon Arnette, lmfaooooo.