Around The League V.2

Totty

Packers/Lions tonight. Should be a good game. Packers injury report should be brutal but at least they get Watson back. Not 100% and likely limited snaps, but should help. 

Even without Watson, Jordan Love is #1 in the NFL in ADoT. Not only is he #1 in ADoT, but he’s been one of the most efficient QB’s as well. A rare combination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Packers/Lions tonight. Should be a good game. Packers injury report should be brutal but at least they get Watson back. Not 100% and likely limited snaps, but should help. 

Even without Watson, Jordan Love is #1 in the NFL in ADoT. Not only is he #1 in ADoT, but he’s been one of the most efficient QB’s as well. A rare combination. 

Valley kid! Bakersfield like DC

How I personally view the QB landscape. These are not power rankings for the season. Otherwise I'd have Love and Stroud Top 10. Burrow Bottom 10. And Carr down a few more spots as well. This is how I view who are currently the best.

Hard to rank first year starters like Love and the Rookies. You can't rank them too high too fast. 

On 9/27/2023 at 3:08 AM, Humble_Beast said:

trade Tae to the Saints for a 1st lol

I’d do everything I could to keep him, especially if we’re entertaining drafting a new QB. That new QB will need all the weapons he can get and Adams would be a great safety blanket for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

He also leads the league in uncatchable balls at 31.5% of his passes. 

You really trying to gas him up lately. What's your agenda?

43 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

How I personally view the QB landscape. These are not power rankings for the season. Otherwise I'd have Love and Stroud Top 10. Burrow Bottom 10. And Carr down a few more spots as well. This is how I view who are currently the best.

Hard to rank first year starters like Love and the Rookies. You can't rank them too high too fast. 

You have Tua in "elites" 2nd behind Mahomes 😂 That damn sure isn't based on his career to this point. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

He also leads the league in uncatchable balls at 31.5% of his passes. 

You really trying to gas him up lately. What's your agenda?

I mean if you’re gonna do power rankings for QBs 3 weeks in, he’s easily Top 10. No agenda. I mean, maybe a slight clap back at the forum calling him the worst 1st round QB prospect they’ve ever seen basically and a lock to fail..:

2020 QB class looks like it could go down as legendary if they keep up this insane pace. Tua, Burrow, and Herbert are Elite QB’s in this league. Hurts is damn-near elite. And Love is looking great to start the year, without his #1 WR all 3 games, a rookie WR and TE starter, and no Aaron Jones the past two games. 

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I mean if you’re gonna do power rankings for QBs 3 weeks in, he’s easily Top 10. No agenda. I mean, maybe a slight clap back at the forum calling him the worst 1st round QB prospect they’ve ever seen basically and a lock to fail..:

2020 QB class looks like it could go down as legendary if they keep up this insane pace. Tua, Burrow, and Herbert are Elite QB’s in this league. Hurts is damn-near elite. And Love is looking great to start the year, without his #1 WR all 3 games, a rookie WR and TE starter, and no Aaron Jones the past two games. 

First good defense he faced, he completed 50% of his passes and was completely pedestrian. 

Also, you have a very very loose definition of the word "elite" in relation to QBs. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You have Tua in "elites" 2nd behind Mahomes 😂 That damn sure isn't based on his career to this point. 

Not based off career stats, what’s the point of that? There would be zero opinion involved in career stats and lists would be pointless. This is who I think are the best in the NFL right now, as of today. Heck, I have Burrow 3 and he’s been a Bottom 5 QB this year. 

I put money on the following this year:

MVP: Tua (16 to 1 baby)

OPOY: Chase (losing my shirt on this one)

DPOY: Parsons

Super Bowl Winner: Miami (18 to 1 payout)

3 of 4 of these bets are looking good so far. I only need one to hit to make profit. Just one. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

First good defense he faced, he completed 50% of his passes and was completely pedestrian. 

Also, you have a very very loose definition of the word "elite" in relation to QBs. 

Not really, since I only have five elites. Actually, four elites. Mahomes is in his own tier. I bet most people who make a list are gonna put 6-7 elites. 

10 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Not based off career stats, what’s the point of that? There would be zero opinion involved in career stats and lists would be pointless. This is who I think are the best in the NFL right now, as of today. Heck, I have Burrow 3 and he’s been a Bottom 5 QB this year. 

I put money on the following this year:

MVP: Tua (16 to 1 baby)

OPOY: Chase (losing my shirt on this one)

DPOY: Parsons

Super Bowl Winner: Miami (18 to 1 payout)

3 of 4 of these bets are looking good so far. I only need one to hit to make profit. Just one. 

I didn't say anything about stats.

Saying Tua is the #2 QB in the league is misguided. I get why you are doing it, attempting to save face from draft day predictions and all but it's a bad take. 

Without that offense and the skills in it, who is he? Probably a good QB, but not in the same league as some of the others. 

If you polled 32 GMs right now, first QB they are taking is Mahomes (obviously). Then some combination of Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Lamar, Hurts are next. I'd bet teams favor Stroud, Trevor over Tua as well. He's somewhere in the top 6-8 QBs. #2 is a desperate take and again, I fully understand the why behind it. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I didn't say anything about stats.

Saying Tua is the #2 QB in the league is misguided. I get why you are doing it, attempting to save face from draft day predictions and all but it's a bad take. 

Without that offense and the skills in it, who is he? Probably a good QB, but not in the same league as some of the others. 

If you polled 32 GMs right now, first QB they are taking is Mahomes (obviously). Then some combination of Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Lamar, Hurts are next. I'd bet teams favor Stroud, Trevor over Tua as well. He's somewhere in the top 6-8 QBs. #2 is a desperate take and again, I fully understand the why behind it. 

What matters is results. Tua is getting those results. And you’re acting like he he wasn’t an absolute stud QB prospect. If not for his rib injury, he was the second pick in the draft quite easily. I would draft him over all those guys except Burrow. Allen and Tua would be a hard choice. Really hard choice. You’re acting like Allen isn’t one of the biggest turnover prone QB’s in the league and has been shut down by top coordinators. Love Allen, but drafting Tua or Allen for me would be a hard choice. Probably lean drafting Allen with the bigger body of work and rocket arm, but Tua beats him in accuracy (by a mile), intelligence, decision making (by a mile), throwing with anticipation, tight window throws, and pre-snap adjustments. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

Not sure who the hell would draft Hurts over Tua, Hurts still can’t pass very well. Insanely effective QB, but the passing is never gonna be great. I expected him to come down to earth this year with teams having tape on him now. Any time teams have tape on guys who are not great passers, they regress. Lamar was a Top 3 QB and certainly hasn’t been since 2019. Cam was a Top 3 QB and regressed big time after teams had the footage of that MVP year. I still have Hurts at 6 and think he’s an extremely effective QB. He’s still ok at passing, he’s smart, he’s an amazing dual threat weapon, and a great feel for the pocket. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

What matters is results. Tua is getting those results. And you’re acting like he he wasn’t an absolute stud QB prospect. If not for his rib injury, he was the second pick in the draft quite easily. I would draft him over all those guys except Burrow. Allen and Tua would be a hard choice. Really hard choice. You’re acting like Allen isn’t one of the biggest turnover prone QB’s in the league and has been shut down by top coordinators. Love Allen, but drafting Tua or Allen for me would be a hard choice. Probably lean drafting Allen with the bigger body of work and rocket arm, but Tua beats him in accuracy (by a mile), intelligence, decision making (by a mile), throwing with anticipation, tight window throws, and pre-snap adjustments. 

He's not, nor was he ever a better prospect than Herbert. And I liked Tua. Herbert (and Allen for that matter) would crush in that offense with Tyreek Hill. 

Tua has an 108.8 passer rating with Tyreek Hill. Without him, drops to 88.8. He's a product of the Shannahan system with elite speed at WR. 

He's accurate, make great decisions and runs that offense very very well. 

But he would not translate to just any offense (we've see that already). Herbert and Allen can play in any offense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's not, nor was he ever a better prospect than Herber

Disagree. He was the consensus #2 QB and the rib injury made his stock go down a bit. Heck, before Burrow’s crazy year, Tua was being hyped as the best prospect since Luck. Herbert was a big question mark where people loved him or hated him, he was not that great in college but had elite tools, height, and IQ. And Tua was still taken before Herbert. All phenomenal prospects though. I admit I was way off on Herbert, he’s a stud. Only possible thing negative I can say about Herbert is he needs more killer instinct. He lacked it in college and still lacks it now. But other than that, he has almost no weakness. High IQ player, solid accuracy, good tight window thrower, laser arm, good mobility, good pre-snap.