Around The League V.2

Totty

22 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Man you always saying some dumb stuff, if he beats us this will be quoted in my sig. 

Stidham is 0-2 as a starter with a career 59% completion percentage, 6 TD, and 7 INT

He sucks

Unless never winning a starting job, losing both your career starts, and having more turnovers than TD is good, then he is the GOAT.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Stidham is 0-2 as a starter with a career 59% completion percentage, 6 TD, and 7 INT

He sucks

Unless never winning a starting job, losing both your career starts, and having more turnovers than TD is good, then he is the GOAT.

Not for nothing, but Aiden O'Connell won the other day.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AOC > Stidham

All day everyday and twice on Sunday

Raider fans love Stiddy for his 0-2 record here

Ah, I’m not so sure about that. I think right now, Stidham is probably the better of the two and his legs would have gotten us a first down or two against Kansas at least.

Maybe if AOC develops he’ll be better but as of right now, neither have proven to be a solid NFL starter. Win/Loss record is wholly irrelevant given they’ve barely played 10 games between them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

According to Spotrac they're going to have to eat like 165M in dead cap over the next 5 years if they release him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/russell-wilson-9885/

Where are you getting $165m? If they cut him after this season (which would be in 2024), they have to eat $85m in dead cap. Which can be split ($35.4m in 2024 and $49.6m in 2025) if they make him a June 1st cut.

Just now, Darbsk said:

Ah, I’m not so sure about that. I think right now, Stidham is probably the better of the two and his legs would have gotten us a first down or two against Kansas at least.

Maybe if AOC develops he’ll be better but as of right now, neither have proven to be a solid NFL starter. Win/Loss record is wholly irrelevant given they’ve barely played 10 games between them.

Stiddy has solid physical tools and a gutsy playing style that I like. He just needs to play more and get experience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Where are you getting $165m? If they cut him after this season (which would be in 2024), they have to eat $85m in dead cap. Which can be split ($35.4m in 2024 and $49.6m in 2025) if they make him a June 1st cut.

😳😳

Just now, Steins Gate said:

85M in 2024 / 49.6M in 2025 / 31.2M in 2026 / 12.8 in 2027 / 4.4 in 2028

That's 183M in dead cap.

But I think you're correct that they'd only have to pay 85M split over 2 years with a post June 1 cut because they'd also be declining his option for those last few years by cutting him

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Raiders fans are so used to mediocrity even doing something above average here gets you borderline legendary status amongst our fans.

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Stiddy has solid physical tools and a gutsy playing style that I like. He just needs to play more and get experience.

He'll be 28 years old at the start of next year, I'd say the development stage is dwindling down for him. Solid backup but that's all he'll ever be in the NFL.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Wonder if Wilson backs up Stidham or packs his ball and goes home like the last guy in this situation. 

I'd bet that Russ is inactive over the next two weeks, they're benching him to avoid injury so they can get out of his contract. Zero chance they'd throw him back out there if Stidham gets hurt.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

85M in 2024 / 49.6M in 2025 / 31.2M in 2026 / 12.8 in 2027 / 4.4 in 2028

That's 183M in dead cap.

But I think you're correct that they'd only have to pay 85M split over 2 years with a post June 1 cut because they'd also be declining his option for those last few years by cutting him

Those numbers are showing the what the dead cap would be for cutting him that year. You don't add them together....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Raiders fans are so used to mediocrity even doing something above average here gets you borderline legendary status amongst our fans.

It can be a problem, a flash here or there and our beleaguered optimism kicks in!!!

Hopefully we’ll see them face off in week 18.

• Like 1