Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, big_palooka said:

Re-set the clock. 

Moving on from mid Carr was smart. But they needed to the land the QBOTF but instead signing Jimmy G

Yeah exactly. they moved on with no plan. To have no plan at Qb is honestly something I can only see the Raiders doing lol. 
I know some loved Jimmy, but if you had watched niners, or even talked to niners fans, you knew he sucked.

then we gave him pretty good money too. 
Carr 35 this year vs jimmy and Carr 30.

we could’ve cut Carr this offseason too. 

They fumbled the most important position incredibly. 

Should’ve made a play for a rookie, instead they went for jimmy because they looked at his w l lol. 

• Like 2

This team is 100% in the playoffs if they kept Carr. 

Could then still draft a young qb, and if Carr throws a fit make him accept a trade offer. If not, open competition.

his value would’ve been decent too, a 3rd is much better than nothing. 

all in all, we weren’t winning Super Bowl regardless.. but we just threw away an asset for nothing because we wanted Jimmy lol. 
it was dumb. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wrong. Hated the Jimmy G signing. I wanted a rookie. Only reason to move on imo was to draft your future at QB.

Moving on with no plan in place or without having an upgrade on the roster is an idiotic which has cost this team dearly and why I was so against moving on from Carr.  Don't even get me going in regards to how the situation was handled or the lost compensation....  Complete incompetence by Jm/DZ.   

We missed out on a playoff spot and are also not in a great position to draft a stud rookie QB this year.   So yeah, moving on from Carr for a 10M cap saving while signing Jimmy G was an idiotic move.

I just hope McCarthy declares and he is available when we pick.  He is young and raw as hell but all the tools are there for him to play at a high level in the NFL. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

Maybe if Carr would have put on a headset and supported the backup the last two games of last season he could have stayed. Instead he took his ball and went to NO. Only end up out of the playoffs too. 

We would have been in the Playoffs if we fired JMD after the Pittsburgh game. Stroud, Brissett , Carr or Stidham would have won the West. It was a tremendous failure on McDaniels part to not grab the #2 pick when available 

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So a better plan is paying a mid QB 100 mil gtd? 

A few weeks ago dude was trying to say Carr wasnt in his prime anymore 

Now all of a sudden, Carr has a few good games in a row and he’s been reserving judgement 😂

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The eagles are getting destroyed by the Giants 24 - zilch 😬

Srianni getting canned if they go one and down in the postseason 

Not sure how Patricia got promoted to DC late in the season

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

A few weeks ago dude was trying to say Carr wasnt in his prime anymore 

Now all of a sudden, Carr has a few good games in a row and he’s been reserving judgement 😂

Carr had been very durable throughout his career and missed parts of 4 games this year due to significant injuries (shoulder, back, head).  So yes father time is catching up to him from all the years of abuse on the abysmal teams we fielded.  Three years ago he takes those hits with no ill effect.

His body healed up, the team started to gel and he played at a high level down the stretch.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr had been very durable throughout his career and missed parts of 4 games this year due to significant injuries (shoulder, back, head).  So yes father time is catching up to him from all the years of abuse on the abysmal teams we fielded.  Three years ago he takes those hits with no ill effect.

His body healed up, the team started to gel and he played at a high level down the stretch.

Oh come on... another excuse for Carr! The fact is Carr has his hot games like any other QB in the league. He showed exactly what he showed on the Raiders all those years. He's a mentally limited QB, cannot throw with anticipation, plays fearful in the redzone and doesn't like making those squeeze-in throws often, bad at extending plays, below average at going through progressions, and many more flaws...

Dude is a slightly below average QB in the NFL and has been for years.

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Oh come on... another excuse for Carr! The fact is Carr has his hot games like any other QB in the league. He showed exactly what he showed on the Raiders all those years. He's a mentally limited QB, cannot throw with anticipation, plays fearful in the redzone and doesn't like making those squeeze-in throws often, bad at extending plays, below average at going through progressions, and many more flaws...

But you and many others constantly said you can replace his production easily… 

3 QBs for us this year have all been worse. 

lot of people were wrong when it comes to Carr. Simply because he is pretty average, those who either love or hate him, are to strong sided. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You say excuses and I say facts.  He payed at a high level down the stretch as the team gelled and he got healthy.  You were on here shilling about how he can't play well in December and that he was going to collapse down the stretch.  That didn't happen....

You were one of the Jimmy G shills who wanted to move on from Carr at all costs and was saying how Jimmy G's play would be better than Carr's at a fraction of the cost.  That blunder has cost us a playoff spot.  That has aged about as well as you shilling for Miami and how you put all this money on them to win the SB?  Nothing like giving hard earned cash to Vegas as Miami has no chance to win a SB this year.  ZERO! lol

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

But you and many others constantly said you can replace his production easily… 

3 QBs for us this year have all been worse. 

lot of people were wrong when it comes to Carr. Simply because he is pretty average, those who either love or hate him, are to strong sided. 

I never said Jimmy was going to replicate Carr's production, I've been the biggest Jimmy G critic of the entire FootballsFuture forum over the past 5 years, not just the Raider subforum. And sometimes you have to get worse at QB to eventually find your QB of the Future. There was zero point keeping Carr, he keeps you 6-9 wins every year and is below average. Always out of range of trading up in the draft. This year we are once again out of range though, but it's a deep QB class and we still should be able to land one of the Top 5 being Maye, Caleb, Penix, Jayden, or McCarthy. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

29 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Maybe if Carr would have put on a headset and supported the backup the last two games of last season he could have stayed. Instead he took his ball and went to NO. Only end up out of the playoffs too. 

We would have been in the Playoffs if we fired JMD after the Pittsburgh game. Stroud, Brissett , Carr or Stidham would have won the West. It was a tremendous failure on McDaniels part to not grab the #2 pick when available 

How do people forget this. Carr wasn't allowed in he building. It wasn't his choice to put a headset on or not. Due to his injury clause they wouldn't even let him work out in the team facilities Because of what they'd owe him if he was hurt. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You say excuses and I say facts.  He payed at a high level down the stretch as the team gelled and he got healthy.  You were on here shilling about how he can't play well in December and that he was going to collapse down the stretch.  That didn't happen....

You were one of the Jimmy G shills who wanted to move on from Carr at all costs.  That blunder has cost us a playoff spot.  That has aged about as well as you shilling for Miami and how you put all this money on them to win the SB?  Nothing like giving hard earned cash to Vegas as Miami has no chance to win a SB this year.  ZERO! lol

LMFAO, I have been the biggest Jimmy G critic on this entire forum for 5+ years, go ask the Niner subforum about my posts on Jimmy G. I have also said multiple times during the offseason that Carr is better than Jimmy.

The fact is sometimes you need to be bad for a year to get a good QB. We should have never signed Jimmy, went 5-12, and got an elite prospect.