Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ask "How is that an excuse" immediately followed by an excuse. All teams deal with injuries. You're basically saying maybe if Carr stays healthy that game, maybe they make the playoffs. Ok, what about all the other playoff bubble teams, including Green Bay? The Packers were one of the most banged up teams all year. Their Top 2 WR's missed a lot of time. Aaron Jones missed almost all year. Their defensive parts missed many games. They were one of the most injured teams every week. So, why are you making an excuse for the Saints, and not making excuses for the other playoff bubble teams like the Packers? You're looking at it from a very narrow-window. All teams get injuries, and you can use the injury excuse for almost every playoff-bubble team.

Head to head kind of forces a narrow view no? 
isn’t that the point of head to head tie breakers?

legit asking,.. I thought that was the point.. take out all other games, what happened when they played each other. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Head to head kind of forces a narrow view no? 
isn’t that the point of head to head tie breakers?

legit asking,.. I thought that was the point.. take out all other games, what happened when they played each other. 

You're not understanding this narrow-view thing, yet you keep displaying it. What about all the individual games the Packers lost Head 2 Head because of injuries? All they would need is one-two more wins, and the game against the Saints doesn't matter anyways.

You're looking at one game and one team. A very narrow-window point of view. You can go look at all the playoff bubble teams and award them wins due to injuries.

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You're not understanding this narrow-view thing, yet you keep displaying it. What about all the individual games the Packers lost Head 2 Head because of injuries? All they would need is one-two more wins, and the game against the Saints doesn't matter anyways.

You're looking at one game and one team. A very narrow-window point of view. You can go look at all the playoff bubble teams and award them wins due to injuries.

Listen, the saints never should’ve been in this position. That division should’ve been theirs. Carrs play first 2/3rd of the season is a big part of the reason they aren’t in the playoffs. 

yes all bubble teams had injuries.. including raiders, saints, gb etc etc. 

gb deserved to get in, they earned it, no doubt. 

just saying, they got a big break with that tie breaker with DC missing a half. 

but that’s an excuse I guess. 
I just hope next time we are in a head to head scenario.. the team we are playing loses their qb! 

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

And just like I said the Saints will be around .500 and miss the playoffs despite playing in the worst division in the league with arguably the easiest schedule in the league. Why? Because Carr sucks, too little, too late, the story of his career.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And just like I said the Saints will be around .500 and miss the playoffs despite playing in the worst division in the league with arguably the easiest schedule in the league. Why? Because Carr sucks, too little, too late, the story of his career.

😂 To be fair, he played very well down the stretch. That is the opposite of sucking. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

😂 To be fair, he played very well down the stretch. That is the opposite of sucking. 

He did play okay but to still not make the playoffs with that schedule and their defense speaks volume. But even if they made it they wouldn't have done much 

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

He certainly did suck for most of the year.

Four weeks ago, he had a 13/8 TD ratio with 37 passing yards entering the 4th quarter of the game against the lowly Panthers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

He did play okay but to still not make the playoffs with that schedule and their defense speaks volume. But even if they made it they wouldn't have done much 

Agreed, their scheduled was cake.

But now that the season is over, facts show their defense was putrid. Taking in account the EASY teams they played, their defense was bottom ten in the league in scoring allowed and pass defense. And mediocre in run defense. Their defense was literally one of the worst in the league this year. That argument may have worked weeks 1-4 but not now that they played an egg in 2023. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Agreed, their scheduled was cake.

But now that the season is over, facts show their defense was putrid. Taking in account the EASY teams they played, their defense was bottom ten in the league in scoring allowed and pass defense. And mediocre in run defense. Their defense was literally one of the worst in the league this year. That argument may have worked weeks 1-4 but not now that they played an egg in 2023. 

The games I watched of the Saints the defense won most of the games but either way you would think the QB be able to get you over the hump with that schedule. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

He certainly did suck for most of the year.

Four weeks ago, he had a 13/8 TD ratio with 37 passing yards entering the 4th quarter of the game against the lowly Panthers. 

Agreed. But to say he's only garbage all the time is just bias at its best. He has his ups and downs. He's the same he's always been. He's mediocre, who can succeed but only with a great surroundings. We saw it again this year with a sucky defense, he couldn't put a team on his back often enough. He did every now and then....just not enough

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raiderlife24 said:

The games I watched of the Saints the defense won most of the games but either way you would think the QB be able to get you over the hump with that schedule. 

You a casual. DC played turned up because he finally got over his bruised ribs. Wake up 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ask "How is that an excuse" immediately followed by an excuse. 

What did I excuse Carr of in that statement?

literally said the saints shouldn’t of even been in that position.

said Carr was terrible for 2/3rds of the season.

also, didn’t excuse Carr for bad play, if anything said it’s a tough break for NO..

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ask "How is that an excuse" immediately followed by an excuse. All teams deal with injuries. You're basically saying maybe if Carr stays healthy that game, maybe they make the playoffs. Ok, what about all the other playoff bubble teams, including Green Bay? The Packers were one of the most banged up teams all year. Their Top 2 WR's missed a lot of time. Aaron Jones missed almost all year. Their defensive parts missed many games. They were one of the most injured teams every week. So, why are you making an excuse for the Saints, and not making excuses for the other playoff bubble teams like the Packers? You're looking at it from a very narrow-window. All teams get injuries, and you can use the injury excuse for almost every playoff-bubble team.

This is also the flip of what you’ve been saying about our run under Rich to make the playoffs?
COVID, injuries etc etc.  

raiders deserved it that year as packers do this year. 

imo in order for something to be an excuse, you need to be excusing something lol. 
the gb had nothing to do with Carr him playing poorly in other games. 
im not excusing Carr of poor games this year. 

I literally said that one line down, the saints never should’ve put themselves in that position to need help to get in.

ive Also said carr played poorly for 2/3rd of the season. 

so I guess, what do you think I’m excusing Carr of?

You’re worked up over me not blaming the GB loss on Carr lol ?