Around The League V.2

Totty

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I wouldn’t say carr massive upgrade over aoc. But I was wrong about jimmy vs carr so yea

It's all good. I was also wrong about the Saints (Carr included) winning the division and they lost the tiebreaker and played pretty bad throughout the year.

I feel like it's pretty easy to just admit when we're wrong. I am wrong quite often and am happy to admit it.

• Like 2

Arthur Thomas fired.

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/breaking-atlanta-falcons-fires-head-coach

Ron Rivera fired.

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-firing-head-coach-ron-rivera-following-4-13-season

In other news, Commanders started their interviews.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-gm-tracker-latest-news-interviews-developments-in-2024-hiring-cycle

HC/GM INTERVIEWS
Washington Commanders
Washington Commanders
Head-coach interview requests

Lions DC Aaron Glenn
Lions OC Ben Johnson
Rams DC Raheem Morris
Ravens assistant HC, DL Anthony Weaver

Head of football operations interview requests

Chiefs assistant GM Mike Borgonzi
Browns assistant GM and VP of player personnel Glenn Cook 
Bears assistant general manager Ian Cunningham
49es assistant GM Adam Peters

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The majority of us didn’t say he was a savior. Just that we should get compensation, have a real plan to move on, and then pull the trigger on a good young qb. None of which happened and we severely downgraded without a single draft pick to show for it. A win is a win I guess?

Moving the goal posts, eh?

A good 50% of this board was preaching that Carr was finally in the perfect situation and that he'd lead them to the playoffs and contention. I was the only one who said they'd miss the playoffs, but I am somewhat of an expert.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Moving the goal posts, eh?

A good 50% of this board was preaching that Carr was finally in the perfect situation and that he'd lead them to the playoffs and contention. I was the only one who said they'd miss the playoffs, but I am somewhat of an expert.

You did that all season man. After doubling down on Jimmy.

Honestly, you won't want to hear this but we would have won more games with him that the **** we trotted out at QB this season.

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's all good. I was also wrong about the Saints (Carr included) winning the division and they lost the tiebreaker and played pretty bad throughout the year.

I feel like it's pretty easy to just admit when we're wrong. I am wrong quite often and am happy to admit it.

Yea if you gonna be bold enough to make a statement keep that same energy if you’re wrong Imo. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You did that all season man. After doubling down on Jimmy.

Honestly, you won't want to hear this but we would have won more games with him that the **** we trotted out at QB this season.

Unlikely considering he had a better defense, comparable weapons, and a better coaching staff in New Orleans with the easiest schedule in the league / playing in the worst division in football and the Saints only won one more game than us.

We never got to see Jimmy under the young goat head coach Pierce, only JMD who is a hack, Jimmy might have been MVP level under AP.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Unlikely considering he had a better defense, comparable weapons, and a better coaching staff in New Orleans with the easiest schedule in the league / playing in the worst division in football and the Saints only won one more game than us.

We never got to see Jimmy under the young goat head coach Pierce, only JMD who is a hack, Jimmy might have been MVP level under AP.

I thought about you when Jimmy got in the game yesterday lol aoc was looking like toast early so I was legit interested to see Jimmy in a series 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I am not part of the justin fields "Fan club" but Getsy makes Hardegree look like Sean McVay

@ronjon1990 would be proud

You're going to be limited as a play caller when your QB's biggest weakness is throwing a football.

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I thought about you when Jimmy got in the game yesterday lol aoc was looking like toast early so I was legit interested to see Jimmy in a series 

I think Jimmy could've taken this team deep with the young McVay calling plays

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Jimmy could've taken this team deep with the young McVay calling plays

Naw defense shifted into sell out on run cause Jimmy can’t thro mode soon as he got in the game 

• Like 2