Around The League V.2

Totty

3 hours ago, massraider said:

Check this out:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28313851/jaguars-lose-ruling-offseason-workout-fines

Can you imagine if you or your teammate was unfairly fined $700,000?  Coughlin is gone, but the clown show running the team remains.

The Khan's like to keep it classy with their fans, where they are busy running a EPL soccer team into the ground in England.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/12/fulham-vice-chairman-tony-khan-tells-fan-go-to-hell-twitter-row

Simple fact is, if you want out, and go quietly to the ownership, and respectfully ask them to trade you, and don't go public, you aren't going anywhere. There's exceptions, but by and large, squeaky wheel gets the grease. These players are in business too, same as the owners. You use what leverage you have. 

And pretty much any team would have taken the high road, and ignored Yannick's completely harmless tweet. Instead, the younger Khan has to engage. Dumb.

I believe I did say "something is definitely wrong in jax" did I not? either one taking their BS out in the public is wrong. but that's just strictly my opinion. I know the khan`s are tools.

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I believe I did say "something is definitely wrong in jax" did I not? either one taking their BS out in the public is wrong. but that's just strictly my opinion. I know the khan`s are tools.

You mentioned it, and then proceeded to complain about today's players and yada yada yada.

These guys are lucky if they play till they are 30, they need to do what's best for them.  Going public is how you force a hand. If he shows up and plays good soldier, he won't get dealt. 

Love to know what Yannick said that was so bad. I read his tweets, seems pretty tame to me. 

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

You mentioned it, and then proceeded to complain about today's players and yada yada yada.

These guys are lucky if they play till they are 30, they need to do what's best for them.  Going public is how you force a hand. If he shows up and plays good soldier, he won't get dealt. 

Love to know what Yannick said that was so bad. I read his tweets, seems pretty tame to me. 

I usually would say the player needs to let his agent handle things but seeing how soooo many players have issues with several members of management and the owner (and son) I say do whatever it takes within reason.  Force their hand, lower your trade value and hurt them... make them move your before it drops more.

• Like 1

im not judging the degree of tame or not and we`ll obviously agree to disagree. after AB`s BS im prepared to hear zero about social media use as a tool to get off your current team. I merely agreed with BP`s opinion. I wont argue teams have control and use p-layers I also wont be real long on sympathy for highly paid pro athletes. I even said its just a few that ruin it for the many. but I would hardly call that "yada yada yada" . have a great day!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I usually would say the player needs to let his agent handle things but seeing how soooo many players have issues with several members of management and the owner (and son) I say do whatever it takes within reason.  Force their hand, lower your trade value and hurt them... make them move your before it drops more.

think the moral of the story is: Sucks being a Jags fan right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, massraider said:

When has a player going public ever really worked in their favor? Calling out team executives on Twitter is a bad look for him. As a front office looking in, that'd be a huge turn off for me, especially for a player I'd have to give up significant draft capital to acquire. Plus he reportedly wants $22M per year when he hasn't proven to be that level of player. I could see another Clowney type situation where he gets traded for peanuts, his new team forces him to play on the tag next year, and he doesn't have nearly the market he was expecting to have in free agency. 

Very telling that two of the best players in Pats history wanted nothing to do with them. 

Gronk returning will be awesome. Hopefully the time he spent away allowed his body to heal. 

Glazer said he has already taken a physical with the Bucs. So seems like just a matter of time before trade goes down. 

Edited by agarcia34

Wow!! about the Gronk trade.

In other news Indy’s got Malik Hooker, FS ex-OSU #15 overall pick in ‘15 (actually slide a bit too), on the trade block.

hes got insane range... like elite top 3-5 in league. But has been banged up last few years. Still only 24... has this year and then 5th year option available (would have to pick it up soon).... only a cap of 2.2M if we trade for.  The 5th year option for a Safety drafted at 11-32 was 6.466M so I’d guess that he stays under $7M, if we pick it up.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=131344&DraftYear=2017

I guess he never ran a 40 at combine but was reported to be 4.39 or better.  He looked like it in games.  Has rare rare ability to make INT from far hash to sideline.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HookMa00.htm

https://sisdatahub.com/players/5020

what do You guys think of trading for Hooker?  Maybe include him in a swap of 19 for 34+44 deal.... they add Hooker we add 91?  What would he cost straight up?

Edited by jimkelly02