The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

Our biggest problem in the Rams game was our simple inability to stop the run. Even though that unit was a strength of our team all season it wouldn't shock me for this team to address it. Our inability to stop the run started on the DL which is RMs turf.

This team lives to disappoint. With the emergence of Richard, and the blinders firmly in place when it comes to our QB/OC/HC, I bet everyone returns except Marinelli.

Nothing to watch here SL is coming back.  It's disappointing.  We have seen what a fresh perspective can do but we continue to embrace the system that sees us spinning our wheels.  I'll always be a fan, but I think I will be less engaged when the season rolls around.  As I get older (55 in April) it just means less and less.

26 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Wonder if that does mean JG job may be one of those options.

It should be one of those options. We could fire Garrett right now and have a Tier 1 or 2 (depending on one’s opinion) coach in Mike McCarthy hired by the end of the week. Imagine what an intelligent offensive mind can do with this team.

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Our biggest problem in the Rams game was our simple inability to stop the run. Even though that unit was a strength of our team all season it wouldn't shock me for this team to address it. Our inability to stop the run started on the DL which is RMs turf.

This team lives to disappoint. With the emergence of Richard, and the blinders firmly in place when it comes to our QB/OC/HC, I bet everyone returns except Marinelli.

We couldn't run or stop the run. Pretty heart breaking when you think about it.

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

As bad as the DTs were (and they were putrid), if we had even a partially creative offense and a more capable QB, we still could’ve won the game. Quincy didn’t have a bad game, but he didn’t play anywhere near the level requisite that of a QB in the playoffs. While Linehan’s play calling is trash, much of that is also on Quincy himself for just not completing passes and playing above average.

What separates good QBs from mediocre ones and great ones from good ones are the number of times they can be counted on to put the team on their shoulders and win when other areas of the team fall flat. Quincy didn’t come remotely close to doing that.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

As bad as the DTs were (and they were putrid), if we had even a partially creative offense and a more capable QB, we still could’ve won the game. Quincy didn’t have a bad game, but he didn’t play anywhere near the level requisite that of a QB in the playoffs. While Linehan’s play calling is trash, much of that is also on Quincy himself for just not completing passes and playing above average.

Dak played an average Dak game. Ugly passes, ugly pocket work, bumbling and stumbling himself into a meme:cowboys.jpg?quality=90

With a dropped interception, and a TD that was rooted in YAC. 

I don't think he did anything especially worse than he normally does. He only took one sack. The difference was our defense wasn't all world that day. 

Like when you hold the NO Saints to 10 points you should win by more than a FG. The 22 points we put up was enough to win most of our games. Not because 22 points is great but because our defense was.

I also hold Linehan accountable for the running game. The guy doesn't have a good feel for running the ball, and the packages he uses to run the ball out of are often questionable. Everyone jumps on SL when Dak screws up and they forget that he is in charge of the run game to. We started the game in I formation and I thought we were going right at them but it was a toss. Then we lined some TEs off tackle for a stretch play but attacked the A gap, and how many times are we going to get stuffed running out of shotgun 3 wide before we adjust?

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

ok, I am changing my leave of absence until the time it becomes official that SL is staying or going. I guess one week we should know for sure. But if SL stays than I am definitely gone I don't want to recycle again this whole year both on the field and on here. It's just too much nonsense to go through again

As for me being optimistic yes I am over Dallas as a team and Dak has a quarterback, but never ever am I optimistic on our coaching or front office concerning the technical part of playing the game. In fact anyone who is optimistic about that part is definitely being blind

LAME!!!  Man the eff up and suffer like the rest of us.  Hell, if taking a leave of absence was an option due to coaching issues... the forum would be dead post Jimmy.

Until fans start doing what I do - stop buying merchandise and refuse to go to games - nothing will matter. You have to hit Jerry in the pocketbook. He doesn’t care about anything more than making money. So, if you keep buying jerseys, tickets, etc., while he keeps trotting out garbage like Garrett and Linehan, he’ll see it as reason to continue.

Stop feeding the beast and let it starve. 

Just now, plan9misfit said:

Until fans start doing what I do - stop buying merchandise and refuse to go to games - nothing will matter. You have to hit Jerry in the pocketbook. He doesn’t care about anything more than making money. So, if you keep buying jerseys, tickets, etc., while he keeps trotting out garbage like Garrett and Linehan, he’ll see it as reason to continue.

Stop feeding the beast and let it starve. 

Your casual fan isn't going to though, that's the thing. 

JG on making decisions about his staff:

“Like with everything they’re all collaborative decisions,” he said. “I do not own the team. Jerry Jones owns the team. Ultimately, he has final say over everything we do here. But I do believe our relationship is very collaborative.

Archived