Raiders Defense

Rolni

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Let me know when Yannick is a 5x All-Pro, 7x Pro-Bowler, and named to the All-Decade team. Antonio clearly has/had mental health issues which is why his career has spiraled out of control a little bit before he went into a winning locker room. And even in Tampa Bay his production was 1/4th of what it was in Pittsburgh. So based on that logic we should expect 1/4th the the production from Yannick which would be 2 sacks? 

I was just using your logic, 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's a complimentary pass rusher because his best years of production have came while playing on stacked defensive lines where another player out produced him. 

AB is a complimentary WR, because again, your logic,
his best years of production have came while playing on stacked WR corps. 
In 2018, ABs best year? even his teamates voted Juju as the MVP (this was a joke though)
-
so again, your logic just replaced pass rusher with WR, to show your logic is off here. 

AB makes those units stacked. 
just ike yannick played a role in those dlines being stacked. 

Obviously AB is a better WR than Yannick is DE,  just was showing why the logic is off. 

Yes yannick doesnt have 7 probowls, but this is a classic, hate on a guy for not having 7 probowls even though hes only been in the league 5 years .
The guy has been extremely productive in his NFL career so far. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

So if someone isn't one of the three or four all pros that play the position and then they're automatically a complementary pass rusher according to your criteria. Got it 

Yannick has ranked 25th, 33rd, 23rd, 8th, and 30th in sacks in his 5 seasons in the NFL. In only his rookie season did he lead the Jaguars in sacks and they were one of the worst pass rushing teams in the NFL. And as I pointed out above his one year of top 10 sack production was kinda flukey because he had 9 sacks against 4 horrible teams and 3 sacks in his other 12 games. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm talking about sacks in general. He has been a 10+ sack guy once in his career and even that year his production is skewed. 

He had 12 sacks but 2 came against Houston (4-12 team allowed 54 sacks), 2 came against the Jets (5-11 team allowed 47 sacks), 2.5 came against Indianapolis (5-11 team allowed 56 sacks), and 2.5 came against Cleveland (0-16 team allowed 50 sacks). So 75% of his production came in 4 games against 4 of the worst teams in the league.  

any player with 10+ sacks is probably going to have a couple of mult sacks games. 
Not sure id say thats skewed. That is just how numbers work. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yannick has ranked 25th, 33rd, 23rd, 8th, and 30th in sacks in his 5 seasons in the NFL. In only his rookie season did he lead the Jaguars in sacks and they were one of the worst pass rushing teams in the NFL. And as I pointed out above his one year of top 10 sack production was kinda flukey because he had 9 sacks against 4 horrible teams and 3 sacks in his other 12 games. 

So in order to not be a complimentary pass rusher you have to get at least 10 sacks every season right? Things like having more pressure than everyone else doesn't matter right?

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm talking about sacks in general. He has been a 10+ sack guy once in his career and even that year his production is skewed. 

He had 12 sacks but 2 came against Houston (4-12 team allowed 54 sacks), 2 came against the Jets (5-11 team allowed 47 sacks), 2.5 came against Indianapolis (5-11 team allowed 56 sacks), and 2.5 came against Cleveland (0-16 team allowed 50 sacks). So 75% of his production came in 4 games against 4 of the worst teams in the league.  

but wait, Yannick only played on stacked Dlines right??
but those players played against those same teams...  so they must also be skewed? 
So they cant be good players because they played those bad teams too.

Right?

Just now, BackinBlack said:

I was just using your logic, 

AB is a complimentary WR, because again, your logic,
his best years of production have came while playing on stacked WR corps. 
In 2018, ABs best year? even his teamates voted Juju as the MVP (this was a joke though)
-
so again, your logic just replaced pass rusher with WR, to show your logic is off here. 

AB makes those units stacked. 
just ike yannick played a role in those dlines being stacked. 

Obviously AB is a better WR than Yannick is DE,  just was showing why the logic is off. 

Yes yannick doesnt have 7 probowls, but this is a classic, hate on a guy for not having 7 probowls even though hes only been in the league 5 years .
The guy has been extremely productive in his NFL career so far. 

AB isn't a complimentary receiver because he had an 8 year period where he was one of the most productive receivers in the history of the NFL. He played with a stacked receiving corps? He played with JuJu for 2 seasons and before that his best teammate in terms of receiver was Martavis Bryant? Brown is a first ballot hall of famer and one of the elite of the elite to ever play the sport. 

Yannick has been a double digit sack guy once in his career and was the Jaguars leader in sacks one time in 4 seasons there. In the other 3 seasons he was outplayed by Campbell and Josh Allen. There's a reason that Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Baltimore let him go, none of those teams wanted to pay him elite money when he has never proven to be a consistent double digit sack guy and is average against the run at best. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

So in order to not be a complimentary pass rusher you have to get at least 10 sacks every season right? Things like having more pressure than everyone else doesn't matter right?

I think in order to not be a complimentary pass rusher you need to be a good 3 down player so you can stay on the field and also be able to lead your own team in sacks. Something we haven't really seen Yannick do. He did do an excellent job of complimenting Campbell and Allen though. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

AB isn't a complimentary receiver because he had an 8 year period where he was one of the most productive receivers in the history of the NFL. He played with a stacked receiving corps? He played with JuJu for 2 seasons and before that his best teammate in terms of receiver was Martavis Bryant? Brown is a first ballot hall of famer and one of the elite of the elite to ever play the sport. 

Yannick has been a double digit sack guy once in his career and was the Jaguars leader in sacks one time in 4 seasons there. In the other 3 seasons he was outplayed by Campbell and Josh Allen. There's a reason that Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Baltimore let him go, none of those teams wanted to pay him elite money when he has never proven to be a consistent double digit sack guy and is average against the run at best. 

The steelers have a history of having some of the best WR corps in the league. 
Im shocked your going to try and argue they havent been in the last 8 years. 
Ill bow out, and let you have that LOL, im not going to debate it. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

but wait, Yannick only played on stacked Dlines right??
but those players played against those same teams...  so they must also be skewed? 
So they cant be good players because they played those bad teams too.

Right?

Yannick was outplayed by Campbell and Allen for multiple years not just his one double digit sack year. 

The steelers have a history of having some of the best WR corps in the league. 
Im shocked your going to try and argue they havent been in the last 8 years. 
Ill bow out, and let you have that LOL, im not going to debate it. 

You're right, Brown a future first ballot HOF sucks, and Yannick who has played for more NFL teams than Ryan Fitzpatrick in an 8 month period is the GOAT. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You're right, Brown a future first ballot HOF sucks, and Yannick who has played for more NFL teams than Ryan Fitzpatrick in an 8 month period is the GOAT. 

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Hahah classic turn to just start putting words in my mouth, even though ive already said AB is better then Yannick. LOL of course. 
was again just pointing to a flaw in your logic. 

24. YANNICK NGAKOUE, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Ngakoue should give some new life to the pass rush under first-year defensive coordinator Gus Bradley. He has recorded at least 42 pressures in each of his first five NFL seasons, with pass-rushing grades of 74.5 or higher in each of the past four years. Ngakoue just hasn’t quite gotten back to the dominance he flashed in 2017 as a pass-rusher, nor has he graded above 60.0 in any season against the run

Hahah classic turn to just start putting words in my mouth, even though ive already said AB is better then Yannick. LOL of course. 
was again just pointing to a flaw in your logic. 

Read the PFF summary about him, "Yannick hasn't been able to get back to his dominant 2017 pass rushing level." If we had 2017 Yannick and 2016 Carr, we may be the greatest team ever.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Read the PFF summary about him, "Yannick hasn't been able to get back to his dominant 2017 pass rushing level." If we had 2017 Yannick and 2016 Carr, we may be the greatest team ever.

what I dont like about that PFF summary, 
they say hes had 42 pressures in each of his 5 seasons. . . which is around top 10 in pressures. 
but only give him a 74 pass rushing grade. 

But then profootball reference shows him below 42 pressures the last 2 years. . . so I am not sure what to believe. 

I havent watched all of his games, but my brothers are vikings fans, and they loved the guy. 
he jumps off the screen when I watched him too

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I havent watched all of his games, but my brothers are vikings fans, and they loved the guy. 
he jumps off the screen when I watched him too

I like Yannick and think he'll definitely be a big improvement over what we've had. If Crosby can make a leap as well our pass rush should be good but I just don't think Yannick is some dominant, elite player. He has been at his best when playing with another good pass rusher, luckily we have one in Crosby. 

• Like 1