Raiders Defense

Rolni

Just now, NYRaider said:

What other elite player has been on 4 teams within a year?

1. Let me start by saying I never actually called him elite. I just said that he wasn't a complimentary pass rusher. I notice something that you routinely do to make a point is try to accuse me of saying something I didn't. 

2. Interesting word play how you're trying to say that he was on 4 teams within a year when In reality he played for two teams last season. 

3. What other players do you consider complimentary pass rushers that have had eight or more sacks in every season they've played? Or have an average of 51.4 pressures per season? 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

1. Let me start by saying I never actually called him elite. I just said that he wasn't a complimentary pass rusher. I notice something that you routinely do to make a point is try to accuse me of saying something I didn't. 

2. Interesting word play how you're trying to say that he was on 4 teams within a year when In reality he played for two teams last season. 

3. What other players do you consider complimentary pass rushers that have had eight or more sacks in every season they've played? Or have an average of 51.4 pressures per season? 

Jags traded him, Vikings traded him, and Ravens let him walk after trading for him.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Noticed you ignored the question I asked.

But to correct your word play, how many games did he play for the Jaguars last year? 

The Jaguars traded him, the Vikings cut their losses and traded him for less, and the Ravens let him walk after trading for him. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Jaguars traded him, the Vikings cut their losses and traded him for less, and the Ravens let him walk after trading for him. 

OK we're doing better(we're starting to straighten out the facts now.) Now answer this what teams: did he PLAY FOR last year during the 16 game regular season?

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK we're doing better(we're starting to straighten out the facts now.) Now answer this what teams: did he PLAY FOR last year during the 16 game regular season?

He was traded by Jacksonville during training camp after becoming a huge off the field distraction for the team. He played 6/7 games for Minnesota, they traded him for less than what they gave up for him to Baltimore, and then the Ravens let him walk in free agency. 

He had 8 sacks last season and 4 of them came against the Texans and Jaguars, who had two of the worst offensive lines in the league. Ideally though Yannick and Crosby will be able to replicate what he and Allen did in Jacksonville together off the edge.

I'd love nothing more than for Yannick to make a leap this year and become a dominant pass rusher for us this season. But his best years of production came while playing on defensive lines that had multiple other pro bowl pass rushers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He was traded by Jacksonville during training camp after becoming a huge off the field distraction for the team. He played 6/7 games for Minnesota, they traded him for less than what they gave up for him to Baltimore, and then the Ravens let him walk in free agency. 

He had 8 sacks last season and 4 of them came against the Texans and Jaguars, who had two of the worst offensive lines in the league. Ideally though Yannick and Crosby will be able to replicate what he and Allen did in Jacksonville together off the edge.

I'd love nothing more than for Yannick to make a leap this year and become a dominant pass rusher for us this season. But his best years of production came while playing on defensive lines that had multiple other pro bowl pass rushers. 

So basically what I’m hearing is that he’s a complimentary pass rusher because he was traded twice in last because (after being on the the same team for 4 season where he never had less 8 Sacks and has had as much as 12.5) and because he doesn’t play the run well lol

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What other elite player has been on 4 teams within a year?

Antonio Brown is similar to this then right?
Pitts trades to us in offseason, Raiders Cut, Pats Cut, Tampa signs in offseason. . . Superbowl. 

Bam. 😇
It takes an elite talent to get that many chances?

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Minnesota was 1-5 when they traded him. They traded him for a team to have him for only 9 games b/c he was on a franchise tag. So, that alone would lower his value. Them being 1-5 and then trading him was all about recouping what they could. He had 5 sacks and 2 FF through his first 5 games with MIN, so he was playing good ball. The Ravens let him walk b/c he wasn't worth the 2nd year franchise money. A second franchise tag for a DE would be about $19 mil. So that would make sense.

I don't think the guy is *elite*, but this narrative of Minny just traded him away just to get rid of him and Baltimore didn't want him anymore needs some perspective. 

• Like 1