πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

We regressed because of injuries to key positions and facing the toughest stretch of schedule to start the season. Other than maybe the 49ers I don't think many teams are expected to win starting their 3rd string QB.

I never said we were Superbowl-caliber level team, but I believe we were a playoff-worthy team.Β 

It's not like Daniel Jones was lighting it up. You guys had to make a crazy comeback against another team expected to pick first overall before the start of the season, starting Josh Dobbs.Β 

You guys were going to regress no matter what, but yes injuries likely exacerbated the issue. But it's a win in my book. You guys were going nowhere with Daniel Jones, now you guys can get a legit Franchise QB in Williams or Maye if you play your cards right.

10 hours ago, Danger said:

It's not like Daniel Jones was lighting it up. You guys had to make a crazy comeback against another team expected to pick first overall before the start of the season, starting Josh Dobbs.

I agree but at the time the only thing worst than needing a crazy comeback would be losing to them like one other pretender NFC East team did.

Β 

10 hours ago, Danger said:

ou guys were going to regress no matter what, but yes injuries likely exacerbated the issue. But it's a win in my book. You guys were going nowhere with Daniel Jones, now you guys can get a legit Franchise QB in Williams or Maye if you play your cards right.

I now agree, I was a big supporter of Daniel Jones believing that only a Top 5 QB could make plays behind our bad offensive line. Then I saw Tyrod Taylor making plays behind the same bad offensive line. If Tyrod can do it then any above-average QB can do it. We need to upgrade atΒ  QB to compete with the Eagles and Cowboys.

Bigger Mirage?

2022 Daboll/Jones

2023 Bienemy/Howell

Β 

We've had years to see/ already know Danny pesos sucked but Daboll miraculously fixed him. So the Giants FO thought.Β 

With Howell, this is his first real opportunity and Bienemy is making Commander fans like Daboll and the Giants last year believe he is the FQB moving forward.Β 

Question though.

What happens when Rivera is fired or will he be? Are they promoting Bienemy to HC? If they didn't,Β  why would Eric stay on as OC for whomever was hired if passed over again for a HC position?Β 

I'm curious if EB finally gets a HC job elsewhere if Washington doesn't Promote him? They basically have to or what happens to Howell in 2024 with a new HC/OC?

Β 

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Bigger Mirage?

2022 Daboll/Jones

2023 Bienemy/Howell

Β 

We've had years to see/ already know Danny pesos sucked but Daboll miraculously fixed him. So the Giants FO thought.Β 

With Howell, this is his first real opportunity and Bienemy is making Commander fans like Daboll and the Giants last year believe he is the FQB moving forward.Β 

Question though.

What happens when Rivera is fired or will he be? Are they promoting Bienemy to HC? If they didn't,Β  why would Eric stay on as OC for whomever was hired if passed over again for a HC position?Β 

I'm curious if EB finally gets a HC job elsewhere if Washington doesn't Promote him? They basically have to or what happens to Howell in 2024 with a new HC/OC?

Β 

It's all possible. I have always been of the camp Howell has talent and getting him in the 5th was robbery. I don't necessarily believe that all of Howell's stats this year are just because of EB. It'll be interesting to see what happens this offseason.Β 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

I meant in terms of offensive playcalling.Β 

I still don't think Bienamy should be at the top of anyone's HC candidates list.

Me neither but Washington is or will be backed into a corner if/when Rivera is fired.Β 

Hire EB as the next HC

Or

A disgruntled OC under contractΒ  forced to work for another HC, if said HC even wants him?

Then what if that occured for Sam Howell?

Edited by Nabbs4u

53 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Me neither but Washington is or will be backed into a corner if/when Rivera is fired.Β 

Hire EB as the next HC

Or

A disgruntled OC under contractΒ  forced to work for another HC, if said HC even wants him?

Then what if that occured for Sam Howell?

All I know is, Eric Bienamy ain't the answer. Go for someone outside. It's not hard.Β 

On 11/15/2023 at 1:03 PM, Danger said:

I meant in terms of offensive playcalling.Β 

As a coach Daboll has been horrible this year. As an offensive play-caller the calls have been pretty bad this year. Part of that is due to the limits we have at QB and another is that our offensive coordinator has been the one calling the plays (which have mostly been bad at key times).

25 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Jalen Hurts has won more games in his past 25 starts than daniel jones has won games in his career as a 5 year starter.

Well it also goes without saying that the Giants have pretty much been bad for the entirety of Jones career and the better part of a decade.