🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Id arrest him to. Fanny packs are atrocious. But the bump was just dumb drunkenness.

PS - I know the Dak debate is getting tired, but its relevant information in the NFC E thread:

- (28) less total TDs than Kirk Cousins (31).

- (96.9) Qb rating, worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick (100.4).

- (2.75-1) TD-INT ratio is worse than Deshaun Watson.

- (4,190) total yards is less than Eli Manning (4,299).  His (3,885) passing yards are less than Case Keenum (3,890).  

- (67.7%) is worse than Marcus Mariota's (68.9%).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

- (28) less total TDs than Kirk Cousins (31).

- (96.9) Qb rating, worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick (100.4).

- (2.75-1) TD-INT ratio is worse than Deshaun Watson.

- (4,190) total yards is less than Eli Manning (4,299).  His (3,885) passing yards are less than Case Keenum (3,890).  

- (67.7%) is worse than Marcus Mariota's (68.9%).

Your dedication in trying to discredit him is nothing short of admirable. 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Took me 5 minutes, it isn't hard.  

Yeah, do it the same way the guy did the original list.

Come up with good/bad QB..open stats, open Dak Stats...find stat were Dak has an edge or the bad QB does, if he doesnt bend it with an extra inclusion. repeat til satisfied

39 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

For real. Mahomes notwithstanding, (even though he had arguably the best QB season of all time in his lone starting season  :lol eyeroll:) lets take some of the best QBs of this generation, statistically compare them to Dak in handpicked categories, in which they had down years, and try and elevate the guy. Not to mention these QBs, in those stats listed, have like 8-12 better seasons on their resume. People will go to great lengths to try and tell everyone that this guy is good. Nothing like I’ve ever seen. Meanwhile, if someone is good, I don’t need to be told over and over and over again. It should already be clearly apparent. Which it clearly isn’t. The guy is a decent QB. With room to grow. Why do people feel the need to beat you over the head with stats that try to prove it. Seems very insecure to me. 

No QB had a bad year last year. This is a forum. By definition its for discussion. Its the offseason. Debating about Dak is going to be one of the only topics for the next 3 months. And using stats as the basis for that debate is the only logical way.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, do it the same way the guy did the original list.

Come up with good/bad QB..open stats, open Dak Stats...find stat were Dak has an edge or the bad QB does, if he doesnt bend it with an extra inclusion. repeat til satisfied

Maybe I should have just posted the entire article? The one that showed Dak is being the #2 passer in the league on throws over 30 yards. Perhaps that would have been a more compelling argument. Especially becase Nabbs still calls him a dink and dunk passer.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

No QB had a bad year last year. This is a forum. By definition its for discussion. Its the offseason. Debating about Dak is going to be one of the only topics for the next 3 months. And using stats as the basis for that debate is the only logical way.

If you want to argue there is value in Dak's play based on his current contract (cheap) and win/loss record to date then fine.  But trying to pimp his stats is pretty silly when you see him behind passing yards of a guy like Case Keenum who just got dumped for a late round 2020 pick swap.  

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers had an off year, the Patriots went to largely running the ball and the td to int stat is a dumb stat. Rewards simple and safe play

Just now, Kiltman said:

Stuff like that is why I've moved off of stats, they are good tools but they get used in the dumbest way.

Tape and watching the games becomes meaningless

People have bias. You are naturally biased against him. Obviously I am on the other side. But the stats back up my line of thinking. If you had stats to prove he sucked you would use them..... They dont exist so you dont. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe I should have just posted the entire article? The one that showed Dak is being the #2 passer in the league on throws over 30 yards. Perhaps that would have been a more compelling argument. Especially becase Nabbs still calls him a dink and dunk passer.

sure, i just saw what you posted and then the other similar arguments defending the cowboys.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

People have bias. You are naturally biased against him. Obviously I am on the other side. But the stats back up my line of thinking. If you had stats to prove he sucked you would use them..... They dont exist so you dont. 

They are there, you don't use them. And the tape is a better way at evaluating anyway. Tells you a larger story.

I have no bias because he's Dak, because he's the Cowboys QB....I have "bias" against because I haven't been that impressed by watching him. I see all the flaws in his game.
Specifically when talking about him as a "franchise" QB and paying him as such.

Right now he's a bargain, as soon as he's signed to a new deal he's likely going to get he will be one of the most overvalued players at his position.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If you want to argue there is value in Dak's play based on his current contract (cheap) and win/loss record to date then fine.  But trying to pimp his stats is pretty silly when you see him behind passing yards of a guy like Case Keenum who just got dumped for a late round 2020 pick swap.  

Just now, Kiltman said:

Rodgers had an off year, the Patriots went to largely running the ball and the td to int stat is a dumb stat. Rewards simple and safe play

This is exactly the point. Football rewards efficiency. Its what makes Dak so successful. Ive stated it a million times, but you have an over 80% win rate throwing less than 200 yards, 1 TD and no INTs. Smart, efficient football is how you win in this league. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is exactly the point. Football rewards efficiency. Its what makes Dak so successful. Ive stated it a million times, but you have an over 80% win rate throwing less than 200 yards, 1 TD and no INTs. Smart, efficient football is how you win in this league. 

That's valid,  but I think you can find someone who does what Dak does for a whole lot less money than he is going to want.  I've stated many times that I think he's a valuable player on his current contract.  He's going to be one of the most overpaid players in the league soon though.  

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They are there, you don't use them. And the tape is a better way at evaluating anyway. Tells you a larger story.

I have no bias because he's Dak, because he's the Cowboys QB....I have "bias" against because I haven't been that impressed by watching him. I see all the flaws in his game.
Specifically when talking about him as a "franchise" QB and paying him as such.

Right now he's a bargain, as soon as he's signed to a new deal he's likely going to get he will be one of the most overvalued players at his position.

IF you didnt hate Dak I would question your fandom. Its natural. 

The last time we saw Dak without Zeke he put up huge numbers. And then the next week he made the game winning drive in an epic fashion against the Seahawks. The tape looked pretty good there. And even though we lost to the Rams, Dak was the only player who showed up. Zeke and our Defense pooped the bed.