πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

For your other point - I doubt any starters play after this weekend.Β 

Yeah, that's my thought too unfortunately. On the bright side at least I'll know if we make it through this preseason game healthy that all of the guys on the team who are important are pretty much all healthy. That would be a big win.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd be cool being the new Browns. They are now one of the fewΒ model franchises. Just don't wanna become the old Browns.

You know what I meant. A New version of the old browns. Maybe I should have said the new Lions.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You know what I meant. A New version of the old browns. Maybe I should have said the new Lions.

Yeah, I know lol.Β 

Lions haven't won a playoff game since before I was born. That's wild. It was a thrashing of the Cowboys too... 38-6. Wouldn't have expected that. Just checked the statline and Sanders only had 69 yards rushing. Odd.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I know lol.Β 

Lions haven't won a playoff game since before I was born. That's wild. It was a thrashing of the Cowboys too... 38-6. Wouldn't have expected that. Just checked the statline and Sanders only had 69 yards rushing. Odd.

Β 

everyone always craps on the Lions of the 90's and say it was all Sanders and everyone else sucks. But the reality is that the lions duo of WRs were actually the most (or very near it, I forget) productive in NFL history for a season in the 90's. His story had been greatly romanticized by NFL fans.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Once again.... no one said Fitz isn't better than Smith/Haskins......

We are saying that your QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick, known journeyman who is turning 39 this year.

If you want meΒ to say he is an upgrade, that isn't really a debate.

If you want me to say I am now scared Washington is a good team because they have Ryan Fitzpatrick.... sorry but I am not.

Absolutely. That defense is really going to have to carry still. You're not going to win a shootout.Β 

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't be the only one that feels like the Giants are looking like they're going to be a disaster this season.

Most people seem to feel that on here, I don't see why. The GiantsΒ almost swept the entire division last year and it is a better team this year.

The three reason that seem to come up theΒ most is the offensive line, Daniel Jones and Joe Judge. The offensive line I can agree with people here on, Daniel Jones and Joe Judge I disagree.

Daniel Jones had to work behind the worst offensive line, had below average wideouts, without Saquon he had below average running backs while having to learn a brand new offensive system with no training camp or preseason games to help advance him. There is maybe 5-7 Qb's that would be able to still succeed having to deal with all of those issues. Is DJ great, no. Can he be a good QB, I believe he can be with some support.Β 

As for Joe Judge, people here seem to think the team is going to tune him out. That is not happening, they could have tuned him out when they went 1-7 at the first half of the season, they stuck with him and went 5-3 in the second half. It is very possible some of the newly signed veterans that retired couldn't tolerate how he does things. That is fine, the Patriot Way is not for everyone. However has anyone that was on the team last year say anything bad about him. Judge changed the culture of the team and they have bought in.Β 

Outside of the offensive line I see mostly good things for the Giants and believe we will do very well this season.Β 

Frankly I feel like Joe Judge was quite possibly the worst possible head coach you could've hired, and will likely ruin and chance Daniel Jones had of being your long term guy.Β 

1. BB guys have always sucked.
2. He was a WR coach for quite possibly the worst WR group in memory.
3. His background is Special Teams, sure you have John Harbaugh, but usually that's not the recipe for success.
4. His team is clearly not receptive to him.

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Frankly I feel like Joe Judge was quite possibly the worst possible head coach you could've hired, and will likely ruin and chance Daniel Jones had of being your long term guy.Β 

1. BB guys have always sucked.
2. He was a WR coach for quite possibly the worst WR group in memory.
3. His background is Special Teams, sure you have John Harbaugh, but usually that's not the recipe for success.
4. His team is clearly not receptive to him.

I clearly feel differently and believe Judge is the best hire. Many people were saying the same things about Tom Coughlin. We did well under Coughlin we will do well under Judge.

1. The Titans and Dolphins are doing well enough.

2. Did you look at the Patriots wideout players, they were and still are the among the worst wideout group in memory.

3. Who says doing the usual thing is always the right thing?

4. Mind giving the proof of that statement? Kevin Zeitler who was cut by theΒ Giants has said nothing but great things about Joe Judge.

Edited by Go_Giants