🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak did his job against ARod. The defense let him down. We were also up against the Rams late in the 4th when a ball bounced off T.Williams chest into the arms of a defender for a pick 6. Our lowest score in the last 4 games is 30 even.

The difference is Wentz is protected by one of the leagues best defenses while Dak is continuously let down by his.

But if you look at the QBs individually the stats are about the same. Two more TDs for Wentz but 2 more turn overs as well. Near identical.

Our defense gives up 3.5 fewer points per game, and actually gives up more yardage. Gives up more yards per play. Has more penalty yards per game. Want to know the only reason our defense is statistically better? Because we lead the league in Time of Possession. They're not on the field TOO often. That takes the offense being able to sustain drives.

5 hours ago, Phire said:

Birds played in the same storm.

Right, and I've read several of you say he was off today. Or not on his A game. A look at the stat sheet says that he was 56%, had a pick and was sacked 3 times against the 49ers. Dak was 64%, wasn't sacked at all and had 3 TDs 0 picks against the same team the week before. 

Yesterday was a sloppy rain game that won't be the norm. Wentz obviously struggled in some aspects.

5 hours ago, Phire said:

Birds played in the same storm.

Right, and I've read several of you say he was off today. Or not on his A game. A look at the stat sheet says that he was 56%, had a pick and was sacked 3 times against the 49ers. Dak was 64%, wasn't sacked at all and had 3 TDs 0 picks against the same team the week before. 

Yesterday was a sloppy rain game that won't be the norm. Wentz obviously struggled in some aspects.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Our defense gives up 3.5 fewer points per game, and actually gives up more yardage. Gives up more yards per play. Has more penalty yards per game. Want to know the only reason our defense is statistically better? Because we lead the league in Time of Possession. They're not on the field TOO often. That takes the offense being able to sustain drives.

The Eagles defense is better than the Cowboys. I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees with that. We could put up a poll. At the very least you have a better scheme.

Just now, DaBoys said:

The Eagles defense is better than the Cowboys. I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees with that. We could put up a poll. At the very least you have a better scheme.

I know the Eagles defense is "better" but the gap isn't as wide as many make it out to be. The Eagles are in the upper half of the league, that's for sure, but they're far from elite as a collective unit. Injuries sure haven't helped.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

I know the Eagles defense is "better" but the gap isn't as wide as many make it out to be. The Eagles are in the upper half of the league, that's for sure, but they're far from elite as a collective unit. Injuries sure haven't helped.

We have a dominate front four, but past that our defense is extremely mediocre, especially minus Hicks and Darby. A year ago our secondary was the worst in the NFL, and there aren't many new faces back there. The defense is a key piece to our success, but to claim it is somehow carrying Wentz to victory or claiming his success is based on the Defenses play is hard to prove at best.

That said, our defense is absolutely better than the Cowboys and is likely to get better if we get healthier.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Dak is better at minimizing risks, Carson is better at making plays. Two good young QBs who have much different styles of play. Right now, they are both playing very well and are in the playoff race. Eagles fans probably prefer Carson, Cowboys fans like Dak. Right now, there is no one argument that says one is clearly better than the other, so we just have to wait and see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dak did his job against ARod. The defense let him down. We were also up against the Rams late in the 4th when a ball bounced off T.Williams chest into the arms of a defender for a pick 6. Our lowest score in the last 4 games is 30 even.

The difference is Wentz is protected by one of the leagues best defenses while Dak is continuously let down by his.

But if you look at the QBs individually the stats are about the same. Two more TDs for Wentz but 2 more turn overs as well. Near identical.

That was the Packer game. 

Dak does his job until the 2nd half is what you should say. And then costs them games or doesn't do enough to win. 

Lets not even talk about the Denver game. 

Cowboys' 2nd half offense vs Rams:

24-16

5 plays - punt

5 plays - punt 

3 plays - punt 

3 play - INT turnover - leads to Rams game winning FG

5 plays - TD

10 plays - turnover on downs 

cowboys lose  30-35

Cowboys' second half offense vs Packers

21-12

6 plays - punt

8 plays - FG

2 plays - INT turnover - pick 6 gives up the lead 

17 plays - TD - gets lead back 

2 plays - laterals to end the game 

cowboys lose 31-35

The Eagles do have a good defense, for the most part, yes. But to say the difference between Carson and Dak is that "Carson is protected by his defense" is utter nonsense. The Cowboys give up 3.5 more points a game than the Eagles. 3.5 point "protection" I guess. If Dallas gave up 3.5 less a game, your record is still the same. The only protection here is that Dak is protected by his run game and when they can't lean on the run game, he struggles and they lose. 

You can bulk stats to craft your argument to compare Wentz/Prescott but a finer scope into the Cowboy's offense reveals, in those losses, the Cowboys scored a total of 16 points in the second half of those games. 16. And 16 when they needed more and counted on production and can't get it from Dak. 23 total points in the 2nd half of their losses. Dak is good for 7.6 points a half when they need him. Hell, just a quick check says Dak was involved directly or indirectly giving up 20 points off his turnovers in those games. So Dak is scoring 23 and single handedly giving up 20. There's a reason he's not mentioned in those MVP debates but Wentz is although they have similar stats. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That was the Packer game. 

Dak does his job until the 2nd half is what you should say. And then costs them games or doesn't do enough to win. 

Lets not even talk about the Denver game. 

Cowboys' 2nd half offense vs Rams:

24-16

5 plays - punt

5 plays - punt 

3 plays - punt 

3 play - INT turnover - leads to Rams game winning FG

5 plays - TD

10 plays - turnover on downs 

cowboys lose  30-35

Cowboys' second half offense vs Packers

21-12

6 plays - punt

8 plays - FG

2 plays - INT turnover - pick 6 gives up the lead 

17 plays - TD - gets lead back 

2 plays - laterals to end the game 

cowboys lose 31-35

The Eagles do have a good defense, for the most part, yes. But to say the difference between Carson and Dak is that "Carson is protected by his defense" is utter nonsense. The Cowboys give up 3.5 more points a game than the Eagles. 3.5 point "protection" I guess. If Dallas gave up 3.5 less a game, your record is still the same. The only protection here is that Dak is protected by his run game and when they can't lean on the run game, he struggles and they lose. 

You can bulk stats to craft your argument to compare Wentz/Prescott but a finer scope into the Cowboy's offense reveals, in those losses, the Cowboys scored a total of 16 points in the second half of those games. 16. And 16 when they needed more and counted on production and can't get it from Dak. 23 total points in the 2nd half of their losses. Dak is good for 7.6 points a half when they need him. Hell, just a quick check says Dak was involved directly or indirectly giving up 20 points off his turnovers in those games. So Dak is scoring 23 and single handedly giving up 20. There's a reason he's not mentioned in those MVP debates but Wentz is although they have similar stats. 

The difference between 4-0 and 2-2. Not between "them." 

I don't think ARod would have Sunday strolled down the field against your defense with a minute to go. At least not as easily. I also don't think Goff puts up 35 against your D at home. 

Dak was terrible in the Broncos. No sugar coating that.

By no means am I saying Wentz is carried by anything.  I just said that I didn't see a difference in the stats for the last 4 games. Someone said the difference is 4-0 to 2-2. But both two's were huge defensive let downs for Dallas. Wentz would be protected from that to some degree. Just like Dak is protected by his run game. Neither are being carried though.

Edited by DaBoys