Is Mike Thomas A 'Tier 1' Wide Receiver?

BlaqOptic

Is Can't Guard Mike A Tier 1 Wide Receiver?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Can't Guard Mike A Tier 1 Wide Receiver?

• Yes, Definitely!
    • Yes
    • No, But Close
    • No
    • No Way In Hell!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2019 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Destructo Spin said:

The only argument those numbers make is that Mike Thomas belongs in the discussion with those receivers, unless you somehow think that 9.64 = tier 1 but 9.55 does not.

What's the cutoff in your eyes? Whatever you want it to be to try and exclude him. So 9.63? LOL

You clearly don't understand the argument. Thomas doesn't have the bulk stats. That means he needs to make it up with efficiency. He fails to do that. Thus, he's not a Tier 1 WR. Tyreek Hill and Mike Evans have better arguments for being Tier 1 than Thomas does.

I understand the argument just fine.

But the argument is stupid. "Thomas doesn't have the bulk stats" is a complete nonsense statement when he had ******* 125 catches and 1400 yards. Saying that he "fails to do that" ignores that he is ****** .09% of a yard short of "doing that" as compared to Hopkins.

But the argument is stupid. "Thomas doesn't have the bulk stats" is a complete nonsense statement when he had ******* 125 catches and 1400 yards.

Should we consider Kamara a top tier WR then?

But the argument is stupid. "Thomas doesn't have the bulk stats" is a complete nonsense statement when he had ******* 125 catches and 1400 yards.

Cool. That's not good enough. Juju had 111 catches and 1400+ yards. He's not in Tier 1 either. 

3 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Did Kamara have 125 catches and 1400 yards and the highest catch percentage in NFL history?

My point is, you are stuck on this catch % without realizing that those numbers are greatly inflated by the fact that he plays closer to the LOS than most WR's do. Just like a RB does.

2 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

I'd argue that he should be, if we're only looking at this season. No matter how you slice it those are very high-end WR numbers.

If we're only looking at one season, so should T.Y. Hilton, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, Adam Thielen, etc. You don't look at only one season. And if you do, you better have some damn special numbers. Thomas doesn't. Juju isn't Tier 1. Neither is Thomas.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

My point is, you are stuck on this catch % without realizing that those numbers are greatly inflated by the fact that he plays closer to the LOS than most WR's do. Just like a RB does.

I'm not "stuck" on anything, but if it were true that simply playing close to the LOS ensured massive numbers of receptions, then how come Kamara and Ingram combined didn't catch more passes than Thomas in a system that is extremely friendly to WR catches?

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

I'm not "stuck" on anything, but if it were true that simply playing close to the LOS ensured massive numbers of receptions, then how come Kamara and Ingram combined didn't catch more passes than Thomas in a system that is extremely friendly to WR catches?

Because Thomas is playing in more space and against 190 pound corners instead of 250 lb linebackers.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If we're only looking at one season, so should T.Y. Hilton, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, Adam Thielen, etc. You don't look at only one season. And if you do, you better have some damn special numbers. Thomas doesn't. Juju isn't Tier 1. Neither is Thomas.

Again, I don't care about "tiers." I also don't care if you include Mike Thomas in your "tier" or not.

The only thing I'm saying is, it's a logical fallacy to say he doesn't belong because of this one thing that he doesn't do, when he does other things that the people that get to be in your "tier" do not do.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Because Thomas is playing in more space and against 190 pound corners instead of 250 lb linebackers.

But corners cover better than linebackers, so it should be easier for RBs to make those catches, since they're closer to the LOS AND being covered by inferior coverage players.

2 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Again, I don't care about "tiers." I also don't care if you include Mike Thomas in your "tier" or not.

The only thing I'm saying is, it's a logical fallacy to say he doesn't belong because of this one thing that he doesn't do, when he does other things that the people that get to be in your "tier" do not do.

Which is?

Archived