Is Mike Thomas A 'Tier 1' Wide Receiver?

BlaqOptic

Is Can't Guard Mike A Tier 1 Wide Receiver?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Can't Guard Mike A Tier 1 Wide Receiver?

• Yes, Definitely!
    • Yes
    • No, But Close
    • No
    • No Way In Hell!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2019 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

What do you mean, "it isn't true"? We've established that Julio's catch rate and contested catch rate are lower as compared to Thomas. This is a statistical fact.

What on earth does his catch rate have to do with getting open in the middle of the field? Here is literally what you typed.

Maybe Julio just isn't very good at getting open in the intermediate areas of the field. Thus he is not a true #1 WR.

(FYI: I don't believe that for 1 second,

You're saying that what you said isn't true. Like, do you realize what you posted? You posted a fake criticism of Julio following it up with saying you don't believe it.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

What on earth does his catch rate have to do with getting open in the middle of the field? Here is literally what you typed.

You're saying that what you said isn't true. Like, do you realize what you posted? You posted a fake criticism of Julio following it up with saying you don't believe it.

I'm doing the same exact thing Mike Thomas detractors are doing. I'm picking a hole in his stat line and extrapolating it mean that he lacks a particular skillset.

Why am I not allowed to apply the exact same argument to other players?

4 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Can you statistically show that Mike Thomas is below average running deep routes, or have you just made it up?

have you read through this thread at all? yes, thomas' defecencies can be statistically proven. no, it is not made up.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

have you read through this thread at all? yes, thomas, defecencies can be statistically proven. no, it is not made up.

Yes, I have read through this thread. Julio's deficiencies can also be statistically proven.

See, the assumption running through this thread via Thomas' detractors is that because he doesn't catch a lot of deep passes, that he must lack the skillset and is thus not a "complete" WR.

I am applying that same assumption to Julio Jones using possession metrics instead of big play metrics.

Not sure how you can criticize my argument when it's the exact same one you're using.

4 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

I'm doing the same exact thing Mike Thomas detractors are doing. I'm picking a hole in his stat line and extrapolating it mean that he lacks a particular skillset.

Why am I not allowed to apply the exact same argument to other players?

Because the hole you're picking doesn't match the stat line you posted, at all. Catch rate does not equal ability to catch intermediate passes. Like....that's non-sense.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Catch rate does not equal ability to catch intermediate passes. Like....that's non-sense.

You said it did, back a few posts ago, when you suggested that Mike Thomas's catch rate is higher than Julio's because Julio had a much higher air yard rate per reception.

You're contradicting your own argument now.

2 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

I already did.

you didnt. your spouting nonsesne that is just wrong and then saying its fact to make your argument. catch rate has little to no correlary relation to  the ability to getting open on intermediate routes. generally the deeper routes are, they less chance you have completing them (which can be backed up statistically and frankly its simple logic). youve taken  julios lower catch rate as an inability to get open and ive yet to see proof of it. certainly open minded if you could provide it.

29 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

What a great argument.

Your argument is that he's Tier 1 because he has a bunch of catches. That's not a good argument. It's like claiming that a QB is Tier 1 because he has a bunch of completions.

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also, Hopkins struggled mightily with the corpse of Pick6 King. As anyone would, just pointing it out.

Huh? You mean his rookie season where he was a #2 behind Andre Johnson? That's the only time Hopkins worked with Matt Schaub. 

Andre posted a 109/1,407/5 stat line during the 2013 season, so yes - Hopkins was the #2 that year.

Archived