Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

It's from Clarence Hill....has he been right yet? Or even in the ball park of right about anything?

I'm not surprised, nor all that concerned about it regardless. Dak will get his money and set the bar, then in 6 months Goff or Watson will set a new bar. Then Mahomes will set another new bar. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

It's from Clarence Hill....has he been right yet? Or even in the ball park of right about anything?

I'm not surprised, nor all that concerned about it regardless. Dak will get his money and set the bar, then in 6 months Goff or Watson will set a new bar. Then Mahomes will set another new bar. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  

Thats not really the point though. Its not that the contract will look cheap once the other QBs reset the market. Its the fact that his cost is going up 30% in a year. Its crazy to me. Last year I thought no way he would cost $30m/yr.... now its $34m/yr. 

WTF. 

Sigh I was hoping close to 29.  Looks like be lucky 31  oh well.  Getting close to not being worth it but still feel there is no other viable option that will still give me expectations of making the super bowl.  

Kitna says Prescott’s mindset is to be his best self all the time, whether that be in the weight room, during every practice or in every quarterback meeting. And it’s a mindset the longtime veteran says not many have. But Kitna also explained during an interview that appeared on the Dallas Cowboys official YouTube site recently that coaching a player with that mindset can be challenging.

” … it’s a unique mindset that very few people have. It’s fun to coach that. It’s also challenging to coach that cause you know you better have something every day for him cause he’s not just going to ‘oh okay’, take it easy. ‘What are we doing? What’s this for?’ And those are great things. That’s a great mindset that he has.”

On 6/17/2019 at 12:11 PM, Matts4313 said:

I don’t think anyone questions the grit and the mindset. Quincy’s intangibles are through the roof. It’s the physical ability and mental “feel” for the game where he struggles. We’re all hoping that Linehan was the primary factor for his lack of development and execution, so we’ll see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watch this starting at 9:40. Notable quotes:

Troy Aikman absolutely loves Dak. Thinks the world of him ( @DaBoys, I know youve commented on this). 

"Every QB has a low ceiling when they have average at best WR, TE or OL" (paraphrased).

Edited by Matts4313

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Watch this starting at 9:40. Notable quotes:

Troy Aikman absolutely loves Dak. Thinks the world of him ( @DaBoys, I know youve commented on this). 

"Every QB has a low ceiling when they dont have good WR, TE or OL" (paraphrased).

He said he loves the guy. Thinks the world of the guy. I like him as well. He seems like a nice guy.

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He said he loves the guy. Thinks the world of the guy. I like him as well. He seems like a nice guy.

Did you watch it?

"Dak is everything you want in a QB"

"Aikman thinks the guy is as solid as the day is long" 

They are clearly speaking to his profession. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you watch it?

"Dak is everything you want in a QB"

"Aikman thinks the guy is as solid as the day is long" 

They are clearly speaking to his profession. 

Joe buck said he's everything you want in a QB. Not Troy. And then he listed a bunch of personality traits.

Edited by DaBoys