Arthur Smith promoted to OC

deeluxx3

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m warming up to the hire/decision. Like others have said, who would’ve been better? It’s a crapshoot anyway you look at it 

I am a big proponent of continuity, so that trumps all for me. This gives us that moreso than an outside hire 

Exactly how I feel about it. He knows Marcus and the other pieces of our offense better than any other outside hire would have, and probably most important to me is that he's seen first hand which concepts have worked for Marcus in all the offenses that he's been in, and which concepts haven't worked for him.  I'm hoping that his offense would be a hybrid of sorts with stuff Marcus has done well with as a pro, and maybe a few more college spread Oregon concepts sprinkled in here or there.

My biggest question is how Smith will do with playcalling? Will he have his finger on the pulse for what to call and when? That took LaFleur some time to get adjusted to, and he started getting his legs under him at the end of the year. I'm curious if Smith will have a similar transition period as a playcaller.

Continuity is the what I like about this. When you go out and hire someone from a different team and then have to introduce him to all the players and the environment here and everything and play that whole game, it's a higher risk and you don't know how things will click. With this, we know what we're getting and the players will know what to expect. Have a chance to keep building on what's become a pretty solid foundation here over the past 2-3 seasons. 

If Smith can actually do this successfully the Titans offense won’t be bad at all. I still think talent can make a lot of problems we have go away and help the offense in general. 

If we can’t add a veteran WR then were stuck with Taylor dropping balls and hurting Mariota an everyone all together.

If we can’t get a veteran Guard or Center anything we try to do goes to crap anyway.

Im not thrilled about the move because we just don’t know but I’m not freaking out either because we just don’t know. Coaches always get rid of guys from the old staff but Smith has managed to stay around Fromm Whiz until now for a reason so it doesn’t hurt to see what the guy has. 

10 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea I heard ill be able to get WiFi for a small fee ofcourse lol

thought about getting a firestick 

Check your messages. I totally did not tell you a way to watch NFL games online for free that the kind folks on here did not tell me about.

I am excited to see what Arthur Smith has. A lot of strong reviews for him and all positive I have seen from multiple players and coaches online.

I am wondering who takes over as TE coach as he was a really good one. Also wondering if perhaps he tries to make any changes to the staff a bit specifically the O line coach who I thought was a bad pick to begin with.

I guess we will see I think ultimate say is still from Vrabel on the coaching staff if I am not mistaken.

Archived