NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Count me in on the DJ Chark as the Smith replacement bandwagon.

There's a few guys I wouldn't mind as Torrey's replacement. Torrey gotta go.

Tre'Quan supposedly runs in the 4.3's, great in red zone, listed at 6'1 210 (so probably 6'0 210). More or less a slightly bigger James Washington, but will prob get drafted in the late 2nd to mid 3rd. His hands might be better than Washington, but Washington has slightly quicker feet and further along as a route runner. Smith is prob better in traffic and more likely to make circus catches. I haven't scouted Chark yet.

We have to address the OL this offseason. 

OT: Peters will retire very soon. We need another tackle. Vaitai can be a fine spot starter but shouldn't be relied on as a full time starter. 

OG: Wis is a capable starter but could potentially be upgraded. Warmack hasn't really worked out. Seumalo will never be a competent starter in the league. 

I think we have to draft both or sign players at both positions.

OL is our biggest need. I think everyone pretty much agrees there so not much else to say.

WR could use an upgrade, a speedster deep threat would be nice. Agholor is fast, but not fast enough or a good deep ball threat to where he can scare defenses. He's had our biggest gains, true, but many were off broken plays. He's not a guy you see 1 on 1 and think "we have to take that shot." I think his best role is in the slot honestly, give him space. Wentz deserves a great WR corp.

With Wentz possibly not even returning until late 2018, if at all, QB is a bit of a need. I like the Patriots better safe than sorry approach in regards to the QB, and wouldn't mind if we followed suit. While having one of the best QBs in the league they took O'Connell (3), Mallet (3), Jimmy G (2), and Brissett (3), so it wouldn't be odd for us to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a QB while still having the utmost faith in Carson. It could help us in 2018, indefinitely if Wentz turns out to be injury prone, or be flipped for high pick.

LB is a need. We cannot rely on Hicks and at the very least should have some depth at the LB positions so Goode isn't seeing the field.

If Schwartz is still on board and/or we continue rotating our DL frantically to keep them fresh, we could really use another speed rusher. 

It feels weird to say but I'm not sure corner is really a need. Darby, Sidney Jones, Mills, PRob (maybe he'll sign friendly deal with us). Safety is a bigger need than CB in my eyes, with Jenkins aging.

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think his best role is in the slot honestly, give him space. Wentz deserves a great WR corp.

Agreed. I love Agholor in the slot. He may disappear for stretches, but that mainly feels like game flow type of thing.

so it wouldn't be odd for us to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a QB while still having the utmost faith in Carson.

It would be odd because we don' t have picks in those rounds.

LB is a need. We cannot rely on Hicks and at the very least should have some depth at the LB positions so Goode isn't seeing the field.

If they don't go OL in the first, there's a few good 4-3 LB's that could be around late first for us that I wouldn't mind.

5 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

That's the end for Hicks if we take Evans, IMO. I'm a big fan of his, though and think he'd be a good addition to the team. 

You don't think they can coexist or you presume Evans is his replacement considering Hicks' health is always an issue? 

Just now, Blaaaaaah said:

You don't think they can coexist or you presume Evans is his replacement considering Hicks' health is always an issue? 

Evans is the replacement for Hicks - he can't be trusted to stay healthy. They may "co-exist" this year but it's over for Hicks here if we take a linebacker (Smith, Jefferson, Evans) in the first. 

4 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Evans is the replacement for Hicks - he can't be trusted to stay healthy. They may "co-exist" this year but it's over for Hicks here if we take a linebacker (Smith, Jefferson, Evans) in the first. 

I'm fully expecting them to continue to build in the trenches and take the best T available. 

Archived