Matt Mauck 1.0 Get ya Popcorn Ready

DaWg_LB.

Good Afternoon All,

I have my finally tweaks in on my first mock of the year….and away we go.

First I personally make it a priority to resign:

LT Greg Robinson (2 year deal with a  team options for a 3rd)

WR Breshard Perriman (2 year deal with a team option for a 3rd)

QB Tyrod Taylor (2 years making him the highest paid backup in the NFL, with incentives to be paid like a starter based on PT, Starts, Stats, etc, maybe entice him with the ability to opt out after year 1 and a 3rd year Player option)

2019 NFL Draft

1rst Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
Height: 6-3. Weight: 312. : Reminds me of Michael Dean Perry…Nuff Said.

2nd Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
Height: 6-5. Weight: 255: I’ve had him mocked to us in 2017 and 2018 (a LOT Lower)..BUT he is finally coming out and he becomes our 2nd rounder..

3rdCaleb Wilson, TE, UCLA
Height: 6-4. Weight: 242: Reminds me a lot of Jordan Reed.

3rdJoejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
Height: 6-3. Weight: 208
: We get our BIG CB to go along with Ward…especially if Howard Wilson shows nothing after being hurt for 2 years.

4thP.J. Johnson, DT, Arizona
Height: 6-4. Weight: 335
: Not a lot of people know about this kid..I just learned about him about a 1.5 months ago myself. I really like this kid. We get an athletic NT to complete the Dline.

5th Jalin Moore, RB, Appalachian State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 205

Or

Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
Height: 5-9. Weight: 200: These two guys and the kid from Slippery Rock are my 3 favorite underrated RB’s in this draft class. Jalin more is going to KILL the combine forget what Walters has for him as a 40YD. Darrell.Henderson: averaged 8.9 ypc while almost rushing for 2000 yards at Memphis (got a little Deangelo Hall to him)

5th Khalil Hodge, ILB/OLB, Buffalo
Height: 6-1. Weight: 240: Versatile, tough defender who was a multi year team captain. 

5th Cole Tracy, K, LSU
Height: 5-11. Weight: 188.
or

John Baron II, K, San Diego State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190: Time to solve the issue at K….I love BOTH these guys and still trying to decide. But I also LOVED Zane Gonzales coming out of Az... Is Phil Dawson a Free agent this year???? (Bring Back Phil!!!!)

6th Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor (ex-Tenn)
Height: 6-4. Weight: 229

Or

Jazz Ferguson, WR, Northwestern State (ex-LSU)
Height: 6-5. Weight: 223: I like the former Tenn RB who left Tenn, and changed positions and “The Younger Ferguson” Brother…there is athletic talent DEEP in that family.

7thAzeez Al-Shaair, ILB/OLB, Florida Atlantic
Height: 6-2. Weight: 232: Really good Kid, spent a big chunk of this year hurt. Look at his Jr. year tape…

7th Qadree Ollison, FB, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230
: I love the Fullback Position….if I was a GM I might have two on a team. This kid reminds me of Kamryn Pettway (a FB from Auburn a couple years ago, who I was sure was going to be the next FB star in the NFL)

TOP UDFA

Jacob Dolegala, QB, Central Connecticut
Height: 6-6. Weight: 235

or

Brad Mayes, QB, Lehigh
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220: We need to add a QB to the room to Groom behind Baker and Tyrod.

Now please have at it and let me get the Pulse of the room......

Pretty much nailed all of our needs. There is going to be a faction that is not happy about waiting until the 6th for a WR and there are some Jalen Hurd haters in here as well. I like the pick and think he actually goes higher than the 6th.

Christian Wilkins is one of the most realistic options I like at 17 but Michael Dean Perry? Come on man.

I am not as high on Jaylon Ferguson as some. He's not explosive. He doesn't bend well and he doesn't bring a lot of power. There are DEs that at least excel in an area like Omenihu, Nelson, Collier and even a chance Sweat or Jackson from Miami are still there in the 2nd.

Caleb Wilson has a knack for finding open patches of grass. I think there might be better TEs in this area as well though.

Joejuan Williams just spent time watching him yesterday. Really liked his game. I don't think he last this long. I think I would bump him to the 2nd and drop Ferguson and Wilson back a slot would align their values better IMO.

Haven't watched either of those RBs. We need another back who can be effective inside the tackles incase of a Chubb injury. If they can be that then I am on board.

Love me some Hodge and good value here. Has an NFL ready frame and solid athletic traits. Could upgrade our run defense.

Everyone knows we need a better kicking game and I am all for spending a 5th on a kicker.

I like Hurd's versatility and physical style of play. He could be used as a gadget player we design runs for much like Sanu was in Cincinnati or pretty much ever WR from Carolina did this year. He has more size and power and tackle breaking ability than those guys too.

Haven't seen either 7th round picks but good positions again.

Looks like you are going deep in scouting for a QB. Central Connecticut? I like it, but I refuse to waste my time on QBs for at least 15 years because BAKER MAYFIELD says I don't have to do it anymore.

A-

You get the - for not including free agent acquisitions.

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

4thP.J. Johnson, DT, Arizona
Height: 6-4. Weight: 335
: Not a lot of people know about this kid..I just learned about him about a 1.5 months ago myself. I really like this kid. We get an athletic NT to complete the Dline.

I liked everything except this. PJ Johnson is all upside with no flash. He's been abysmal for Arizona most of the time and ends up on his knees an astounding amount for a dude that big. I don't think he's worth a 4th round pick when there are likely to be much better DL available there. He's a specimen for sure, but hasn't put it together at all yet. I would have a hard time loving the pick, but it's a 4th rounder so whatevs.

20 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm not gonna lie I'm surprised you would actually draft Jalen Hurd.

I mean, you specifically told us there were only three receivers in this class who you like, and Hurd wasn't one of em.

...So you would mock the Browns someone that you perceive as meh?

HOW DAREST THOU

giphy.gif

:D You know I liked more than 3......I just named 3 ;)

20 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I’d be okay with it. The only thing I’d really like to change is Caleb Wilson. I think Hurd should transition to TE also.

Who would you change the Caleb Wilson selection to?

I always need the Pules of the Brothers.....

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I liked everything except this. PJ Johnson is all upside with no flash. He's been abysmal for Arizona most of the time and ends up on his knees an astounding amount for a dude that big. I don't think he's worth a 4th round pick when there are likely to be much better DL available there. He's a specimen for sure, but hasn't put it together at all yet. I would have a hard time loving the pick, but it's a 4th rounder so whatevs.

I'll go back and re-evaluate......last year I saw Az play vs Utah and again from Southern Cal.....and in those games I didnt see any of what your saying there....but I dont see everything. So let me go and recheck.

Thank you for taking the time to give me some freedback.

19 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I really like Lil'jordan Humphrey WR Texas at around the 5th round, Ben Burr-kirven LB Washington St around the 5th as well, and RB Mike Weber RB THE Ohio State University you guessed it around the 5th as well but overall I dig your mock and could get behind it. 

Lil Jordan Humphrey in the original rough draft I was tweeking...taking him in round 4 and taking the second DT in round 5.....

We Both the like the WR out of texas.

I saw I took Khalil Hodge over Ben Burr-kirven....I watched a couple of game tapes with him in it. I like Hodge a little more than Burr-Kirven....but I feel both could help our LB corps.

I think Webster is going earlier than 5.....and after the combine, trust me you'll love the running back pick...or hate it because one or both should be gone.

Archived