Matt Mauck 1.0 Get ya Popcorn Ready

DaWg_LB.

18 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I am in the minority but I REALLY like Irv Smith Jr.

NOT AT ALL....Irv Smith Jr. is ALSO my favorite 2nd favorite TE prospect (behnind the kid from Iowa who can block too TJ Hockenstein)....I think he goes early to mid round 2.

Seem I'm having an Old man moment.....I remember when Irv Smith Sr. was getting drafted out of ND by the saints.......Little known fact....Irv Smith Sr. finished up his career with our Beloved Browns.....I see a Draft Day Moment.....LOL

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

People have been talking about Hockensen so much that it seems like they all forgot about Irv.

Irv wasn’t really talked about much until he declared (he’s a RS Soph). A few analyst types have jumped on the bandwagon recently.

He reminds me of Kellen Winslow Jr. Same play and attitude. Big, fast, good hands, route running needs to get polished up, abrasive personality, sometimes come off as arrogant.

11 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Who would you change the Caleb Wilson selection to?

I always need the Pules of the Brothers.....

I'd change it to Josh Oliver, TE from SDSU. If you want to go away from TE, I'd change it to Joe Jackson DE from Miami. I have an impossible time believing he'll actually be there in the 3rd round as I view him as a mid 1st, but apparently I'm the only person in the world with that view. If Joe Jackson is gone, I'd select SS Jaquan Johnson or SS Taylor Rapp. Again, I don't think either will be there, but most mocks have them available there. If they aren't available there, look at CB Justin Layne. He's a stud athlete and has sticky cover skills. He could end up a late 1st actually, but some have him falling to the 3rd-4th round area. If all those dudes are gone, take an OT like Mitch Hyatt (could play C/OG too), Max Scharping, Chuma Edoga, Dalton Risner, Kaleb McGary, Yodny Cajuste, or Tytus Howard.

My 3rd round big board would look like this given the first few picks:

1. Joe Jackson DE Miami
2. Josh Oliver TE San Diego State
3. Jaquan Johnson SS Miami Fl.
4. Taylor Rapp SS Washington
5. Justin Layne CB Michigan State
6. Dalton Risner OT Kansas State
7. Max Scharping OT Northern Illinois
8. Mitch Hyatt OL Clemson
9. Kaleb McGary OT Washington
10. Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
11. Chuma Edoga OT/OG USC
12. Tytus Howard OT Alabama State

I'd prefer all of these picks over Caleb Wilson tbh.

Oh, and I know people will blast me for having a SS as a need, but we need someone that can play that hybrid LB'er role better than freaking Kindred. He missed so many tackles last year in our BIG nickel packages. When we moved Peppers to an overhang, Kindred became the SS. He was abysmal in that role. If we want to use Peppers more like a linebacker in sub packages, we need to improve the safety that comes in for him. Or we need to find someone that can play that nickel spot in place of Peppers...basically we need 2 SS's to run our Nickel package.

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd change it to Josh Oliver, TE from SDSU. If you want to go away from TE, I'd change it to Joe Jackson DE from Miami. I have an impossible time believing he'll actually be there in the 3rd round as I view him as a mid 1st, but apparently I'm the only person in the world with that view. If Joe Jackson is gone, I'd select SS Jaquan Johnson or SS Taylor Rapp. Again, I don't think either will be there, but most mocks have them available there. If they aren't available there, look at CB Justin Layne. He's a stud athlete and has sticky cover skills. He could end up a late 1st actually, but some have him falling to the 3rd-4th round area. If all those dudes are gone, take an OT like Mitch Hyatt (could play C/OG too), Max Scharping, Chuma Edoga, Dalton Risner, Kaleb McGary, Yodny Cajuste, or Tytus Howard.

My 3rd round big board would look like this given the first few picks:

1. Joe Jackson DE Miami
2. Josh Oliver TE San Diego State
3. Jaquan Johnson SS Miami Fl.
4. Taylor Rapp SS Washington
5. Justin Layne CB Michigan State
6. Dalton Risner OT Kansas State
7. Max Scharping OT Northern Illinois
8. Mitch Hyatt OL Clemson
9. Kaleb McGary OT Washington
10. Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
11. Chuma Edoga OT/OG USC
12. Tytus Howard OT Alabama State

I'd prefer all of these picks over Caleb Wilson tbh.

Oh, and I know people will blast me for having a SS as a need, but we need someone that can play that hybrid LB'er role better than freaking Kindred. He missed so many tackles last year in our BIG nickel packages. When we moved Peppers to an overhang, Kindred became the SS. He was abysmal in that role. If we want to use Peppers more like a linebacker in sub packages, we need to improve the safety that comes in for him. Or we need to find someone that can play that nickel spot in place of Peppers...basically we need 2 SS's to run our Nickel package.

Ha! As soon as I saw Joe Jackson I didn't even have to look up to see who wrote this response. 

You Sir are drunk on homerism. But at least you've accepted the reality that he won't be a 1st round pick. 

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Ha! As soon as I saw Joe Jackson I didn't even have to look up to see who wrote this response. 

You Sir are drunk on homerism. But at least you've accepted the reality that he won't be a 1st round pick. 

He took a step back when he was on the cusp of being a first rounder. He just never took that next step with his play this year.

5 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

ehhh I feel like I'm usually pretty devoid of homerism. There are several Miami players I do not think will be worth a damn in the NFL...even guys that get pimped hard. Michael Jackson, the CB that is getting 2nd round buzz, is not someone I'd take in the first 4 rounds. Sheldrick Redwine is getting a lot of buzz. I don't think he's worth any more than a 5th-6th round pick. OL Tyree St. Louis & Venzell Boulware are getting 5th-7th round buzz. I wouldn't draft either. A lot of people have Gerald Willis in the tier 1 category of DT's. I think he's clearly in tier 2 of the DT's and a late 2nd round pick right now. People think Travis Homer is a 4th-5th round steal at RB. I don't consider him draftable. I hated the Chad Thomas pick last year, I hated Ereck Flowers when he was pimped as the next big thing at OT. I don't think I drink the homer juice nearly as much as other people do. I'll crap all over Miami players when they deserve to get crapped on.

Liking Joe Jackson and Jaquan Johnson doesn't make me a homer. I'll put my reputation on the line for those two guys.

Archived