Moretti's 1/31/19 mock

moretti19

Just now, thrILL! said:

Pretty sure Love will be available in the 7th if not UDFA.  Using a 4th on him would be a huge waste. 

Don't think so. If Marcus Lattimore goes in the 4th and may never play again, I think that Love has a spot in the 4th-5th range. Not saying I want to take him there, but as of right now I think that's where he goes. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Don't think so. If Marcus Lattimore goes in the 4th and may never play again, I think that Love has a spot in the 4th-5th range. Not saying I want to take him there, but as of right now I think that's where he goes. 

I would agree if Stanford hadn’t already run him into the ground well before the ACL.  I think 4th was best case scenario without the ACL injury.  Who knows tho.  

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I would agree if Stanford hadn’t already run him into the ground well before the ACL.  I think 4th was best case scenario without the ACL injury.  Who knows tho.  

I think he would have gone in the 2nd pre-injury. the 4th round is still really good value for 3 years of above average RB play and a punt returner imo.

I think GB is set up nicely if Love was to be on IR to start the year and still be able to add a cheap veteran RB to be RB3 this year. 

2 hours ago, moretti19 said:

I’ll definitely have to check out Allen at the Senior Bowl, I hadn’t read anything negative about him but I’ll look. Love is a boom or bust guy at running back but I think will be a good return man regardless.

Allen was one of "my guys" before the Senior Bowl. I still think he'll be a good pro, just not a player I'm looking at in the 1st-2nd round. Kind of reminds me of Dean Lowry in some ways. 

I do agree that Love could be a good return man. In today's NFL I feel KR's don't have much value anymore. More times than not it seems like a kickoff will end in a touchback. Strong PR's have more value in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Lieker said:

Allen was one of "my guys" before the Senior Bowl. I still think he'll be a good pro, just not a player I'm looking at in the 1st-2nd round. Kind of reminds me of Dean Lowry in some ways. 

I do agree that Love could be a good return man. In today's NFL I feel KR's don't have much value anymore. More times than not it seems like a kickoff will end in a touchback. Strong PR's have more value in my eyes.

Ya I’m thinking I should have put the Texas pass rusher (don’t want to butcher his name) there at the back of the first.

8 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Ya I’m thinking I should have put the Texas pass rusher (don’t want to butcher his name) there at the back of the first.

He'd be a good choice. I just posted a mock with him in it.

19 hours ago, Lieker said:

I'm getting the same feeling about KR and PR.  I'd fair catch everything I could, because IMO the NFL is trying to eliminate the play by penalizing every one. Same with KR. Give the ball to Rodgers where ever that is and take all the bad possibilities out of the equation. Give me back Micah Hyde as our designated fair catcher.

I really like the write up on Lindstrom.  That is the kind of player we want for RG, and probably hoped that we could develop Kofi Amichia into.  

I don't like any mock offseason in which we don't retain Geronimo Allison.  He was on pace for 970 yards, 64 catches, and 6 TDs; and we have first rights to him, he is a RFA.  At least give him the second round tender (1 year 2.9 million) and either have Allison or a second round pick.

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I really like the write up on Lindstrom.  That is the kind of player we want for RG, and probably hoped that we could develop Kofi Amichia into.  

I don't like any mock offseason in which we don't retain Geronimo Allison.  He was on pace for 970 yards, 64 catches, and 6 TDs; and we have first rights to him, he is a RFA.  At least give him the second round tender (1 year 2.9 million) and either have Allison or a second round pick.

That is who I missed!! Definitely did not want to get rid of Allison, just forgot him on the list.

1 minute ago, moretti19 said:

That is who I missed!! Definitely did not want to get rid of Allison, just forgot him on the list.

It wasn't to single you out, either.  I have seen it often, and I don't like it.  Allison has stepped up every single time he has gotten the opportunity so far, and I really don't think we should give up a player like that for free.  I don't think he is ever going to be a pro-bowl level player.  But he will be an above average WR, and is currently in a team friendly position.

Archived