Kristaps Porzingis Traded to Dallas

champ11

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kyrie overhyped....lol. Dude's one of the best ISO scorers in the league, and is no longer a mop on defense. Comparing him to Westbrook is lol funny. Kyrie legit one of the most efficient scorers in the league.

I agree that he's one of the best ISO scorers in the league, which is why I don't like him with KD and AD. I'm not comparing him to Westbrook as a shooter. I'm comparing his inflated opinion of himself and his selfishness to Westbrook.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

But, Jimmy Butler plays defense and DSJ is so good, he's better than Kyrie... LMAO

But, Kyrie is better than Kevin Durant, and he can win a championship all by himself . . . LMFAO

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Did you just compare Kyrie, one of the most efficient scorers, and the guy who hit the game winning shot in G7 to a guy who can’t shoot?

No, I compared the situation. Durant being stuck with a PG who has an overly inflated opinion of his game, loves to hog the ball, and isn't happy when he's not in the spotlight.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie is averaging 24 ppg & 7 apg on .500 | .410 | .850 this season and he's a ball hog and inefficient? Give me a break. He's one of the most efficient scoring PG's in the league right now and has proven he can be the #1 option for a good team in Boston. 

He was the #1 option on a team that couldn't get out of the first round in the Eastern Conference? In the best year of his career? Amazing. 

Yes, he's a ball hog. No, nobody called him inefficient. Try sticking to the words on the page next time. It's not that hard. And that Bulls team did get out of the first round. I literally told you that in my post. Again, try reading.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

KD will have the rock in his hands plenty. He just doesn't need to dominate the rock where this could work. I mean KD could play with literally anyone with his playing style. That duo will kill it, no other way around it. And in close games? Yeah, good luck stopping this duo. Then you in this scenario also have AD? Not fair man, not fair. 

KD can work alongside anyone, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't look for a guy who can maximize his skill-set. Frankly, I think putting KD, AD, and somebody like Klay with a playmaking PG is the ideal situation. I don't like KD next to an iso-centric, ball hogging PG. And then you add AD to the group, how is that going to work? Do you think Kyrie is going to be the guy sacrificing shots and giving up the ball? 

29 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yeah it is. Because the Knicks have all the cap space. But if they signed KD and Kyrie before then no.

If they trade for him into their cap space, will they have enough space for more than 1 max free agent?

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But, Kyrie is better than Kevin Durant, and he can win a championship all by himself . . . LMFAO

Yes, he's a ball hog. No, nobody called him inefficient. Try sticking to the words on the page next time. It's not that hard. And that Bulls team did get out of the first round. I literally told you that in my post. Again, try reading.

I never said Kyrie is better than Durant or that he could win a championship by himself. But an Irving/Durant duo certainly has a better shot at a title than a DSJ/Butler/Durant trio. 

How is he a ball hog? He ranks 17th in FGA per game and 10th in assists per game.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is there anyway the Knicks could add Irving / Durant / Davis? 

It'd be tough. They'd have to sign those 2 first and then make the trade. Making the financials of that trade work would be very hard to do.

If they trade for Davis first then their cap holds for the 15 roster spots keep them from signing 2 max guys (unless my math is off). Now if Durant/Irving each took small discounts then it could work.

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I agree that he's one of the best ISO scorers in the league, which is why I don't like him with KD and AD. I'm not comparing him to Westbrook as a shooter. I'm comparing his inflated opinion of himself and his selfishness to Westbrook.

No, I compared the situation. Durant being stuck with a PG who has an overly inflated opinion of his game, loves to hog the ball, and isn't happy when he's not in the spotlight.

KD can work alongside anyone, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't look for a guy who can maximize his skill-set. Frankly, I think putting KD, AD, and somebody like Klay with a playmaking PG is the ideal situation. I don't like KD next to an iso-centric, ball hogging PG. And then you add AD to the group, how is that going to work? Do you think Kyrie is going to be the guy sacrificing shots and giving up the ball? 

Kyrie has one of the highest AST% in the league. You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Kyrie has one of the highest AST% in the league. You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

Russell Westbrook has a higher AST%. Yet, I didn't see you arguing with me when I called him a ball hog.

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I never said Kyrie is better than Durant or that he could win a championship by himself.

How is he a ball hog? He ranks 17th in FGA per game and 10th in assists per game.

You didn't say that? Really? Good. Don't put words in my mouth either.

But an Irving/Durant duo certainly has a better shot at a title than a DSJ/Butler/Durant trio.

Disagree.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Russell Westbrook has a higher AST%. Yet, I didn't see you arguing with me when I called him a ball hog.

You didn't say that? Really? Good. Don't put words in my mouth either.

Disagree.

I don’t think Westbrook is a ball hog either. He’s a stat chaser. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t think Westbrook is a ball hog either. He’s a stat chaser. 

I'll just use ball-dominant player, as I think the ball hog term is making you guys think I mean people who don't pass it. I'm talking about guys who have an inflated opinion of their own abilities and want the offense to run through them. I imagine people will disagree with my take on Kyrie based on his history with LeBron, but I see that as why that duo split up. Kyrie didn't like LeBron being the guy who controlled the ball and got the credit. I just don't like the idea of a ball-dominant, score-first PG (who, unlike Curry, needs to be THE guy) with Durant.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

DSJ is cheeks son. There's a reason Dallas wanted to trade him, he regressed this year after an okay rookie season. 

Dallas wanted to trade him for a few reasons. First, him and Doncic don't work together on the court. Second, he's disgruntled. Third, he's not a great fit with Carlisle. Some will see it as an indictment on his ability. I don't.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Dallas wanted to trade him for a few reasons. First, him and Doncic don't work together on the court. Second, he's disgruntled. Third, he's not a great fit with Carlisle. Some will see it as an indictment on his ability. I don't.

DSJ is athletic but he still has a ways to go before he's starting on a championship caliber team. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

DSJ is athletic but he still has a ways to go before he's starting on a championship caliber team. 

Well, considering the Warriors starting five could be Curry-Klay-Durant-Draymond-Cousins, I don't think that's saying much. ;)

Archived