JJ Bleday, OF, Vanderbilt
.363/.439/.650, 6 HR, 5 2B, 13 BB, 16 K

Spencer Torkelson, OF, Arizona State
.385/.468/.551, 3 HR, 4 2B, 14 BB, 14 K

Patrick Bailey, C, North Carolina State
.338/.485/.662, 4 HR, 8 2B, 2 3B, 21 BB, 7 K

Edited by devils1854

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I saw that and Hunter Bishop's line and had a lolwut moment.

McCann's slugging over 1.000 didn't catch your eye?  Haha.

Hunter Bishop especially is rocketing up the lists.  Huge guy with plus power/speed tools that may be capable of playing CF for several years at the big league level.  Question was always about the hit tool, but he apparently made some tweaks and is looking great.  This draft is going to be loaded with bats.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched about 3 innings of the Georgia Kentucky game.

Zack Thompson has a effortless delivery. Sat around 90-91, slow curve around 72 which he does a good job of moving it throughout the strike zone, and a change up around 78-79. He moved his pitches around the zone pretty well to change the eye movements of the batters. Descent guy. Not a first rounder.

Cole Wilcox, freshman, 2020 eligible. Sat at 96-98 for two innings. Slider is completely filthy. The catcher couldnt even catch it a few times because of the bite, and that led to a couple of runs. Wilcox is still really wild, but the stuff plays. Major contender for 1-1 in 2020.

31 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Cole Wilcox, freshman, 2020 eligible. Sat at 96-98 for two innings. Slider is completely filthy. The catcher couldnt even catch it a few times because of the bite, and that led to a couple of runs. Wilcox is still really wild, but the stuff plays. Major contender for 1-1 in 2020.

College starting pitching is going to be really strong in the 2020 draft.  Cole Wilcox, Emerson Hancock, Tanner Burns, JT Ginn is another draft eligible sophomore next year, Tommy Mace, Asa Lacy...  It's as strong a class as I can remember in recent years.

Havent been able to watch any full games on him, but what clips Ive seen and what Ive read, Nick Lodolo from TCU is probably the best college pitcher in the draft. He is big, with plenty of room to fill out. It looks like he has been sitting around 92-94 in his starts this year, and could probably find more with the right organization. Secondary stuff isnt great at the moment, but there is potential there. Id probably have him as a top 20 pick right now, and with his upside and pedigree, I could see him going higher.

24 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Havent been able to watch any full games on him, but what clips Ive seen and what Ive read, Nick Lodolo from TCU is probably the best college pitcher in the draft. He is big, with plenty of room to fill out. It looks like he has been sitting around 92-94 in his starts this year, and could probably find more with the right organization. Secondary stuff isnt great at the moment, but there is potential there. Id probably have him as a top 20 pick right now, and with his upside and pedigree, I could see him going higher.

I knew Lodolo has been good this year, but I haven't been able to see him throw.  If he's sitting 92-94 then his velo is up from last year.

• 3 weeks later...

So Fangraphs has both Bleday and Lodolo in their top 6 now and Kiley is saying that he is hearing that all top 4 teams could go the college route.

Could we see something like this?

1. Baltimore-Adley Rutschman
  2. Kansas City-Andrew Vaughn
  3. Chicago White Sox-JJ Bleday
  4. Miami-Nick Lodolo
  5. Detroit-Riley Greene
  6. San Diego-Bobby Witt Jr
  7. Cincinnati-CJ Abrams
  8. Texas-Corbin Carroll
  9. Atlanta-Hunter Bishop
  10. San Francisco-Bryson Stott

Manoah's stock is rising after a complete game with 15 K and 0 BB last week.  He and Lodolo will square off in a couple weeks.  Hard to trust a guy pushing 270 in college, but he has the stuff. K's are up this year, BB's are down, and his BAA is way down.

I'd be heartbroken if the Reds missed out on Witt by 1 pick.  I still think he goes top 3.

Jack Leiter and Brennan Malone are my top prep pitchers and maybe my top two overall.

Found some film on both in the Cary Tournament a few weekends ago. Leiter is only around 91-92 and is 6'1 but its an easy delivery. Even if he doesnt add more to his fastball, I really like his curve. Its his better pitch. He is going to be a tough sign. He wants a lot, and doesnt have to take less because he's in a baseball family with money, and the Vandy appeal always brings in highly rated kids.

Malone has one of the best fastballs in the draft. He's a big projectable kid, but raw.

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Manoah's stock is rising after a complete game with 15 K and 0 BB last week.  He and Lodolo will square off in a couple weeks.  Hard to trust a guy pushing 270 in college, but he has the stuff. K's are up this year, BB's are down, and his BAA is way down.

I'd be heartbroken if the Reds missed out on Witt by 1 pick.  I still think he goes top 3.

I dont see Witt in the top 3. The top two are set, and the White Sox do not take high school players. Like at all. 

2018-Madrigal, 2017-Burger, 2016-Collins and Burdi, 2015-Fullmer, 2014-Rodon, 2013-Anderson.

Hahn has been the GM since 2013. Their last HS player was in 2012 under Williams. 

Edited by devils1854