Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Cooks, Woods, and Peters are young. Whitworth has been helping to train our replacement (Noteboom). Suh was a one year deal. The Rams aren't taking a short-term approach. They're being aggressive in the short-term while still setting themselves up beautifully in the long-term.

Also, the Eagles have made plenty of similar moves. They traded for Darby, signed Alshon, traded for Ajayi, acquired Torrey Smith, acquired Chris Long, acquired Timmy Jernigan, traded for Golden Tate, signed Brandon Brooks . . . do I need to keep going?

Peters is gonna require a big deal, cooks just got a big deal, Gurley just got a big deal. 

Darby was a rental for a 3rd a jordan Matthews.  They're letting him walk.

Alshon is the only one from that list that required big money for a long period of time.  Brandon Brooks as well.

I think its apples to oranges. 

7 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Im a huge Peyton Fan but its clear as day that Tom is the GOAT and who? lol if you dont win your name is forgotten especially as a coach.. doesn't matter how many non superbowl games you win.. andy reid wont be remembered in 20 years if he never wins even tho hes one hell of a coach

If you genuinely don't know who Marv Levy is, that's just an indictment of your own football knowledge and nothing else. The man is a hall of famer.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

If you genuinely don't know who Marv Levy is, that's just an indictment of your own football knowledge and nothing else. The man is a hall of famer.

I know who he is obviously, its said more in jest than anything. Also Jerry Jones is in the HOF and his teams haven't done anything since i was 6 so that shows the credibility the HOF has. not putting TO as a first ballot is another credibility knock.. just a bunch of writers who have no athletic ability deciding who gets in. 

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

I know who he is obviously, its said more in jest than anything. Also Jerry Jones is in the HOF and his teams haven't done anything since i was 6 so that shows the credibility the HOF has. not putting TO as a first ballot is another credibility knock.. just a bunch of writers who have no athletic ability deciding who gets in. 

So then you aren't forgotten if you don't win a superbowl?

You're full of it one way or another.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So then you aren't forgotten if you don't win a superbowl?

You're full of it one way or another.

hes certainly not mentioned with the great coaches like Lombardi, Belichick, John Madden, Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Shula or Doug Pederson. 

Even if he went 1-3 in the Super Bowl, he would be aligned with those guys. 

12 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

There are a multitude of players who I could argue don't belong in the hall. Another recent one to consider is Terrell Davis

36 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Peters is gonna require a big deal, cooks just got a big deal, Gurley just got a big deal. 

Darby was a rental for a 3rd a jordan Matthews.  They're letting him walk.

Alshon is the only one from that list that required big money for a long period of time.  Brandon Brooks as well.

I think its apples to oranges. 

I doubt Peters gets a big deal. Cooks and Gurley got big deals because we're building for the long haul.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt Peters gets a big deal. Cooks and Gurley got big deals because we're building for the long haul.

Cooks is getting paid 29 mil this year... Les front loads the crap out of contracts so they're team friendly after year 1.. 

Donald same IIRC he's making around 40 Mil. Rams are in prime positioned to bring guys in/extend guys.

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Cooks is getting paid 29 mil this year... Les front loads the crap out of contracts so they're team friendly after year 1.. 

Donald same IIRC he's making around 40 Mil. Rams are in prime positioned to bring guys in/extend guys.

Your numbers are off, and that's in terms of real cash, not cap hit. Donald made over $40 million in 2018, and Cooks will make around $27.5 million in 2019.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Your numbers are off, and that's in terms of real cash, not cap hit. Donald made over $40 million in 2018, and Cooks will make around $27.5 million in 2019.

The principle stands. Front loaded.. Woods was front loaded as well.. They'll be a ton of cash to go around :D 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

The principle stands. Front loaded.. Woods was front loaded as well.. They'll be a ton of cash to go around :D 

From a cap perspective, they aren't front-loaded deals. Cooks' deal is pretty equal from start to finish.

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

What? Cooks is making 27 then it goes down to 12-13-14. start to finish? 

Cooks' Cap Number in

2019 is $15.3 M
2020 is $16.8 M (17.8 M Dead || -1 M if cut) 
2021 is $16.8 M (13 M Dead || +3.8 M if cut)
2022 is $17.8 M (8.2 M Dead || +9.6 M if cut)
2023 is $17.4 M (3.4 M Dead || + 14 M if cut)

https://overthecap.com/calculator/los-angeles-rams/

What you're thinking of is his yearly cash: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/brandin-cooks-14429/

The cap number works differently. Dead money is to ensure that if a player is cut before their contract is up that all the actual money they've earned to the point in which a team decides to cut them is still counted against the cap in some form. Otherwise, what stops teams from just giving a massive signing bonus to abuse the cap. 

Archived