TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

You home slices ever watch videos on youtube about life in other countries? 

Haha i do. 

Gotta say every time i do, just about no matter where it is, it makes me so thankful to live in America. Yeah its not perfect, but when they say we have a lot more freedom its true even compared to European countries. 

Was watching some videos on living in Signapore today. Its amazing looking. But wow does it seem weird. 

There is only a certain amount of cars allowed on the road, so there is a lottery system for the right to drive for a 10 year period and after 10 years your right to drive goes back into the lottery. 

Then also have such crazy high taxes on automobiles to push people away from using automobiles, that a generic Mazda 3 or Honda Civic would cost you upwards of $100,000. 

And ok , they have a great public transportation system, maybe you can get around that right... 

But the housing is where it gets weird.  You have to apply to the government to live somewhere, then you are tiered -classified to a certain type of apartment or house and then your put into a lottery with other people and its all random exactly where you end up living. They also don't have many houses, they are mostly huge apartment buildings, so odds are you get a random apartment in a random building you will never see before you move in. 

Edited by Bednarik60

45 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Joe Rogan had on a guy today named Peter Schiff, really smart financial-money expert type character . Awesome podcast. 

saw that pop up...been listening to excerpts from his show with certain guests recently, so it linked it as a recommended video