TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

all in favor to quit jobs/school and hop in pete's minivan to not only go to the parade, but just wear dog masks outside the linc for all eternity? Like the buckingham palace guards, but better.

I'm down

• Like 1

All of you tax filers out there, can anyone explain how when you generate nearly 7k from a PT job only $40 is taken out for federal income tax when you only had single and head of household exemptions? 

Edit: I’ve been filing my own taxes for two tax returns this being my third and I’ve never had to deal with this before so I’m extremely confused. 

Edited by oland11

5 minutes ago, oland11 said:

All of you tax filers out there, can anyone explain how when you generate nearly 7k from a PT job only $40 is taken out for federal income tax when you only had single and head of household exemptions? 

Edit: I’ve been filing my own taxes for two tax returns this being my third and I’ve never had to deal with this before so I’m extremely confused. 

Did you get a W-2? I feel like if you only made 7k you shouldn't owe anything because you'd barely be paying any taxes.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Did you get a W-2? I feel like if you only made 7k you shouldn't owe anything because you'd barely be paying any taxes.

I’ve had a couple PT jobs for 2017 that have accumulated approximately 14k plus a student loan so about 21k. But overall, I have only accumulated about $700 total in federal income tax which is why I owe. I just don’t understand how my one PT job only had $40 taken out from nearly 7k. 

6 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I’ve had a couple PT jobs for 2017 that have accumulated approximately 14k plus a student loan so about 21k. But overall, I have only accumulated about $700 total in federal income tax which is why I owe. I just don’t understand how my one PT job only had $40 taken out from nearly 7k. 

Think that's something you'd have to ask your employer about.

3 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I already did and they weren’t able to give me much. 

I'm not a tax guy but I don't know how you owe $700 making that much. For the purposes of tax filings you should be paying poverty taxes, aka none.